eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Again, I said it was for that specific item. Not all items I list follow that same formula because I don't think it would be realistic. It's a case by case basis.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Again, I said it was for that specific item. Not all items I list follow that same formula because I don't think it would be realistic. It's a case by case basis.

That’s only furthering my argument. I have no idea whether you’ll take off 50% or 5% that specific item. It wouldn’t be intelligent negotiation for me to start at 5%!!

So, I've received no further messages from the Sharks jersey guy about needing the jersey back. Either he accepted the explanation eBay gave him about why his money was being held or he realized he's not getting the jersey back. Hell, it's probably worth more now than it was when he sold it to me since I stripped it and cleaned it.

6 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

So, I've received no further messages from the Sharks jersey guy about needing the jersey back. Either he accepted the explanation eBay gave him about why his money was being held or he realized he's not getting the jersey back. Hell, it's probably worth more now than it was when he sold it to me since I stripped it and cleaned it.

Did you inform him that you had already been in touch with eBay and they told you not to?

Odds are, he realized you were not going to be scammed and he moved on. 

Edited by mfitz804

Nah, I didn't even respond to him. eBay told me I didn't have to do anything and I didn't feel like doing anything that could antagonize him.

8 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Nah, I didn't even respond to him. eBay told me I didn't have to do anything and I didn't feel like doing anything that could antagonize him.

You’re more mature than I. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You’re more mature than I. 

That’s definitely what she said. 

16 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

That’s definitely what she said. 

Not to me lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if this is legit? I’m asking because I have a question about the tagging. The starter with the S and wordmark was for the 96-97 season then switched to just the Starter without the S in 97-98 and 98-99. Francis was the captain in 96-97 so that back tagging would be incorrect or were older ones recycled? I have a blank I would like to get done and since my OCD is kicking in, I do not want to put the wrong letter on.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F362065669694

12 minutes ago, OR68 said:

Anyone know if this is legit? I’m asking because I have a question about the tagging. The starter with the S and wordmark was for the 96-97 season then switched to just the Starter without the S in 97-98 and 98-99. Francis was the captain in 96-97 so that back tagging would be incorrect or were older ones recycled? I have a blank I would like to get done and since my OCD is kicking in, I do not want to put the wrong letter on.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F362065669694

I think your info is slightly off- Lemieux was captain in 1996-97; Francis did not become captain until 1997-98.  However, as you suggested, the Penguins did use jerseys manufactured in one year but used in the next season.  Many 1997-98 Starter gamers have 1996-97 tagging; I remember seeing pics of Francis wearing a jersey with the Captain's C but with the 96/97 tagging.  I'm not saying anything about the eBay jersey being legit though.  This 96/97 jersey must not have been used until 1998/99, because Jagr wasn't captain until then.

As someone who loves their goalie cuts its tempting. I guess its a blessing he doesn't ship to Canada.

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

20% off any item on eBay until 7 pm PT today, code PICKDADSGIFT .

*minimum $50 purchase. 

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

*minimum $50 purchase. 

fine print. 

We were all gonna spend more than $50 anyway...

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

fine print. 

We were all gonna spend more than $50 anyway...

That’s what she said.