dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

Awesome. I should be getting a 2.0 for $37.00 out of pocket at the end of the day. 

I'm mad at eBay today. I had a buyer offer, in an eBay message, to complete a deal privately (i.e. off eBay). I replied that I couldn't do so, as it is a violation of eBay's terms. 

We then completed the deal through eBay. 

A day later, I get an email that a warning has been placed on my account due to communications trying to complete a deal off eBay. 

So in case anyone is wondering, 1) they do monitor eBay messages, and 2) even if you do the right thing, they still issue a warning. 

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Well, that’s just stupid. 

Yup. I should’ve just done it and saved myself $30 in fees. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm mad at eBay today. I had a buyer offer, in an eBay message, to complete a deal privately (i.e. off eBay). I replied that I couldn't do so, as it is a violation of eBay's terms. 

We then completed the deal through eBay. 

A day later, I get an email that a warning has been placed on my account due to communications trying to complete a deal off eBay. 

So in case anyone is wondering, 1) they do monitor eBay messages, and 2) even if you do the right thing, they still issue a warning. 

eBay uses a keyword filter/machine learning tool. Unfortunately it doesn't matter what your intentions are if the system picks up just one word or character it'll flag it and that's when you'll get warned. I've gotten those warnings before and when i do get them that's usually how i know ebay's system updated itself to the most up to date seller message tricks.  

18 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

Öñè thíńg thàt hâś wōrkéd fór mè îś tô üśè àłtèrñàtè çhàráćtērś

also helps to swear on this fücking site ?

Very smart....

25 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

Öñè thíńg thàt hâś wōrkéd fór mè îś tô üśè àłtèrñàtè çhàráćtērś

also helps to swear on this fücking site ?

I didn’t think I needed to do anything secretive to say “no, I can’t do that, it’s against the rules”. 

Dude, nice new avatar!  

5 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Dude, nice new avatar!  

Thanks man. 

Devils Adidas Retro 3rd, Taylor Hall. NWOT. You know, because the most horrific fakes you have ever seen in your life don't come with tags. 

Piece of crap

12 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Lol.

That jersey was already brought up a bunch of times in this thread. The consensus was that everyone was going to stay away from it.

29 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

Lol.

That jersey was already brought up a bunch of times in this thread. The consensus was that everyone was going to stay away from it.

20 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

For what the seller will let it go for stay away, far away.

Cheers guys, thanks for the heads up, it looks f***** tbf

1 hour ago, DJ Rhea said:

Yeah,

I bought that one and returned it.

It's toast buddy.
No fight strap, filthy, bleeding sigs, holes and board burns on the sleeves, shows a LOT of wear, needs to be stripped and re-lettered.

All in all I wouldn't offer more than $100 and the seller seems firm on nothing less than $200

13 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Yeah,

I bought that one and returned it.

It's toast buddy.
No fight strap, filthy, bleeding sigs, holes and board burns on the sleeves, shows a LOT of wear, needs to be stripped and re-lettered.

All in all I wouldn't offer more than $100 and the seller seems firm on nothing less than $200

I'll wave at that one as it sails by.

Guest Dr_Puck

The good: I just picked up a real nice minor league jersey today.  Quick shipping on a jersey that arrived today, low price, no hassle on the original purchase. The bad: A second package arrived from that same seller today and it contained an extra item (a purse). I messaged the seller to say I'll be happy to return the purse if he paypals me the shipping cost, let's see if this becomes a problem.