eBay version 4.0

dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really excited I just won this, does anybody know what year it could of been made?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251838579097?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's so old, it predates Lou Lamoriello...maybe.

My earliest Devils jersey was 1988 or so, and the replicas at that point were ultrafil material. I would guess its earlier than that, somewhere between 82-87.

Those will totally still sell. And they may cease to be a foul in upcoming days...

Those will totally still sell. And they may cease to be a foul in upcoming days...

That's why was wondering. I searched everywhere to see if he did get traded to Pittsburgh after all, but couldn't find anything.

That is the ONLY way I would want to add one of those to my Pens collection after already owning the original 1992 jersey.

Edited by thebiggoalie

That's why was wondering. I searched everywhere to see if he did get traded to Pittsburgh after all, but couldn't find anything.

That is the ONLY way I would want to add one of those to my Pens collection after already owning the original 1992 jersey.

People will just think it's a vintage style Jagr, 99% won't care that it's an EDGE and that he never wore it.

The other 1% are members of this board.

Is that customization accurate?

Also, I thought Montreal was his rumoured destination? Doesn't he want to play with Plekanec?

Seems like a new rumor every day. My Jagr Devils jersey is coming from EPS tomorrow do it looks like I'll wear it once before he's gone at least. Mine is also a foul, actually, because I was feeling anti-EDGE and did it on a Reebok 6100. Flog me immediately.

It's not sewn on, I think he just placed the #'s there to mess with us. :D
You can see the name plate is folded and the numbers are raised

were ccm replicas just made carelessly in the late 80s?
I feel like I could of pressed this crest better in the dark

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Jersey-Devils-Hockey-Jersey-Size-Mens-Large-CCM-VINTAGE-RARE-RED-GREEN-/391061006133?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item5b0d0d6735

were ccm replicas just made carelessly in the late 80s?

I feel like I could of pressed this crest better in the dark

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Jersey-Devils-Hockey-Jersey-Size-Mens-Large-CCM-VINTAGE-RARE-RED-GREEN-/391061006133?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item5b0d0d6735

That one is especially bad but this was a common issue back in the early days. Often they would put the crest on so the "N" part of the logo was "straight", instead of the horns being at the top and the logo being angled.

I have even seen pictures of at least one game worn jersey that had a crest that was incorrectly tilted. I tried to google for it but was unable to locate it.

It's not sewn on, I think he just placed the #'s there to mess with us. :D

You can see the name plate is folded and the numbers are raised

Actually pretty much every "customized" jersey that JB offers is just the numbers laying on top of the jersey. He doesn't sew them on until someone actually orders that jersey.

He's had weird stuff like a Marty St. Louis Rangers Winter Classic jersey too... he just makes whatever people will buy.

People will just think it's a vintage style Jagr, 99% won't care that it's an EDGE and that he never wore it.

The other 1% are members of this board.

Seems like a new rumor every day. My Jagr Devils jersey is coming from EPS tomorrow do it looks like I'll wear it once before he's gone at least. Mine is also a foul, actually, because I was feeling anti-EDGE and did it on a Reebok 6100. Flog me immediately.

It's so true haha

Also a lot of those jerseys are semi "homemade" jerseys. They used to sell a ton of those shells and people would buy the crest separately and have either themselves or a seamstress sew them on. Many ended up looking like that.

About 2-3 seasons ago at the Prudential Center the Devils were selling un-crested white retro early 90's Devils replica ultrafil jerseys (a majority of them were mediums) that they had sitting in their storage for years for about $30 a pop. Well lo and behold within a month you saw a ton of medium white early 90's retro Devils replica ultrafil jerseys on ebay with those embroidered crests sewn on in all different directions all over eBay.

That one is especially bad but this was a common issue back in the early days. Often they would put the crest on so the "N" part of the logo was "straight", instead of the horns being at the top and the logo being angled.

I have even seen pictures of at least one game worn jersey that had a crest that was incorrectly tilted. I tried to google for it but was unable to locate it.

This jersey was at $300 (due to shill bidding I think), and then that bid was cancelled by eBay I assume right before the auction ended, so someone got a great deal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Blackhawks-Rbk-1-0-Jonathan-Toews-Blackhawks-SZ-50-/161601663693?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a035b2cd

He was, and that's his, or possibly one of the other two Devils fans that exist. :P

Yeah, it was mine. I found some and bought too many. Occupational hazard.

That one sold REALLY fast, me thinks I should have priced it higher.

Still looking for Ultrafils and vintage colors, though...