eBay version 4.0

dsl135

So then the green one technically IS his first NHL game jersey. As great of a find as it is, I wouldn't consider the Riga game one to be his first NHL jersey as it was not used during league play.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

So then the green one technically IS his first NHL game jersey. As great of a find as it is, I wouldn't consider the Riga game one to be his first NHL jersey as it was not used during league play.

I agree.

Anyone can help me out? I want to buy a jersey on ebay, but the seller won't ship to Europe. Maybe someone here can buy it and send it to me? I'll pay for all shipping costs (and the jersey itself of course) :)

Guest Dr_Puck

Have you ever noticed that random websites aggregate old ebay listings and preserve your photos? I just found an old FHL jersey photo on some random person's Instagram account. The photo came from ebay when I originally had the jersey for sale. It's rather creepy that my old images are circulating online in this way. 

Edited by Dr_Puck

18 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Have you ever noticed that random websites aggregate old ebay listings and preserve your photos? I just found an old FHL jersey photo on some random person's Instagram account. The photo came from ebay when I originally had the jersey for sale. It's rather creepy that my old images are circulating online in this way. 

Yup, a bunch of my old pictures come up in Google Images, even. 

I guess the bottom line is, once it’s out there, it’s out there. Be glad it’s a jersey picture and not those *other* pictures!!!

Anyone else tired of seeing 90,000 Fanatics listings every time they try to do a search on eBay? I get it, you have sh!tty quality t-shirts and sweatshirts at full retail price and have to list every single size separately. If I wanted them, I would go to your website. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone else tired of seeing 90,000 Fanatics listings every time they try to do a search on eBay? I get it, you have sh!tty quality t-shirts and sweatshirts at full retail price and have to list every single size separately. If I wanted them, I would go to your website. 

How many times can I answer yes?

6 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

How many times can I answer yes?

I suppose once for each listing, so 90,000. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr_Puck

Always have to chuckle when I see a flipper simply "borrow" Meigray's photos for their own listing. And of course the same jersey appears for a 50 percent or so markup. 

46 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Always have to chuckle when I see a flipper simply "borrow" Meigray's photos for their own listing. And of course the same jersey appears for a 50 percent or so markup. 

I think I know who you’re taking about. I can’t prove it now, but I was sure at one point he was selling them while they were still for sale at Meigray. Like, I guess he’d sell on eBay and then buy from MGG right after? 

I just got these notes from the person who sold me that cheap Deals and Steals Sharks jersey. 

Hello, ebay and paypal are holding my funds. For this reason I am canceling this order. As of this message please return the item . The jersey is being reported stolen of you except it you will be have stolen property. You can thank ebay for doing this to you. Paypal is forcing themselves upon me and this order. Ebay refused to help me. I'm calling the police. I need my product back.

Hello, I would print a copy from your message and contact an attorney and show him the transaction explain to him because you made a purchase from ebay im being threatened with a criminal report this clearly presents a threat to my future and life style, not good for ebay to do this to there customers for no reason, the person who ship the item out claims she gave ebay the chance the fix this for both parties, over three days and six phone calls ebay refuse to comply and palms of the problems they have created to paypal a third party merchant that has nothing to do with the item or sale when sold with ebay. Ebay is responsible for customers and service when issues arise from ebay transactions. Why are you on the verge of a criminal investigation? EBAY. Show this to a lawyer. See what he says
EBay can afford to help everyone. Plus they don't care about customers. Probably the same with there budget. I want some.

Yeah, no. Give me my refund back and pay for return shipping and then I’ll send it back. 

I can barely comprehend what he is talking about.  So, you have the jersey in your possession and he wants it back because he is claiming that he sold you stolen property?  If it were me, I would ignore it unless eBay themselves contacted me.  I'm confused.

Guest Dr_Puck

My reading skills aren't good. The seller lists an item, has an outside person ship it, and then claims you have a bad item? 

That has scam written all over it. Not a smart one either. If I'm reading that jibberish right, he is asking you to send back an item he has received payment for, with no refund issued beforehand? 

39 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I just got these notes from the person who sold me that cheap Deals and Steals Sharks jersey. 

Yeah, no. Give me my refund back and pay for return shipping and then I’ll send it back. 

As it happens, I’m a lawyer. I can only give you advice based on New York law which doesn’t apply here, but it’ll be close. 

In any event, when there are pending criminal charges, the police contact you, not the accused. 

Don’t ship anything anywhere. Wait until you receive a refund. And when I say refund, I mean just that. If he does anything other than return your payment, like initiating a new transaction, offering to mail you a check, etc., do not accept it. 

Ask him to send you proof of what he’s saying. Neither eBay nor PayPal would do anything like that verbally. Moreover, neither would threaten anyone with criminal prosecution, that’s totally outside their realm. 

Contact eBay and PayPal customer service immediately to verify what he’s saying. I suspect they’ll have no idea what he is talking about. 

Check his eBay account, see if he has any items currently listed. If he does, then you know he’s full of sh!t. 

Most likely, he figured out he can get more money and he’s just trying to get it back for that reason. 

Edited by mfitz804

Yeah definitely sounds like a scam.  eBay and PP are "holding his funds".  So, please send back the jersey so he can keep it and your money.  Screw that.

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

If I was in a good mood that day and only if I was in a good mood I would spend the effort it would take for me to type “ha ha ha” and hit send.

some peoples children.

1 minute ago, TMLFAN said:

If I was in a good mood that day and only if I was in a good mood I would spend the effort it would take for me to type “ha ha ha” and hit send.

some peoples children.

Also, be sure to block that user from having any access to your listings if you have any.

I wouldn't take that seriously.  I would just ignore it. If you want to be technical. It would NOT considered being stolen and you can prove it. Once you pay him and you possess the item, you become the owner. Save the ebay transaction which proves he sold it to you. He can make up any stories he wants. If he refunds you by his own admission how can it be "Stolen".

Edited by OR68

You can always block the guy as a bidder and I don't think he can send you a message going forward. My guess is he is a first time seller and therefore ebay/Paypal hold the funds for around a month to ensure the item arrived and the buyer leaves positive feedback.

4 hours ago, OR68 said:

I wouldn't take that seriously.  I would just ignore it. If you want to be technical. It would NOT considered being stolen and you can prove it. Once you pay him and you possess the item, you become the owner. Save the ebay transaction which proves he sold it to you. He can make up any stories he wants. If he refunds you by his own admission how can it be "Stolen".

I read it as they were saying it was stolen BEFORE the sale. The the seller sold and the buyer received stolen goods. I could be wrong. 

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Check his eBay account, see if he has any items currently listed. If he does, then you know he’s full of sh!t. 

If it's the Sharks jersey from the previous page: 288 items for sale, including that Sharks jersey.

7 hours ago, amonte78 said:

If it's the Sharks jersey from the previous page: 288 items for sale, including that Sharks jersey.

Yeah, so eBay is freezing his account for possible criminal activitiy and he has 288 active listings, including the subject item a second time?

I don’t think so

EDIT: I don’t think that’s the one he was talking about. 

Edited by mfitz804