eBay version 4.0

dsl135

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

eBay 10% off coupon valid until tomorrow at 8:00am ET. Code: PICKUPTEN

I have an item I’ve been waiting for a coupon for, but I’m holding out for 20%!!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I have an item I’ve been waiting for a coupon for, but I’m holding out for 20%!!

Yeah, I haven’t seen the 20% ones in a while. Mostly 15 or 10%. 

34 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, I haven’t seen the 20% ones in a while. Mostly 15 or 10%. 

I would settle on 15%. 10%, if I was going to buy something I’d apply it, but it’s not going to make me jump. Especially not for an item that I know will still be in stock.

So, I held off as long as possible on requesting eBay intervention on that fake Penguins return, and then I shipped it back only a few days before the deadline. I wanted to make the guy wait since he decided to go back on his word. 

Ebay covered the return shipping and I’m getting a full refund. 

Here's a 1st for me. 

I won this and the seller messed something up with their PayPal so I can't make payment. 
I've reached out to them numerous times, I called eBay twice and am no longer getting responses from the seller. 
eBay told me to just let it sit for 60 days and if the seller doesn't respond it will just fall off, strange. 

I'm kinda relieved because this guy has zero feedback / sales and I have heard some horror stories. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ED-BELFOUR-ORIGINAL-NIKE-AUTHENTIC-CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-JERSEY-SIZE-52/283204456028?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649

Guest Dr_Puck
29 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Here's a 1st for me. 

I won this and the seller messed something up with their PayPal so I can't make payment. 
I've reached out to them numerous times, I called eBay twice and am no longer getting responses from the seller. 
eBay told me to just let it sit for 60 days and if the seller doesn't respond it will just fall off, strange. 

I'm kinda relieved because this guy has zero feedback / sales and I have heard some horror stories. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ED-BELFOUR-ORIGINAL-NIKE-AUTHENTIC-CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-JERSEY-SIZE-52/283204456028?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649

Had something similar with a new ebay seller recently, their paypal account wouldn't sync up with their ebay account. They finally decided to send me invoices through PayPal, which I paid. The problem is that it took two days for ebay to realize that the payment was received, so they wouldn't release the items immediately. Thankfully all was resolved on my end.  

Real eBay interaction. Item is $99 plus shipping or Best offer.

Him: 70 shipped? (In an eBay message, didn’t actually submit an offer).

Me: Sorry, that’s lower than I would accept. 

Him: what’s the lowest? 

Me: What’s the highest you’d pay? (My standard response to that stupid question)

Him: 75-80

Me: If you offer $70 plus shipping, I’d accept it. 

Him: I’d go $70 shipped. 

Me: Sorry, too low. 

Now that’s coming full circle, right back to where we started. 

Edited by mfitz804

On 10/25/2018 at 8:51 PM, TheKevinShow said:

So, I held off as long as possible on requesting eBay intervention on that fake Penguins return, and then I shipped it back only a few days before the deadline. I wanted to make the guy wait since he decided to go back on his word. 

Ebay covered the return shipping and I’m getting a full refund. 

???

He returned it to sender. He actually sent it back to me. Wow. 

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Hmm. You won’t get your refund until he has it in his possession, though, right? 

No, I got the refund. I now have a free fake jersey. 

I wonder if the Reebok logo is any good. Maybe I can salvage it. Also, I’ll compare the material to real airknit and see if I can use it for nameplates. 

15 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

No, I got the refund. I now have a free fake jersey. 

I wonder if the Reebok logo is any good. Maybe I can salvage it. Also, I’ll compare the material to real airknit and see if I can use it for nameplates. 

When did you get the refund? In my experience the seller has control over issuing the refund, at least initially. If he fails to give the refund within a couple days, then eBay covers it.

That would mean the seller had to initiate it before receiving the item. 

Also, bear in mind,if he discovers his error and offers to pay for you to ship it back, you have to return it. Might want to wait a bit before cutting it up. 

I already got the refund. It’s been credited back to my credit card. I got it when I shipped the jersey back thanks to eBay paying for the shipping. However, he marked it as return to sender and I now have the jersey back. 

9 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I’m going to sit on it for a few weeks and if I don’t hear from him, then I’m going to dispose of it somehow. 

Yup, that’ll be sufficient. 

Seeing as it has 11 bids - I doubt it's a secret.

Wasn't someone on here looking for one of these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113340430396?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

I knew what that was going to link to before I opened it.  I have bought so much this month, and I don't need it, but I will still try for it.  My guess is it will go for over $300, probably $400.

Ya never know, it might stay low. 
If it was a bigger size and I didn't already have a 1990-91 I'd probably have been all over it. 

18 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

I knew what that was going to link to before I opened it.  I have bought so much this month, and I don't need it, but I will still try for it.  My guess is it will go for over $300, probably $400.

$258 was the winning bid. 

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

Probably time for a new eBay thread since this one is 200+ pages...

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/1121/70319.html

15% off PICKFAST

This Coupon is a 15% discount, valid from 8:00 AM ET on November 21, 2018 until 8:00 PM ET on November 21, 2018.

Thanks, have one in the watch list waiting for a coupon!

16 hours ago, Gewargis said:

Probably time for a new eBay thread since this one is 200+ pages...

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/1121/70319.html

15% off PICKFAST

This Coupon is a 15% discount, valid from 8:00 AM ET on November 21, 2018 until 8:00 PM ET on November 21, 2018.

In APP only if that matters to anyone.

Talk about good timing with that coupon. I just used it on a jersey that I’ve been looking for for at least three years. One just so happened to pop up today, blank, and in my size. Crazy. It had a best offer, but I just snatched it up because the price was so low and I didn’t want someone else to grab it. Thanks for the heads up on the coupon!

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Talk about good timing with that coupon. I just used it on a jersey that I’ve been looking for for at least three years. One just so happened to pop up today, blank, and in my size. Crazy. It had a best offer, but I just snatched it up because the price was so low and I didn’t want someone else to grab it. Thanks for the heads up on the coupon!

Don't you love it when that happens?

Mine was a Devils blank I needed, but that I didn't need right away. I was quite literally waiting for the next coupon to make the purchase, so I did. 

What was the jersey??