dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya know... 
I try to read through my posts to make sure I don't set you up .

I think I'm gonna have to wear this one for not proofreading out loud 😝

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Ya know... 
I try to read through my posts to make sure I don't set you up .

I think I'm gonna have to wear this one for not proofreading out loud 😝

That was you trying NOT to set me up? You’re like the accidental Wayne Gretzky of TWSS with that assist...

18 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

The Rangers ones still sell no matter what. I sold my Amonte game-worn TBTC for $9,000.00 last year.

$9k! Holy smokes 
Confirmed, I could never afford to collect gamers. 

I'll have to stick to authentics and team issues that I sent to you for customization. 
Speaking of that..... I think I'm long overdue to send you a big box of goodies 😃

Old issue that drives me crazy.  Ebay listing for fixed price or best offer.  After several lower offers being automatically declined, I offer 90% of the BIN number, and it is still automatically declined.  What is the point of the Best Offer option, if you are not even going to counter a 90% offer?

/rant.

6 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Old issue that drives me crazy.  Ebay listing for fixed price or best offer.  After several lower offers being automatically declined, I offer 90% of the BIN number, and it is still automatically declined.  What is the point of the Best Offer option, if you are not even going to counter a 90% offer?

/rant.

I also enjoy when it’s a cheaper item (Under $20) and they won’t even take off a dollar. They will accept $0.50 off the listing price.

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I also enjoy when it’s a cheaper item (Under $20) and they won’t even take off a dollar. They will accept $0.50 off the listing price.

I guess there's no understanding human psychology.

I had someone message me seeking a price better than my very fair offer, stating that he should get it for less because of the exchange rate with the Canadian dollar. 

Am I supposed to take the strength or weakness of foreign currencies into account??

52 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I had someone message me seeking a price better than my very fair offer, stating that he should get it for less because of the exchange rate with the Canadian dollar. 

Am I supposed to take the strength or weakness of foreign currencies into account??

Yeah, it definitely impacts the decision to purchase, this coming from a Canadian, so as a seller in the US, it does impact the ability to make the sale. You also need to weigh the importance of making the sale. If you’ve had it listed for some time, and haven’t had many or any offers or interest, is it worth it to hold on to it just to save a little bit of money? Sometimes cash in hand, is better than a jersey you no longer want.

The rates of shipping from the US is affecting my purchasing decisions more than the exchange rate. When I look at something on eBay now, I see what the total is of the item and shipping in Canadian dollars and decide if that's what I'm willing to pay if I were to be in a store at that moment. 

Then there's import fees with the f***ing global shipping program to consider too. 

1 hour ago, KB67 said:

Yeah, it definitely impacts the decision to purchase, this coming from a Canadian, so as a seller in the US, it does impact the ability to make the sale. You also need to weigh the importance of making the sale. If you’ve had it listed for some time, and haven’t had many or any offers or interest, is it worth it to hold on to it just to save a little bit of money? Sometimes cash in hand, is better than a jersey you no longer want.

Right, but for me, that's true no matter who the buyer is. If I want $200, and someone offers $150, I have a decision to make. Whether its because of the exchange rate or because they are cheap. I am certain it impacts your decision as a buyer, but if i think I can get $200 from a US buyer, I'm not going to sell it to you for less because of the exchange rate. 

If its sitting, then you consider lowering your price, I get that part. But if we accept the item is worth $200 US, whether it costs you more in fake Canadian money is of no importance to me!

1 hour ago, Van67 said:

The rates of shipping from the US is affecting my purchasing decisions more than the exchange rate. When I look at something on eBay now, I see what the total is of the item and shipping in Canadian dollars and decide if that's what I'm willing to pay if I were to be in a store at that moment. 

Then there's import fees with the f***ing global shipping program to consider too. 

As well you should consider what your price would be. But that's YOUR consideration. As the seller, I just want my money. If you are the only buyer, I would do the same thing whether you were in the US or not...lower the price. 

I've stopped using the Global Shipping Program for the most part, although its still on my account. I am sure it is the International shipping option on some of my current listings, and that's by accident if so. I should double check. 

I tried this with a seller.
It sucks living in Illinois, corrupt politics, high taxes and it's cold.
You should give me a discount

He raised his price 

All joking aside, set your price, if they don't like it, they can move on. 

3 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I tried this with a seller.
It sucks living in Illinois, corrupt politics, high taxes and it's cold.
You should give me a discount

He raised his price 

All joking aside, set your price, if they don't like it, they can move on. 

Are you anti-Canadian?

18 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I'm anti-anyone who feels like they should get something for less because they are "special" when they're not 

Agreed. If you’re special, I’ll let you know lol. 

If you are a Pens fan and the size of Vern Troyer this is the jersey for YOU! 

What is the smallest pro weight size? I thought it was 44? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-1992-MASKA-CCM-ULTRAFIL-CENTER-ICE-AUTHENTIC-PRO-GAME-JERSEY/184031390201?hash=item2ad92029f9:g:TLgAAOSw6i5dyMFp

Never seen one that small. The smallest one I seen prior to that was a 42.

I’ve seen CCM Robopens in size 36.