eBay version 4.0

dsl135

On 9/24/2018 at 3:35 AM, JJM4 said:

Check out where that fight strap is located. I'd like an NWT in this style but not this one.  These guys also had another odd Blues jersey recently with the rear hem branding actually being embroidered on the front hem. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223142864048?ViewItem=&item=223142864048

That’s right in line with the Mighty Ducks gamer I have. I don’t know how much the construction of their jerseys changed from CCM>Nike>Pro Player>CCM/Koho but AFAIK the fight strap has always been clear above the stripe because otherwise the stitching would cause issues with the stripe. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trying something weird with the 15% off coupon.  I found something with best offer that I really don't think will last until 1:00 tomorrow.  So, I struck a deal with the seller tonight.  It's a good deal, but I'm curious if waiting to checkout at 1:00 tomorrow will allow me to use the coupon.

If it doesn't work, I'm ok with it.  I've already saved a good chunk of change by doing a best offer.

59 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Trying something weird with the 15% off coupon.  I found something with best offer that I really don't think will last until 1:00 tomorrow.  So, I struck a deal with the seller tonight.  It's a good deal, but I'm curious if waiting to checkout at 1:00 tomorrow will allow me to use the coupon.

If it doesn't work, I'm ok with it.  I've already saved a good chunk of change by doing a best offer.

I have been asked to do it as a seller, and nobody ever told me it didn’t work...

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I have been asked to do it as a seller, and nobody ever told me it didn’t work...

Yeah, the only way I can see it *not* working is if eBay's software uses the purchase time of the item vs. the checkout time to determine coupon eligibility.  Technically I "purchased" the item an hour ago, so it may not work.  But, I'm fine with it if it doesn't.  I really didn't want to miss out on this jersey.

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, the only way I can see it *not* working is if eBay's software uses the purchase time of the item vs. the checkout time to determine coupon eligibility.  Technically I "purchased" the item an hour ago, so it may not work.  But, I'm fine with it if it doesn't.  I really didn't want to miss out on this jersey.

No no, you *committed* to purchase. No pay, no purchase. 

pur·chase
ˈpərCHəs/
verb
  1. 1. 
    acquire (something) by paying for it; buy.

No no, you *committed* to purchase. No pay, no purchase. 

pur·chase
ˈpərCHəs/
verb
  1. 1. 
    acquire (something) by paying for it; buy.

Let's hope you're right!

16 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I am happy to report that it worked for this situation!

On the eBay topic, what's up with people who bubble wrap weird things?

You do know a jersey in a box isn't going to crack and doesn't need 5 layers of bubble wrap or those little air cushions...don't you?

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

On the eBay topic, what's up with people who bubble wrap weird things?

You do know a jersey in a box isn't going to crack and doesn't need 5 layers of bubble wrap or those little air cushions...don't you?

What are you complaining about? It's free bubble wrap! (not really cuz you paid for shipping, but they probably would've charged you the same regardless)

9 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Another truth of eBay: the more questions someone asks about your item, the lower the probability they will ever buy said item. 

So true.

I had an idiot ask me literally 50 questions about a kit I was selling.  This went on for months, they would ask a bunch of questions that I would answer and then they would always say I will buy the item in a few weeks when I get paid etc, etc. but obviously never would.  

In the end I just made a game with it and would only use one word answers to all his questions.  After about 6 months he stopped messaging.  

7 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

This gave me a chuckle. At least they put Brian Burke in the right organization. https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/58372959

I've seen that before on eBay. Not that jersey, people assuming a Sean jersey was a Brian. 

Guest Dr_Puck

I've seen that before on eBay. Not that jersey, people assuming a Sean jersey was a Brian. 

Easy mistake to make for the non-hockey fan. Running the GoodWill auctions must be a thankless job, I can only imagine the questions they must get from collectors from all hobbies. 

Anyone know if when eBay has these coupons, you can also apply eBay Bucks? I've been waiting on a coupon to make a purchase and just received a good amount of eBay bucks as well. Trying to decide if I need to wait for the next coupon, or if I should go ahead and buy. 

I'm halfway anticipating a coupon for Columbus Day...

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone know if when eBay has these coupons, you can also apply eBay Bucks? I've been waiting on a coupon to make a purchase and just received a good amount of eBay bucks as well. Trying to decide if I need to wait for the next coupon, or if I should go ahead and buy. 

I'm halfway anticipating a coupon for Columbus Day...

I'm pretty sure it should work.