eBay version 4.0

dsl135

I went back and looked up Kevin’s seller, he has one feedback, and 21 active listings with no other hockey jerseys. 

Username indicates it’s a thrift store, or a guy that gets his stuff from thrift stores. 

Confirms for me that he sold it and then later realized it’s worth much more so he wants it back. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nvm.

Edited by LAK74

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I went back and looked up Kevin’s seller, he has one feedback, and 21 active listings with no other hockey jerseys. 

Username indicates it’s a thrift store, or a guy that gets his stuff from thrift stores. 

Confirms for me that he sold it and then later realized it’s worth much more so he wants it back. 

So if that’s the case, that seller can go pound sand instead of making up a ridiculous story. I thought I heard everything on eBay but then a new story arises.

Edited by OR68

1 minute ago, OR68 said:

So if that’s the case, that seller can go pound sand instead of making up a ridiculous story. I thought I heard everything on eBay but then a new story arises.

Yup, pretty much. 

I once had a guy claim the package was stolen after it was delivered (tracking number proved it was delivered). The guy started flipping out on me, telling me it had been stolen and how I should refund his money because he didn’t get it and he was calling the police. It shouldn’t matter to me, he said, because the package was insured. 

Instead of telling him to pound sand, I told him to send me a copy of the police report so I could submit it to USPS, and he said he would. Never heard from him.

So I messaged him to ask how the “police investigation” (and I put it in quotes like that) was going, and asked when I could expect to see the report.

He closed his eBay account the next day. Don’t try to play a player, player. 

I had that exact same story once except the address was delivered to a P.O. Box of all places. The way the system is now, it is very easy to scam sellers and there’s really nothing they can do about it. You can file police reports but all they will tell you it’s a civil matter.

I’ve started to send items signature required for sales over $200 and just adding a few bucks to the price to compensate. I also take pics of everything I send while it’s in the shipping box so that someone can’t say that I sent them a pair of dirty sneakers instead of a jersey. Can’t be too careful these days with people trying to scam you.

5 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I’ve started to send items signature required for sales over $200 and just adding a few bucks to the price to compensate. I also take pics of everything I send while it’s in the shipping box so that someone can’t say that I sent them a pair of dirty sneakers instead of a jersey. Can’t be too careful these days with people trying to scam you.

How would taking such a picture help? It doesn’t prove anything. How would you prove you didn’t just take the picture and then mail the guy a box of dog turds? 

eBay/PayPal disregards video/pictures as evidence since they did not see what was sent. In theory it makes sense but it’s rather just a waste of time. You can have a dishonest person say anything if they want to scam someone.

Edited by OR68

47 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Don’t try to play a player, player. 

Ugh, thank god I stopped selling on ebay. No more unecessary costs, no more unecessary dbags. 

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How would taking such a picture help? It doesn’t prove anything. How would you prove you didn’t just take the picture and then mail the guy a box of dog turds? 

It probably doesn’t. But I’ve sent said pics to a guy once that claimed he didn’t receive something and it made him go away. So who knows. 

34 minutes ago, OR68 said:

eBay/PayPal disregards video/pictures as evidence since they did not see what was sent. In theory it makes sense but it’s rather just a waste of time. You can have a dishonest person say anything if they want to scam someone.

Right. All you need is a second box. Or, you could even just remove item A and insert item B and you could use the same box. 

The pictures should be disregarded because they show nothing. 

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

It probably doesn’t. But I’ve sent said pics to a guy once that claimed he didn’t receive something and it made him go away. So who knows. 

I guess if it discourages someone from pursuing their fraud, they served their purpose that time. 

I just got off the phone with eBay and they told me that I don't have to do anything, which is fine since I wasn't going to send it back anyway unless I got a full refund plus return shipping. The guy has been a member of eBay since 1/7/18 so the likeliest explanation is that they're doing a new seller hold on his funds. He should get the money in a couple of days. They're going to email him to explain the situation to him. Either way, I won't be responding to him.

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

You should have taken a dump in a box, marked it guaranteed and sent it back.

^This guy right here...I’d vote for him.

You can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s Arse, but wouldn’t you rather take the butcher’s word for it?

3 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

You should have taken a dump in a box, marked it guaranteed and sent it back.

Winner winner,chicken dinner. If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I can do that I got spare time.

57 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s Arse, but wouldn’t you rather take the butcher’s word for it?

Housekeeping... you want me fluff pillow?

I am with Amonte78 and this is why I do not miss dealing with people on eBay. Lately I have found eBay to be great for pretty much anything but jerseys. Jerseys are near impossible to sell on there these days unless it is priced dirt cheap or is an extremely rare style. I just checked my list and over the past 12 months I have sold 18 game worn jerseys and out of those only 2 through eBay. Yeah you got tire kickers to deal with on Facebook, but there are also tire-kickers on eBay and you don't have a monopolistic billion-dollar corporation act as a judge, jury and executioner (that you agree to in their TOS) who takes the side of the buyer 98% of the time.

Anyone here have other recommendations to use to sell jerseys other than eBay? 

1 minute ago, OR68 said:

Anyone here have other recommendations to use to sell jerseys other than eBay? 

This forum, Facebook, Classic/GWA (for Gamers or rare authentics), word of mouth, Gameworn forum, Reddit.

6 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

This forum, Facebook, Classic/GWA (for Gamers or rare authentics), word of mouth, Gameworn forum, Reddit.

Craigslist, just be careful how you word it so people don't think you're offering "massage services". 

Speaking of annoying ebay stuff, as a seller with "Best Offer" enabled, I am tired of the "what is your best price?".... like seriously, are you so insecure about submitting an offer that you won't even try? Throw a number down, as even if I have a "best price" of $100, if you offer $95, I'll probably just suck it up and accept the offer.