eBay version 4.0

dsl135

That still sounds kinda fishy.  I don't even recall JB selling Indo Hawks before, but even if he did, why would he sell all of them at such a low price that this guy could sell them at $175 and still make a profit, after subtracting all the eBay/PayPal fees?   In any case, he seems to have fixed the listing with photos of the actual item, so at least give him credit for that.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

The item description says it all.

"toronto maple leafs starter jersey mens large retro vintage". 

4 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Starter mesh purple/gold LA Kings

never seen one of these before

Those are so f@cking rare!!!!

I believe Brilliant was searching for one at some point many years ago. 

He probably still is, lol.

I think that particular one used to belong to a member here.

I'm not a veteran but not a n00b either and that's the first time I've ever seen that Kings Starter jersey. When were those used?

15 minutes ago, TheBZ said:

I'm not a veteran but not a n00b either and that's the first time I've ever seen that Kings Starter jersey. When were those used?

http://www.nhluniforms.com/1996-97/Kings.html

Ugh. I bought a jersey from a seller in Canada almost three weeks ago and he uploaded a Canada Post tracking number, which stayed in Shipping Label Created status until today. I asked the seller a few times why the tracking hadn't been updated and he swore up and down that it was a problem on Canada Post's end, except Canada Post just sent me an email today saying that my package shipped today. I was supposed to receive it two days ago, according to eBay.

Some F(&^*** people, man. I told the seller that I know that he's been lying to me and that I want at least a partial refund.

1 hour ago, steinosaur19 said:

Just a heads up:

Jersey Baron has a sale running through this weekend, I was able to get a customized Brandon Saad CBJ 2.0 jersey for 239.99 (20% off).

Just bought a pair of jerseys he had up for $225 a piece, off eBay, for $260 for both. He may just be looking to "clean out the closet" so to speak. 

17 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Has anyone ever tracked a jersey that they've shipped and wondered, WTF is the USPS doing? I sold a jersey last week via eBay. It took two days to leave my home city. Now I see it's been routed to California ... when the location is Massachusetts. I want to apologize to the seller (who may be a forum member) but this is just absurd. 

They are on their pre-holiday suckage kick.  Sent a check via certified mail to an address approximately 20-25 miles from where I mailed it from on Thursday around noon.  Was supposed to arrive on Saturday but as of today, no updates on the tracking # since Friday.  Wonderful.

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Has anyone ever tracked a jersey that they've shipped and wondered, WTF is the USPS doing? I sold a jersey last week via eBay. It took two days to leave my home city. Now I see it's been routed to California ... when the location is Massachusetts. I want to apologize to the seller (who may be a forum member) but this is just absurd. 

It's the government, man. You can't expect it to make sense!

I bought a River Rats jersey from a guy in Albany last month. I didnt realize that it was coming from about 15 miles away, but that didnt stop it from going to Massachusetts and kicking around from place to place over there for 3 days.

Makes zero sense.

Mail from Staten Island is sent over the bridge to Brooklyn for sorting. If I mail my next door neighbor a birthday card, it goes about 30 miles to Brooklyn, and then back to the post office a block away from me the next day for delivery. 

I had a jersey coming from Canada which entered the US through Illinois, then proceeded to head further east to Pennsylvania, then New Jersey, then finally all the way west across the continent to me in California.  Added about 4 extra days transit time.  Apparently this is not a unique occurrence.  Beats me why it happens, though.

5 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I had a jersey coming from Canada which entered the US through Illinois, then proceeded to head further east to Pennsylvania, then New Jersey, then finally all the way west across the continent to me in California.  Added about 4 extra days transit time.  Apparently this is not a unique occurrence.  Beats me why it happens, though.

Stupidity. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

As I explained to the buyer (he is a member here) via PM, I wonder if it's the source. I dropped my package off at a grocery store customer service desk, which has USPS service. I've shipped from there a bunch of times but I have an idea that they maybe made an error.

Generally speaking, places like that are just a drop-off point. It's once the USPS driver picks them up that they get sent to god knows where. 

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Oh, that's just great. I've got one on the way that entered from Canada through Chicago...

Most of the stuff I order from Canada seems to enter the US through Chicago, since it seems to be a major ISC/Customs hub.  Things can get delayed there quite a bit in some cases, but once a parcel leaves Chicago, it usually heads directly towards its destination, in a timely fashion.  I imagine what happened to Dr. Puck and me isn't typical and won't happen to you.