eBay version 4.0

dsl135

2 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I wonder when all that started?  I've never had to do that before, but I did register some years ago.

Guessing maybe it's like a CAPTCHA type thing to prevent robot registration/bidding?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

I'm about to just put N/A for all of it and see what happens. Is a credit card not enough if you've never bid in a jersey auction before?

Lol, even if you win an auction you can't pay with the credit card unless you already won and paid for one of their auctions in the past.

Are they really gonna check on your previous bids?  They're apparently getting stricter, I guess.

Edited by LAK74

1 minute ago, LAK74 said:

Lol, even if you win an auction you can't pay with the credit card unless you already won and paid for one of their auctions in the past.

Uh, yeah I get that. I don't care about paying with it, I figured they just wanted that as non-payment protection and I gave it to them.

I just put in a bunch of bulls*** and submitted it then sent them an email. The automated response said my account would be approved when my references were confirmed. That seems ridiculous to me for a freaking jersey auction.

I agree, that seems a bit much.  You have to start somewhere...  Good luck!

3 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Sorry to hear that man. That's the main reason I never max bid on an auction on ebay until the last 5 seconds. 

When you go all in early, it drives the price up because other bidders peck away at your bid, raising the price a bit at a time...same goes for shill bids. 

I learned that back when J4TW had auctions.  

I mostly go with the sniper method too, but sometimes I just know I'll not be around to do so. Such was the case this weekend, throw a bid on cause I knew I didn't have a chance to when it ended. Just a run of bad luck, oh well. All stuff I didn't need, just liked.

15 hours ago, JoeM7392 said:

Not ebay related, but I'm having an issue making an account with Classic Auctions. What exactly am I being asked for here when I go to make an account?

CA.jpg

I put down ebay and Gamewornauctions.net. 

The lady emailed me back and wanted to see an ebay auction I had one. I just sent her to one of my sales listings so she could see my feedback from there. 

I got accepted a couple days later. 

Seems a bit excessive and time consuming. 

Seems that way, unless maybe they are getting hit by deadbeat bidders.

1 hour ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

I put down ebay and Gamewornauctions.net. 

The lady emailed me back and wanted to see an ebay auction I had one. I just sent her to one of my sales listings so she could see my feedback from there. 

I got accepted a couple days later. 

Seems a bit excessive and time consuming. 

I'm registered! I told them I just had really used ebay, and I used your suggestion. I sent them a link to a current auction I have up so they could see my feedback. Probably helpful that all my usernames matched up as well. I was getting a little worried I might not be able to bid on a few things I really wanted to take a shot at.

That seems to be a new process for Classic as when I registered I was never asked that.  However to be fair that was years ago.

I think this is just a way to get rid of non-serious and non-paying bidders and they must have had a rash of them recently.

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

That seems to be a new process for Classic as when I registered I was never asked that.  However to be fair that was years ago.

I think this is just a way to get rid of non-serious and non-paying bidders and they must have had a rash of them recently.

Makes sense, because their FAQ section talks about how to register and there's nothing mentioning references. It was a little surprising to see that when trying to register, but I'm glad they worked with me and got it straightened out in time.

After getting some Sabres in, I´d like to add a jerseye of my boyhood favorite, Pavel Bure. And my first real memory of watching him was this goal. So I´d prefer a jersey with 96 on the back. 

How is this one regarding customization? The jersey looks good to me, but not sure about the customization.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vancouver-canucks-pavel-bure-hockey-jersey-/322442087458?hash=item4b130bcc22:g:p4YAAOSwOgdYuzBA

Edit: It´s missing the patch on the right shoulder though, I see now.

Edited by Lumpjaw
Smartphone went dumb and quoted someone.

Some poor bugger actually bid on this rag...shame.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/112331850168

9 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Some poor bugger actually bid on this rag...shame.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/112331850168

I saw that as well ,a knock off vintage and at that price 

7 hours ago, cowboys said:

I saw that as well ,a knock off vintage and at that price 

I reported it to ebay...probably a worthless effort but I did my part. 

7 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

I reported it to ebay...probably a worthless effort but I did my part. 

On the theory that maybe two complaints would be better than one, I did so as well. 

10 minutes ago, cowboys said:

Me as well

And still, nothing will happen.

Don't they know who we are???

I think that is Pete's listing and surprised he is giving up/selling any Secord Hawks gamers.