eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Move over ultrafil, this is the new standard of heavy duty material... although it might not wick the sweat and might take on a little water.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153742851853?ul_noapp=true

Looks itchy 😂

Edited by jsh139

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Move over ultrafil, this is the new standard of heavy duty material... although it might not wick the sweat and might take on a little water.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153742851853?ul_noapp=true

Grandma has some badass embroidery skills. 

Im sure I probably complained about this before, but has anyone else been getting messages from "buyers" on ebay asking "will you accept $x" instead of them making an offer using the "Best Offer" option? Obviously they are (a) lowballing and (b) window shopping, so they probably do not want to get "locked in" to an offer (if I were to accept). But I don't understand messaging a seller instead of just submitting an offer. 

I get these from time to time. But I don’t have best offer turned on on my listings, so it makes sense.  I usually sell things this way as we usually will agree on a price. Then, I send them an offer through eBay. 

Edited by jsh139

Depends on the content of the message. If they ask an actual price, then I will respond, sometimes by sending an offer. If it’s too lowball, I just say no thanks. 

If it’s the ridiculous “what’s the lowest possible amount you will accept”, I usually respond “what’s the highest possible amount you will pay”. I actually sold a jersey that way, when the guy responded with what was actually a reasonable offer. 

So you never know. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If it’s the ridiculous “what’s the lowest possible amount you will accept”, I usually respond “what’s the highest possible amount you will pay”. I actually sold a jersey that way, when the guy responded with what was actually a reasonable offer. 

So you never know. 

I’ve been waiting to try this. I usually just say, “The price is $x.xx. If that is not the amount that you’re willing to pay, then make me an offer and I will think it over and get back to you.”

On 11/8/2019 at 1:20 PM, Hockey Bob said:

Ok, 
$865 for a Rangers TBTC size 52 that has flaws is ridiculous but whats even more crazy is that someone bought it! 

There's hope for my old junk yet 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-92-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-TBTC-CCM-PRO-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-/223741182729?hash=item3418038309%3Ag%3ArhYAAOSwFMRdqSUb&nma=true&si=pO%2BjkSBwEmErAoP0c2P8KyIiUFU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 

a 91-92 Leetch  NYR TBTC was on ebay this morning, properly customized and was gone in a flash...

33 minutes ago, enzo269 said:

a 91-92 Leetch  NYR TBTC was on ebay this morning, properly customized and was gone in a flash...

Seller's a member here.

Is it just me or has there been a bunch of these Rangers TBTC's popping up recently?  It was like we went from not seeing one for what seemed like years to seeing 5 pop up within the last month or two.

I'm guessing one hit the market, sold for a crazy amount, and people saw what it went for and said to themselves "Yup, I'm good moving mine for that price".

At $1000 per jersey I'm really struggling with hanging on to my stuff

These sure jumped up fast.

Along the same lines, I have about 4 or 5 of the Vintage series jerseys from the 2003-04 season and was gonna try and find the rest of them to have the set but even those are going for crazy $

Is this just a flash in the pan or is this the new norm?

12 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Seller's a member here.

Is it just me or has there been a bunch of these Rangers TBTC's popping up recently?  It was like we went from not seeing one for what seemed like years to seeing 5 pop up within the last month or two.

I'm guessing one hit the market, sold for a crazy amount, and people saw what it went for and said to themselves "Yup, I'm good moving mine for that price".

yeah,, I have seen 4 over the last couple of months... 2 that were customized With Graves and Leetch and I also saw two blanks with one that was stripped with glue residue on it... They all sold very quickly though... Once made available, they are never around very long...

I wonder where the peeps that bought the TBTC blanks will get them properly customized now that Keener isn't doing customizations for the public any longer,, at least until Spring 2020.

29 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

At $1000 per jersey I'm really struggling with hanging on to my stuff

These sure jumped up fast.

Along the same lines, I have about 4 or 5 of the Vintage series jerseys from the 2003-04 season and was gonna try and find the rest of them to have the set but even those are going for crazy $

Is this just a flash in the pan or is this the new norm?

That last question is a real stumper.  It seems like mint vintage stuff (pre-95, say) is moving REALLY well right now.  Maybe there's just renewed interest due to the newer jersey market being so poor.  Edge resale is a total dumpster fire, and it seems like people are skeptical of MiC Adidas, even without a retail option.

I've been waffling on selling my Rangers TBTC, and the crazy prices lately haven't helped me there.  If I sell, the odds of finding a reasonable replacement are virtually nil.

27 minutes ago, enzo269 said:

I wonder where the peeps that bought the TBTC blanks will get them properly customized now that Keener isn't doing customizations for the public any longer,, at least until Spring 2020.

Even if Keener doesn't open back up for fan jerseys, I'm not too worried about it.  There are other options.

On 12/1/2019 at 7:44 PM, mfitz804 said:

Depends on the content of the message. If they ask an actual price, then I will respond, sometimes by sending an offer. If it’s too lowball, I just say no thanks. 

So you never know. 

On 12/1/2019 at 7:49 PM, jsh139 said:

I’ve been waiting to try this. I usually just say, “The price is $x.xx. If that is not the amount that you’re willing to pay, then make me an offer and I will think it over and get back to you.”

I've been going to the "what's the most you'll pay" and usually I don't receive an answer back. 

Unfortunately there are a bunch of people that are only upset about the price because they want to flip it and make some $

I'm glad to be in a position where I am buying and not selling for now - so if I do ever sell anything it's to a fellow collector who posts in the Wanted thread and even then I've had conversations where we were too far apart so we shook hands and went our seperate ways.

I've had a few experiences with people on here that bought from me and 2 days after it's delivered I see it on eBay asking double. Those people don't typically hang around here long
Really takes the fun out of collecting but 90% of the people I've dealt with on here have positive outcomes

15 minutes ago, kkash48 said:

Bob - you are one of the good guys 👍.  

Thanks Ken, right back at ya!
You are one of the newer collectors that has learned the ropes quickly and always been great to deal with.

Now,...
Everybody lower their prices, I need something new and I don't want to pay the going rate :D

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

Blackhawks MIC Adidas.  Hurry.

Blackhawks MiC

The fight strap also appears to be sewn in the same way as the team issue ones. 

Something is fishy about these MIC Hawks listings 
The same pics were used for multiple listings. 

I contacted eBay about it and they said they protect the buyer. If something isn't legit about them you as a buyer are covered. 

This guy started out with 2 and it keeps jumping up - claims the seller is out of Nebraska
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Authentic-NHL-Blackhawks-Jersey-Made-In-Canada-/254446568282?oid=401988896647

This one with the same pics is out of Chicago 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-NFL-Chicago-Blackhawks-Jersey-Made-In-Canada/401988896647?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I jumped at the listing out of Chicago and then got a second one which I may not need. 
Hoping they are legit. 
Should have them this week and let you know  

I agree something isn't right. Description says "not sold in stores", yet the jersey has retail tags? Could be a legit jersey (as the photos indicate it is) and the seller attached the tags or the seller with zero feedback could be sending something different. 

Edited by Van67

4 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Something is fishy about these MIC Hawks listings 
The same pics were used for multiple listings. 

I contacted eBay about it and they said they protect the buyer. If something isn't legit about them you as a buyer are covered. 

Isn’t this exactly how everyone felt about jersey baron when the 2.0 era first started?Maybe the tide has finally turned. Who knows?