eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Just checked NHL auctions for the first time in a while and it looks like the game worn jersey auctions from Fanatics now has reserves on them. Never seen that before on there.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Just checked NHL auctions for the first time in a while and it looks like the game worn jersey auctions from Fanatics now has reserves on them. Never seen that before on there.

The reserves are stupid. on the McCann set 1, the list price is 699. reserve was 600. I got the red McCann set 1 for 350 through my rep.

12 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

15% coupon today PERFECTDAY

Thanks for the heads up! Had a non-jersey item I was about to buy anyway, this post saved me $18. 

2 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

Woooooow. This is the worst perfectday ever

Well if I split the discount, it would only be half perfect for me. If you used the coupon, AND got half of my discount, it would be 1 1/2 times perfect for you. Which would disrupt the perfectly balance. 

So it's the only way to maintain the status quo, really. 

I just wanted to remind everyone that PayPal Credit has changed its terms. Purchases of $99+ still get no interest for 6 months, but you are now required to make monthly payments. 

Those who use it will recall the previous deal provided for no interest AND no payments for 6 months. 

Just a heads up so you don’t get surprised!

Edited by mfitz804

We gotta come up with a word for when you see something you'd buy and as soon as you click on it - it shows sold. :mellow:

I hope someone got this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-AUTHENTIC-MASKA-CCM-ILYA-KOVALCHUK-ATLANTA-THRASHERS-NHL-JERSEY-SZ-L-/253733467521?hash=item3b13b17581%3Ag%3A6e0AAOSwEwZbPrwe&nma=true&si=1Ooj3e399KxGLaeH%2FEmJRktLUz4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Odd that is says Kovalchuck but it's a Flames jersey.

Edited by Hockey Bob
added text

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

We gotta come up with a word for when you see something you'd buy and as soon as you click on it - it shows sold. :mellow:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-AUTHENTIC-MASKA-CCM-ILYA-KOVALCHUK-ATLANTA-THRASHERS-NHL-JERSEY-SZ-L-/253733467521?hash=item3b13b17581%3Ag%3A6e0AAOSwEwZbPrwe&nma=true&si=1Ooj3e399KxGLaeH%2FEmJRktLUz4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That word would be “big-goalied”, because I bought it earlier this morning. And Fuhr it is. Seller even contacted me to clear up the confusion. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

4 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

You got big-goalied, bro

I have been bested,

Glad someone here got it. 
Nice steal too. 

I hope one day to Hockey Bob one before you see it :D

(Meh, it just doesn't sound as good) 

2 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I have been bested,

Glad someone here got it. 
Nice steal too. 

I hope one day to Hockey Bob one before you see it :D

(Meh, it just doesn't sound as good) 

I hope my term sticks. I kinda like it. 

59 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

you gotta cough up that jersey ;)

Now we need a term for THAT!

Guest Dr_Puck

What's the point of having a best-offer price if you automatically decline everything to within $5 of the listing? Not trying to be cheap but my best-offer on a $45 replica keeps getting rejected. 

Or how about the seller who has a jersey for $300 up for years, finally lowers the price to $275 and then keeps the best-offer floor the same price? 

20 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Or how about the seller who has a jersey for $300 up for years, finally lowers the price to $275 and then keeps the best-offer floor the same price? 

I’ve done it. The full price is a little high in case someone gets excited, nobody does so I lower it to make it more attractive, but my floor price is still the same. 

But, I do it within weeks, not years. And the floor is usually significantly lower than both the original and lowered price. 

Guest Dr_Puck
3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ve done it. The full price is a little high in case someone gets excited, nobody does so I lower it to make it more attractive, but my floor price is still the same. 

But, I do it within weeks, not years. And the floor is usually significantly lower than both the original and lowered price. 

I know I am being cheap on these jerseys, so take my comments with a grain of salt. The higher-end one, though, has many comparables on the market that haven't moved at far, far less than what the guy has his up for. Hoping to grab it but I won't get it until the price goes way down.