dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, furiousd said:

That's insane. They had those for weeks at release for far less.  I almost bought one, but they wouldn't do off eBay, which they had done multiple times for me in the past.

Really??? Wow. I wonder why no off-ebay. 

I've dealt with them that way many times. 

54 minutes ago, Committed said:

Trying to cut carbs but I was able to snag a Panarin for pretty cheap. 

Sweet.

14 minutes ago, furiousd said:

No kidding?  Wow. 

With authenticsports19, part of it may be that Mitch, who seemed to be the one reaching out to the collectors, doesn't work there any more. 

I got a warning as well for selling a jersey to another IJ member off eNay. Anyone try to get sneaky and use code to communicate your email? :) 

"John dot Doe at Gee male dot com"

I am sure Authenticsports19 is just playing it safe to avoid loosing seller privileges. Communication has been less than stellar but usually get back to me within a week.  

4 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

How would eBay even find out? Is eBay reading people's messages? WTF.

Yes they have people watching or maybe a computer program know that senses phone numbers or email addresses 

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

How would eBay even find out? Is eBay reading people's messages? WTF.

eBay's terms of service are quite clear, they do read your messages and monitor them for fraud/abuse/violations. 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html

I don't think you can really be upset that they watch the messages sent through their site to make sure you aren't defrauding them out of their fees. Always makes me laugh when people get annoyed by eBay fees, like they aren't a business and they aren't supposed to charge you for their services. 

Yeah they probably have some sort of algorithm running that looks for key words like gmail or .com or .net, etc.  I have seen the rise of eBay clamping down on this in the last 3-4 months.

At least one layer of it is automatic.  If you try putting an email address in a message, it won't let you send it.  I think once it even flagged my wording suggesting an off-ebay deal. 

I don't blame them.  The fees and policy are up front, and they're giving you visibility you're not gonna get on craigslist.

I've gotten a couple warnings from feebay.  Now, if someone asks for an off eBay deal I just put my number and ask them to text me.  No more warnings since.

If its someone who is buying from me for the first time, I refuse to do an off eBay deal. I just find it wrong.

Now, if its someone I know...

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Hollywood Cannon said:

eBay has been cracking down lately on that stuff. I got a week suspension a couple weeks back. 

Same here...got a week ban. But I still got mine. Bought a jersey vIA a friend. The Dude 1...Ebay 0. 

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 2:15 PM, TMLFAN said:

I've gotten a couple warnings from feebay.  Now, if someone asks for an off eBay deal I just put my number and ask them to text me.  No more warnings since.

I screenshot my email address and send it as a photo attachment. 

giphy-3_zps5ytult3a.gif

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 1:31 PM, furiousd said:

At least one layer of it is automatic.  If you try putting an email address in a message, it won't let you send it.  I think once it even flagged my wording suggesting an off-ebay deal. 

I don't blame them.  The fees and policy are up front, and they're giving you visibility you're not gonna get on craigslist.

True, but their fees are rediculous. If it were 5% or so, I wouldn't mind. But when I get a bill for sometumes $200 a month, I get pissed. 

I always try to sell off ebay. Scr*w those guys man...they're greedy. And besides...it's a web page. They don't do nuffin but sit there and collect cash...let the software do the work. 

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

1 hour ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

True, but their fees are rediculous. If it were 5% or so, I wouldn't mind. But when I get a bill for sometumes $200 a month, I get pissed. 

I always try to sell off ebay. Scr*w those guys man...they're greedy. And besides...it's a web page. They don't do nuffin but sit there and collect cash...let the software do the work. 

Their fees are NOT ridiculous, because 1) an auction house or consignment arrangement fee is usually 20%, and 2) your item gets exposed to MILLIONS of potential buyers. 

The concept that they are "greedy" makes no sense, as they are a business that's there to make money. Its there for THEM to make money, not for you to make money without paying them. Arguably, those who sell "off eBay" through eBay, which is at least a violation of their policy and at most is fraud, are actually the greedy ones.

Still love you guys, though. ?

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Their fees are NOT ridiculous, because 1) an auction house or consignment arrangement fee is usually 20%, and 2) your item gets exposed to MILLIONS of potential buyers. 

The concept that they are "greedy" makes no sense, as they are a business that's there to make money. Its there for THEM to make money, not for you to make money without paying them. Arguably, those who sell "off eBay" through eBay, which is at least a violation of their policy and at most is fraud, are actually the greedy ones.

Still love you guys, though. ?

Love you too man.

Need your advice ladies and gents

sold a pro stock helmet on eBay. Large Reebok 11k with VN foam instead of the standard liner.  When I shipped it, I adjusted the size of the helmet using the built in clips so it will fit into the box  

The buyer is now saying I shipped him a size small and has already sent a refund request via eBay with the stipulation that I sent him something wrong, which means I have to pay Return shipping  

I sent him a response letting him know what I did and how to adjust the size, including a video from Reebok on how to change the size. 

Assuming this guy is too stoopid to figure out how to adjust a helmet even with instructions...

im willing to do a refund, i just don't want to pay return shipping.

1. I know it's a large, I wore it and my head is 7-5/8", am I able to get eBay to not have me pay for Return shipping. 

2. If I have to pay for shipping, Any way I can prevent this guy from shipping it overnight via FedEx international and getting charged $150 US plus duty and brokerage?

3. Anything else I can do to prevent getting screwed over?

any help would be appreciated. 

I'm not sure man. You may have to call ebay. Ebay doesn't give sellers any rights what so ever so you might have to plead your case to them.

Best of luck man. Sounds like a pain in the arse.