eBay version 4.0

dsl135

36 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

I waited too long on those. I really wanted the black one, don't know why I was dragging my feet.

Yeah. I woulda pulled the trigger myself but for the size. Don't see those too often. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasn't me. Those were certainly nice though. 

6 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I can't pretend I didn't miss out on it if I keep looking at it. s***.

If it had been a 48-52, I'd have bought it instantly. I hesitated because it was a 54 with the intention of emailing JB about doing it off ebay, and it bit me in the a**.

When I was younger going to the River Rats games, they were always my favorite team to see them play because the jerseys were so badass. The rivalry thing didn't really matter to me back then.

I'm going to end up overpaying for one from meigray at some point, because I do really need to get my hands on one.

Edited by JoeM7392

4 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

If it had been a 48-52, I'd have bought it instantly. I hesitated because it was a 54 with the intention of emailing JB about doing it off ebay, and it bit me in the a**.

When I was younger going to the River Rats games, they were always my favorite team to see them play because the jerseys were so badass. The rivalry thing didn't really matter to me back then.

I'm going to end up overpaying for one from meigray at some point, because I do really need to get my hands on one.

Same here. I ended up doing just that. Bought a purple 99-00 a while back because I just had to have one. Didn't even care about the player. Just wanted one. Got it for 25% off though, so it really wasn't too bad. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

I know, right? Such a shame. Those literally never come up for sale. 

I need a Mike Richards Phantoms gamer. 

11 minutes ago, Flyers845 said:

I need a Mike Richards Phantoms gamer. 

Aw man, me too. Me too. I'd be satisfied with just about anyone from that Calder Cup winning year. 

30 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Aw man, me too. Me too. I'd be satisfied with just about anyone from that Calder Cup winning year. 

BF312C9A-56B3-4C9E-8DD5-AD72A53235E6_zps

Richie has this on his wall they show it during a "Cribs" episode. Must be the game worn one. 

I want THAT style Phantoms so badly!

Can anyone shed any light on jerseys for sale on eBay by sportsnut5? There seem to be some decent offerings from this seller, but a lot keep coming up customized as Sullivan, number 47. I thought at first it might be for Steve Sullivan, but he didn't wear 47. Also, there's way too many jerseys customized with this to all be of some 'super fan' of his (and way too many teams)

The jersey's aren't necessarily cheap enough to consider stripping - but I might be interested if they were for a legit player (but I don't think they are). Any ideas?

Here's an example of what I mean:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COLORADO-AVALANCHE-SULLIVAN-ALTERNATE-HOME-NHL-JERSEY-/162367676309?hash=item25cdde1f95:g:wE0AAOSwjDZYhM~V

or this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOS-ANGELES-KINGS-SULLIVAN-ASSISTANT-CAPTAIN-NHL-JERSEY-/401224245779?hash=item5d6ad42213:g:MNUAAOSwcUBYJj1M

or this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MONTREAL-CANADIANS-SULLIVAN-RED-NHL-JERSEY-/401224235595?hash=item5d6ad3fa4b:g:AhYAAOSw5cNYJjYW

this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHOENIX-COYOTES-SULLIVAN-AUTHENTIC-NHL-JERSEY-/162025384145?hash=item25b97728d1:g:x~oAAOSwQgpW~oNR

you get the idea...

Pretty sure these would just be considered fan jerseys.  The Avs is an Indo jersey, the Kings and the Yotes are both 1.0.  The Canadiens appears to be a proper for the years they wore KOHO.  The cost of the jersey and then stripping them and getting them recustomized might be a bit more than finding a proper one in the exact same style.

2 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I searched that seller for "sullivan" and got 89 hits.  That's the biggest superfan collection I've seen, but it's certainly not the first.

I even checked the completed listings...he's actually sold some. 

Anyone ever gone on a bad luck eBay buying streak.  The last 4 auctions in the last couple of days I was after I have missed out on all of them, with everyone I was the second highest bidder.  I know the max I want to spend and sometimes I win and others I don't and I'm fine with that.  just feel like I am going on a bit of a rough streak.  Maybe it's a good thing and something is telling me I didn't really need them.  I feel like there is a Dude Dictionary word for this... 

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

Anyone ever gone on a bad luck eBay buying streak.  The last 4 auctions in the last couple of days I was after I have missed out on all of them, with everyone I was the second highest bidder.  I know the max I want to spend and sometimes I win and others I don't and I'm fine with that.  just feel like I am going on a bit of a rough streak.  Maybe it's a good thing and something is telling me I didn't really need them.  I feel like there is a Dude Dictionary word for this... 

Sorry to hear that man. That's the main reason I never max bid on an auction on ebay until the last 5 seconds. 

When you go all in early, it drives the price up because other bidders peck away at your bid, raising the price a bit at a time...same goes for shill bids. 

I learned that back when J4TW had auctions.  

Not ebay related, but I'm having an issue making an account with Classic Auctions. What exactly am I being asked for here when I go to make an account?

CA.jpg

I was confused by that too. I just put in gamewornauctions.net and meigrayauctions.com and my last bid dates with each. I still had to email them after I registered because my account wasn't active after I submitted it. 

I wonder when all that started?  I've never had to do that before, but I did register some years ago.

I'm about to just put N/A for all of it and see what happens. Is a credit card not enough if you've never bid in a jersey auction before?