eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Best part is when you make a deal, the seller ends it early, you post it as a new arrival here and in other places and the other bidders start whining.

#Satisfying

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't you still get charged final value fees if you end an item early with bids on it?  Basically they charge the fvf on the amount of the highest bid at the time of ending?  I thought they did this to combat people ending items early.

17 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Don't you still get charged final value fees if you end an item early with bids on it?  Basically they charge the fvf on the amount of the highest bid at the time of ending?  I thought they did this to combat people ending items early.

Yes, there is still a fee if you cancel an auction with existing bids. So you have to factor that in. 

31 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes, there is still a fee if you cancel an auction with existing bids. So you have to factor that in. 

If you complete the sale and end listing early at the current bidding price you would get charged final value fees. This sounds like something different where the seller cancelled all bids and ended the listing early to complete the transaction off ebay.  Bird in hand for the seller?

Edited by Committed

56 minutes ago, Committed said:

If you complete the sale and end listing early at the current bidding price you would get charged final value fees. This sounds like something different where the seller cancelled all bids and ended the listing early to complete the transaction off ebay.  Bird in hand for the seller?

There used to be a loophole where you could cancel the bids and leave the item active, and then when there were no more bidders, end it and avoid the fee. I am not sure if they have closed that door. 

32 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I hope the seller isn't hit with fees since I was able to get the jersey for about a 30 percent discount for my max price that I would have paid. Plus there was none of the stress of engaging in a bidding war. I don't recognize his name from any forums, so there's an element of uncertainty.

I doubt that I was bidding against one of you since it wasn't a Devils, Flyers or LaBarbera jersey. USPS tracking says it should arrive Thursday, we shall see!

As long as you paid through pay pal you are covered. If I am purchasing a high end item I ALWAYS use my credit card due the heightened fraud protection if you get scammed. 

59 minutes ago, Committed said:

As long as you paid through pay pal you are covered. If I am purchasing a high end item I ALWAYS use my credit card due the heightened fraud protection if you get scammed. 

Yup. I also use it for all major non-online purchases because if they don't deliver your furniture, appliances, etc., there's an added level of protection.

I got a $700 TV stand for free. First one was smashed to pieces, the second one was slightly damaged in shipping (the back side that faces the wall was scratched, couldn't see it when it was in place), and the merchant dragged their heels about sending a third replacement. Contested it with the credit card and got a full refund.

Merchant eventually provided a new stand, but refused to pick up the other two (yes, THREE TV stands in my living room). 

But, they decided I'd been through enough and they didn't re-charge me, and gave me a $200 store credit if I agreed to dispose of the other two on my own, which I did. 

Had I paid cash, I wouldn't have gotten the chargeback and I'm guessing the merchant would not have refunded me. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup. I also use it for all major non-online purchases because if they don't deliver your furniture, appliances, etc., there's an added level of protection.

Plus, with most cards, the (at least) 1% cash back doesn't hurt.

15 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Plus, with most cards, the (at least) 1% cash back doesn't hurt.

Yup, that too. I save my 1% to use towards vacations, since it's "found" money. 

5 hours ago, Legend in my spare time said:

Wow, that's tiny. 

No, that is NOT what she said. 

Well, not to your face, anyway. 

If you end an item early with active bids, regardless of the reason, you get charged a final value fee on the current price. No way around it.

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Do you ever get that weird feeling when you know you're about to be sniped? I bid on something that's ending soon that I really, really want at that price. I just don't think I'm going to get it. 

Heads up to anyone considering this listing for Hawks 2.0s on eBay - I messaged the seller requesting photos of the collars and of course they are Indos and not actual 2.0s. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/331989691811 

It's amazing that that is the only item for sale by that person, and yet he's too damned lazy to take pictures of his own item instead of using photos of a different model jersey.  It's terribly misleading, as he also says it's a 2.0 and made in Canada.  Good thing you bothered to ask for additional photos, as most people would just have assumed it really was a 2.0.

Oh yeah totally. The price had me suspicious, plus the photos are of a 46 and he is selling 52s... and somehow has 10. All my bullcrap indicators were going off. Pretty sure he knows better because I told him they are not the same and he should update his post, and all he replied with was "ok thanks". Doubt it gets updated ?

The link above isn't working for me, is the seller located in Hoffman? Just seeing if they were the same jerseys I've been eyeing lately haha 

I just heard back from the seller - said the pictures are wrong and is changing the listing.  I have a feeling he got busted and has been called out.  I am going to keep an eye on it to make sure he changes it.

I also emailed him and received the pics of the Indo jersey. BUMMER! He also stated that he received the jerseys from "The Baron". I would like to believe that he is just uninformed about the differences between the two but the whole copying this ebay post has me sketched out.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-AUTHENTIC-AWAY-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-7287-HOCKEY-JERSEY-/262647102413?hash=item3d26fcbbcd:g:wPMAAOSwIgNXuknz