dsl135

eBay version 4.0

A buyer messages me to ask a bunch of questions on the customization on one of my authentics. I know from the tone of their message that they're just after information about how to get one of their blanks done up and not a sale. Still, I oblige and then they ghost me. Not a thank you or an acknowledgement. I'm not asking for much but at least let me know the details were helpful to you. 

Edited by Dr_Puck

6 hours ago, amonte78 said:

Interesting pricing, should be $200-250 max. 

Way overpriced.  And they should have removed the Meigray and Oilers set tagging, IMO.

I thought this was a cool piece. MIC Adidas Oilers in the rare blue that they only wore a handful of times last season.  GI with the 40th patch with all the retired numbers on it. Could potentially make a nice McDavid.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Patrick-Russell-52-NHL-Edmonton-Oilers-Retro-18-19-Game-Issued-Jersey-Size-56/173935637931?hash=item287f5f35ab%3Ag%3Ag9wAAOSwfdxdBtZl&LH_BIN=1

Here's a unique, one off Stars.  It's got the mini Stars logo on the left rear hem like the jerseys had from 99 and earlier but the CCM with the silver shield is from the 2000 season.  I'd say it's not accurate but I've never seen one like this. I looked at both the home and road 2000 styles I've had in my collection and they both didn't have the mini Stars logo.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Derian-Hatcher-Dallas-Stars-North-Stars-Jersey-1999-New-CCM-wPatch/143307359379?hash=item215dc8c493%3Ag%3AZFEAAOSwnyNdERKC&LH_BIN=1

Edited by JJM4

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

Here's a unique, one off Stars.  It's got the mini Stars logo on the left rear hem like the jerseys had from 99 and earlier but the CCM with the silver shield is from the 2000 season.  I'd say it's not accurate but I've never seen one like this. I looked at both the home and road 2000 styles I've had in my collection and they both didn't have the mini Stars logo.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Derian-Hatcher-Dallas-Stars-North-Stars-Jersey-1999-New-CCM-wPatch/143307359379?hash=item215dc8c493%3Ag%3AZFEAAOSwnyNdERKC&LH_BIN=1

Interesting. It’s got neck tags from a 1999-00 jersey. Check mine (admittedly not a gamer, but it came with the NHL2000 patch in a little baggie from the factory and has the silver tail logo, soI’m confident it’s from that season).

1999-00 Eric Desjardins

1999-00 Eric Desjardins (Back)

Edited by jsh139

Nice Desjardins @jsh139 , My 97-99 Stars has the same neck tags too, and has the mini Stars logo and the CCM with orange shield.  Once the shield went to silver in 2000 that mini Stars logo shouldn't be there.

97-99 Nieuwendyk

42540749430_412aaf4748_k.jpg

99-00 Nieuwendyk

35405496790_0aa4b77ddb_z.jpg

So must be a factory error on the Hatcher I posted.

But, yeah, must be a goof from the factory. 

Edited by jsh139

After years of just having a straight price, I finally went OBO on my listings. I have to say, it's not worked. I know I've marked up my jerseys (in the 20 percent range) but I am not even getting auto-declined offers. 

3 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

After years of just having a straight price, I finally went OBO on my listings. I have to say, it's not worked. I know I've marked up my jerseys (in the 20 percent range) but I am not even getting auto-declined offers. 

IMHO, it used to work a lot better than it currently does. That said, the last two jerseys I sold on eBay both had Best Offer at some point. One I took that option away and it sold for full price. The other sold from an offer that was below my ask, but right where I needed it to be. 

I also had a $10 offer auto-declined on a $400 jersey, so those guys are still out there as well. 

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

IMHO, it used to work a lot better than it currently does. That said, the last two jerseys I sold on eBay both had Best Offer at some point. One I took that option away and it sold for full price. The other sold from an offer that was below my ask, but right where I needed it to be. 

I also had a $10 offer auto-declined on a $400 jersey, so those guys are still out there as well. 

I’ve had the idiot lowball offers, too. Yet even those have dried up. I know it’s the summer but I take this as further evidence that the market is turrible. 

58 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I’ve had the idiot lowball offers, too. Yet even those have dried up. I know it’s the summer but I take this as further evidence that the market is turrible. 

Agreed. But it kind of has been for a few years now. I saw a spike in activity when the Devils went back the the playoffs, but that ended quickly. 

I always start with the stupid lowball offers. Worst case scenario, it gets rejected and I move on up.

Best case scenario, I score a team-issued blank for less than $30. 

21 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I always start with the stupid lowball offers. Worst case scenario, it gets rejected and I move on up.

Best case scenario, I score a team-issued blank for less than $30. 

It can work, I’ve done it successfully. But not a $400 jersey for $10. But I’ve gotten a $200 jersey for $50, on two separate occasions. 

Nothing worse than being called “dude” by someone who wants to lowball you via private eBay message. It’s happened to me!

Edited by Dr_Puck

1 minute ago, Dr_Puck said:

Nothing worse than being called “dude” by someone who wants to lowball you via private eBay message. It’s happened to me!

It’s right there with “come on bro, I really want it for $X.”

Anyone here get this???

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113800720198

I was putting my baby to bed when this ended and I missed out.

If anyone here got this (or knows of who got this) please have them contact me

Last week...See a jersey I'm interested in, "Who starts an auction at 4 in the morning?!?!

This week...After increasing my bid amount before going to bed only to wake up with an outbid notice, Who the F*** snipes a jersey at 4 in the morning!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Size-50-Mens-Hockey-Jersey-Dairy-Queen-sponsor-/163776711181?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

If anyone here got this - I did a little research.  Turned out this jersey that was unknown to the seller is actually a 1993/94 Game Used Wheeling Thunderbirds worn by NHL player Scott Ferguson.  He only played 5 games for them, but it was pretty cool.  It wasn't something that I needed, just thought the design was awesome and would have been cool to own.

It's uncanny how you and I have the same taste. 

I was watching this one but after making a few other purchases I bailed on it as I am trying to cool it a little.