eBay version 4.0

dsl135

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I'm also pretty sure the Hawks weren't wearing vectors in 2013. That was my first clue.

You are correct -- they weren't wearing Vectors any longer that season

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

I can verify that the Hawks store carried Canadian-made 2.0s. I saw several there years ago when they were using the 2008 Winter Classic style as their 3rd for a few seasons. 

interesting... I never saw any 2.0s there. most times I inquired about the Canadian made sweaters they usually looked at me like they had no idea what the hell I was talking about.

I did inquire once at the old location a little bit before they moved and the guy working that day said they used to have them but no longer. I wasn't convinced he wasn't talking about the 1.0s they used to have, though. 

probably good they never had them as much as they jacked up their prices there, I'd have spent more than I already have!

Edited by vadarx

6 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Those pictures are mostly of a 1.0.  The picture of the shoulder patches is not of a 1.0; it’s possibly an Indo 7231.  Something’s wrong here.

yep.

those pics right there are exactly what I was talking about a while back when I was saying why I only have TI, GI, or GW home and away 'hawks jerseys from Reebok now (save my Seabrook jersey for wearing out and about). I sold the other 2 I had (all 3 came from JB). jersey itself is a 2.0 but the shoulder patches are for sure Indo patches.

Edited by vadarx

3 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I'm also pretty sure the Hawks weren't wearing vectors in 2013. That was my first clue.

yeah, I'm not sure what this dingus was thinking. says it is the jersey is what they wore vs Philly in 2010 and says it has a 2010 patch but has a clear pic of it being a 2013 patch. lol....

48 minutes ago, vadarx said:

yeah, I'm not sure what this dingus was thinking. says it is the jersey is what they wore vs Philly in 2010 and says it has a 2010 patch but has a clear pic of it being a 2013 patch. lol....

Dingus. Well played.

52 minutes ago, vadarx said:

Probably a casual fan that doesn't really know much about jerseys

1 hour ago, gwarjis said:

Probably a casual fan that doesn't really know much about jerseys

o for sure. it is more the fact that he says it is a 2010 patch and talks about those finals and then has a pic of a 2013 patch... they could be as casual as they want but they gotta blind to something like that.?

14 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I bet it was $280 pre-customization..?

if it was a 1.0 from the Blackhawks Store it was for sure blank unless they bought it on sale when they were trying to get rid of the 1.0s which happened...? as far as i know they charged full price for an authentic until they were gone. so most likely this was blank.

perhaps they were part of the last run of the 1.0s and Reebok slapped some new shoulder patches on them to test out how the indo patches would go over? 

Edited by vadarx

2 minutes ago, vadarx said:

perhaps they were part of the last run of the 1.0s and Reebok slapped some new shoulder patches on them to test out how the indo patches would go over? 

Actually, what I meant earlier is that the closeup pic of the shoulder patch is of a different jersey (I’m almost positive it’s an Indo-Edge) than the 1.0 jersey that appears in all the other pictures.  If you look at the details in the patch (the way the red tomahawk handles cross each other, the size and shape of the 4 white holes in the center, etc.) you’ll see they are not the same patches as the ones in the 1.0 pics.  So that one picture is not a 1.0 with Indo patches, it’s an Indo jersey period.

32 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Actually, what I meant earlier is that the closeup pic of the shoulder patch is of a different jersey (I’m almost positive it’s an Indo-Edge) than the 1.0 jersey that appears in all the other pictures.  If you look at the details in the patch (the way the red tomahawk handles cross each other, the size and shape of the 4 white holes in the center, etc.) you’ll see they are not the same patches as the ones in the 1.0 pics.  So that one picture is not a 1.0 with Indo patches, it’s an Indo jersey period.

ahhhhh, I got ya....

so now additionally this dingus took pics of multiple jerseys as well? 

well now I am convinced they are just being an asshat.

10 hours ago, LAK74 said:

And this is why forums like these exist.

It takes a village.

18 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Are you sure that's just not pics of opposing shoulder patches?

And maybe the lighting being different?

It looks like all the same jersey to me... just a thought

In the picture with the patch closeup, I see airknit material, and it looks to be a lighter grade than what’s in the 2.0’s.  If it’s the same jersey in all the pics, the shoulder should be x-trafil, and right below that the arms should be bubble mesh.  Looks all airknit to me.  Also in the closeup pic the right side of the nameplate shows a letter with a bar running straight up and down- it can’t be an S, or W, or any of the others in Toews’ name.  It also looks like the name has got to be longer than Toews to even reach that far to the right.  I’m sure this jersey has a different player name on it.  The seller probably took pictures of another jersey for sale, and just threw that one in the listing either by accident, or he figured no one would notice.

In the Hawks’ font, there’s probably only one letter that could be the one shown in the patch closeup picture- a D.   I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this picture came from a Corey Crawford Indo jersey, since the D is at the end of the name, where it would have to be, in order to be in that position in the photo.

27 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

In the Hawks’ font, there’s probably only one letter that could be the one shown in the patch closeup picture- a D.   I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this picture came from a Corey Crawford Indo jersey, since the D is at the end of the name, where it would have to be, in order to be in that position in the photo.

Man, what an eye! 

I totally see what you are seeing and you are right

Please accept my apology for my faux pas - I am now off to get glasses :D

LAK is amazing! 

Edited by Hockey Bob

38 minutes ago, gwarjis said:

Man, what an eye! 

33 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

LAK is amazing! 

That’s why he’s the man. ?

4 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I am now off to get glasses :D