eBay version 4.0

dsl135

I understand, but in this case the guy gave me tracking info that he then cancelled already. I have to assume the worst at this point.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANAHEIM-MIGHTY-DUCKS-WILD-WING-PAUL-KARIYA-CCM-MASKA-JERSEY-XXL/141625592970?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29159%26meid%3Df29d0b8d3e5c4cc7a03e5ac44b7069c8%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D321718090180

Whats the story on this? To me it looks fake but unlike the recent chinese imported WW jerseys. This is the seller who makes those fake all stars from all different years. If this is fake it's scary because the front looks sublimated instead of the doofy bubbly patch.

Well, I guess sometimes stories have a happy ending.

The jersey arrived today in a box that was way too small. Looking at the tracking number, it is the same as the "invalid" one he last sent me, but not surprisingly, there was a missing digit.

I surgically excised the shipping label out of curiosity, to see if there were the other two he allegedly printed beneath it. There were not, but the package had so much tape on it its impossible to say whether he removed them before affixing this one.

Now for the good part.

7F370C96-6BC8-4A05-BB87-0227B0A647FA_zps

F609C51E-5B95-4D5C-B281-A342990ECAB7_zps

The bad: it shows more wear/staining than I expected being that its not a game word (or at least it wasn't advertised as such, I suspect SOMEONE played in it). Nothing to get in a twist over though.

The good: Advertised as a 54, I generally prefer a 56 because I am a big guy and I like them loose. There is no size tag, but this jersey measures 29.5" across the chest from pit to pit. So its actually larger than anticipated which in this instance is a good thing.

People talk about grail jerseys and the vintage Devils Ultrafil has always been mine. I had a pair (home and road) when I was younger, which I recently sold because they hadn't fit in years.

Very excited to add one of these back into the collection.

Glad everything worked out.

And wow... that Wild Wing is definitely fake, but its incredibly well done. The reasons I can tell its fake are the purple stripe on the shoulders (it looks like mesh material) and the CCM size tag (the CCM logo is misshapen).

The WW just looks wrong. The size tag and CCM hem logo look off, and the texture of the material looks wrong as well. I'd say fake.

Hey! Awesome it all worked out for you

I'll add this also...I sent a message to the seller at 10:54 AM EST telling him the jersey arrived and I am prepared to make payment for it, but first he needs to send me an adjusted invoice with the $25 discount. I'll only pay him that way so eBay has on record that I'm paid in full.

Thus far, no response.

There's been some advice on dealing with unresponsive ebay sellers. What about dealing with an unresponsive team?

My issue: I ordered a customized jersey from a minor league team in early February, they shipped me the jersey sans shoulder numbers and now are dragging their feet on sending me back the fixed version. I keep calling and getting a pleasant person who insists they will call me in a day or two. Nothing.

Granted the team's in the playoffs and I've been calling about once every ten days. Should I tell them I'm frustrated? Complain?

How long has it been since you returned it?

While they should have skipped you to the front of the line, its altogether possible they are just handling it as if they are customizing a new order. If that's the case, its been 4-5 weeks. What was their original turnaround time?

How did you pay? If you truly feel like you are getting the run-around, maybe a thinly veiled threat that you will investigate making a claim with your payment source may get them moving in the right direction.

We've all done it. I've placed bids and actualls asked myself as I am doing it, "why are you doing this, its more than you want to pay?".

Sometimes I stop myself, other times I don't. Many times I'm in your position where someone outbids me and I am relieved.

eBay will be the death of someone on this board. Probably me.

Now we just have to wait and see if I kill you, or you kill you

Or if a jersey avalanche kills you

Lol

I used to collect guitars on eBay, at 4-10 times the prices I spend for jerseys. This is much safer and gets under my wife's skin a lot less. Storing 50-60 jerseys is a picnic next to 20 guitars in cases.

Stop subtly convincing me to buy more jerseys!!!!!!!

I was actually convincing myself!

My box for the EPS sale keeps growing, could be 7-8 in there by the end of the day if everything arrives in time.

<-- self confessed hockey jerseyaholic

Every time I try to get out, someone posts something at a good price and it sucks me right back in.

Twice in the last two weeks I've impulsively bid on lower-tier jerseys and twice, thankfully, I've been overbid and been kept from a mistake. Stepping away from the increase max bid button...

We've all done it. I've placed bids and actualls asked myself as I am doing it, "why are you doing this, its more than you want to pay?".

Sometimes I stop myself, other times I don't. Many times I'm in your position where someone outbids me and I am relieved.

eBay will be the death of someone on this board. Probably me.

Edited by Richter9377

To the person who outbid me on the John Grahame Providence Bruins jersey this morning, thank you and ... please post a picture if you're on the forum. That thing looked nasty.

Ha!

I'm not the bidder, but for those who'd like to see it -

1-vi.jpg[/url]

3-vi.jpg

"Jersey has Glue on the front P logo, Right and Left front arms and bottom back of the Jersey."

"Jersey has Glue on the front P logo, Right and Left front arms and bottom back of the Jersey."

I hate when I get glue on my P.

I would rock the s*** out of that Grahame jersey and hope that the odor offends everyone that sits near me.