eBay version 4.0

dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. Thanks for the lesson on embroidery, Nathan. I always thought it was a cheap, skimpy way to customize.I have removed nameplates with the basic zig zag from jerseys but never got brave enough to strip a whole jersey. It is really tedious.

Wow. Thanks for the lesson on embroidery, Nathan. I always thought it was a cheap, skimpy way to customize.I have removed nameplates with the basic zig zag from jerseys but never got brave enough to strip a whole jersey. It is really tedious.

It's not that it's cheap or skimpy, but it is normally done for high-volume orders because it's all automated once the anchor stitch is in place. Set the stitch, start the thing up, and the whole thing can be done in just a minute or two without needing to do anything else.

Personally I don't like it because it creates a raised perimeter and can pucker either the twill or the jersey, but it's definitely a heavy-duty job that's done.

Those are usually fairly easy to replace. Especially when it's a single layer number like this. There shouldn't be TOO much adhesive holding it all down and what's there can be covered by the new numbers. I've done it many times with lots of success.

I've sometimes wondered if rare is an acronym I'm unaware of. Dude literally puts "rare" on all his items. Even a Rodgers packers jersey. Who even searches that word? I'm too lazy, but if a dude like flyguy who actually puts up obviously legitimate jerseys at reasonable prices can have eBay issues, I'd hope someone like this guy gets shut down.

I have a Suter alternate (up for sale currently) and got it done at the official customizer Heritage Embroidery and Design. It also came back with the paper backing associated with embroidery and it came off fine with minimal effort.

I've sometimes wondered if rare is an acronym I'm unaware of. Dude literally puts "rare" on all his items. Even a Rodgers packers jersey. Who even searches that word? I'm too lazy, but if a dude like flyguy who actually puts up obviously legitimate jerseys at reasonable prices can have eBay issues, I'd hope someone like this guy gets shut down.

Amen brother. I still, to this day, wonder how me selling legitimate jerseys got me banned. I still cannot figure out what happened and why there are so many fakes that sell every single day. I will never know.

Amen brother. I still, to this day, wonder how me selling legitimate jerseys got me banned. I still cannot figure out what happened and why there are so many fakes that sell every single day. I will never know.

backstory? i'm curious due to stupidity.

backstory? i'm curious due to stupidity.

Ahhh, well I got suspended for 7 days and back in October of 2012 (actually on my birthday) from eBay for apparently selling fake jerseys. I even received a "threatening" email from the lawyers for the Adidas Group (the owners of Reebok). Well I wrote them back my own threatening letter of harassment and whatnot and they lifted my suspension within 48 hours. About 3-4 months later I get suspended again, same exact thing happens. The emails were definitely personalized and not some copy and paste gig. So I approached it the same way but this time I called eBay and really gave them a hard time about letting this happen. I was also a 1,000+ positive feedback power seller. A full year later, on my F(&^*** birthday again (and I can't make this up if I tried) they suspended me again. It was my 3rd suspension and ultimately suspended me completely from eBay from ever selling again. My PayPal also got suspended because eBay owns them. I tore the eBay customer service manager a new one, except she probably didn't care because she could barely speak English so I am sure she did not understand what I was saying. Its ridiculous that I got suspended 3 times in one year for selling authentic hockey jerseys. They were mostly all team issues too.

Also, thank you for making me think about that again and hate eBay even more hahaha

Ahhh, well I got suspended for 7 days and back in October of 2012 (actually on my birthday) from eBay for apparently selling fake jerseys. I even received a "threatening" email from the lawyers for the Adidas Group (the owners of Reebok). Well I wrote them back my own threatening letter of harassment and whatnot and they lifted my suspension within 48 hours. About 3-4 months later I get suspended again, same exact thing happens. The emails were definitely personalized and not some copy and paste gig. So I approached it the same way but this time I called eBay and really gave them a hard time about letting this happen. I was also a 1,000+ positive feedback power seller. A full year later, on my F(&^*** birthday again (and I can't make this up if I tried) they suspended me again. It was my 3rd suspension and ultimately suspended me completely from eBay from ever selling again. My PayPal also got suspended because eBay owns them. I tore the eBay customer service manager a new one, except she probably didn't care because she could barely speak English so I am sure she did not understand what I was saying. Its ridiculous that I got suspended 3 times in one year for selling authentic hockey jerseys. They were mostly all team issues too.

Also, thank you for making me think about that again and hate eBay even more hahaha

Ummmmm. Happy Birthday x2, Kurt!

What's your theory as to why this happened? I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else. and those who constantly sell fakes on eBay seem to never go away also. Why were you singled out?

What's your theory as to why this happened? I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else. and those who constantly sell fakes on eBay seem to never go away also. Why were you singled out?

When it happened the second time and I called the ebay rep said I was red flagged due to the first suspension so my account was always on watch. The person even admitted that they were unsure of what I was doing and it was the actual Adidas Group, who can override ebay when it comes to their licensed products, suspending me. Ebay was clueless as to why any of it happened and the one guy even looked at my pictures and said the jerseys were authentic. So if you get suspended x3 your automatically banned for life from selling. I have an account I use for buying now, but would never want to try and sell something.

Says a lot about the Adidas Group, huh?

Wow, that's messed up. Makes me hate ebay even more and I already despise ebay, but it also makes me dislike addias/reebok for being dicks about the whole thing with no explanation.

Wow, that's messed up. Makes me hate ebay even more and I already despise ebay, but it also makes me dislike addias/reebok for being dicks about the whole thing with no explanation.

Same man, zero explanation whatsoever. When I threatened Adidas' lawyers with harassment (just to get them off my back) they apologized and said they made a mistake and that my jerseys were indeed authentic (gee thanks). Then they made the same mistake two more times.

Doesn't make any sense.

Literally none at all. It came out of nowhere. It was actually an Ovechkin team issued home 1.0 that was yanked by them and made me get suspended. I thought maybe it was because he was such a well known player. I cannot remember what jersey it was the second time around but it was nothing like that. There was no correlation and it made no sense.

I was just browsing all of the blatant fakes wondering how they let people sell that s*** after apparently banning you.

That's what makes no sense, Kurt's stuff is all good stuff. Maybe it was your sheer volume that set them off? Did you have a lot listed at once?

That's what makes no sense, Kurt's stuff is all good stuff. Maybe it was your sheer volume that set them off? Did you have a lot listed at once?

I think if it was a quantity thing, JB would be shut down by now haha.

Does reporting listings do anything? I do it with fakes all the time and never see a listing removed. Sounds like you got really unfortunate in getting their attention.

I think if it was a quantity thing, JB would be shut down by now haha.

Yeah but he is obviously a retailer. Maybe Kurt just buys and sells so many they assumed he was up to something.

:)

Edited by mfitz804