eBay version 4.0

dsl135

8 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

If it’s eBay don’t fight it and just let them return it.  If you refuse it and they file a claim eBay will side with them 100%.  Sucks but that’s what you have to deal with when there is no competition.

Yep. Going through the same thing right now. The fact your listing says 'no returns accepted' is meaningless which is complete BS, but it is what it is.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Yep. Going through the same thing right now. The fact your listing says 'no returns accepted' is meaningless which is complete BS, but it is what it is.

It’s true. I make my listings with “no returns accepted”, in hopes it will discourage people.   That language discouraged me if I see and item I’m not sure about, if it says no returns, I don’t buy it or if I do, I don’t try to return it.

Unless, of course, it’s defective, in which case I think you are within your rights to request a return regardless of what the seller had listed. 

Guest Dr_Puck

Based on everyone's feedback, I accepted the return. There was an option for buyer pays shipping, which I clicked. The problem: I am out the original shipping to get it to the buyer and it's off the market for a month. 

53 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Based on everyone's feedback, I accepted the return. There was an option for buyer pays shipping, which I clicked. The problem: I am out the original shipping to get it to the buyer and it's off the market for a month. 

That's the problem, and unfortunately, there is no answer. You just take the hit and move on. Cost of doing business. Sucks but it is what it is.

Who cares about the feedback? Unless you're continuously picking up negatives to the point where they boot you, what does it mean? I've had several people in the last few years complain about trivial crap. I tell them to shove it. One guy whined about a Yankees 1995 Jeter jersey and said that the Yankees logo and jocktag weren't lined up with the pinstripes so it must have been a fake. I told him to eff off and to take up your complaint with Russell Athletic.

28 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Who cares about the feedback? Unless you're continuously picking up negatives to the point where they boot you, what does it mean? I've had several people in the last few years complain about trivial crap. I tell them to shove it. One guy whined about a Yankees 1995 Jeter jersey and said that the Yankees logo and jocktag weren't lined up with the pinstripes so it must have been a fake. I told him to eff off and to take up your complaint with Russell Athletic.

If your buyer pressed it, eBay would have made you accept a return. I think that was the point. 

Otherwise you’re right, I’ve never not purchased an item I wanted based on the seller’s feedback, 99.99% of people have zero or one negative. People who rip people off, in my experience, will just shut that account and start another. So feedback is nearly an irrelevancy. 

I emphasize that I gladly accept returns because you have no choice in the matter anyway. 

In the end, just remember that this group is for making friends, and eBay is for making money. If you treat it the other way around, you’d really be f*****. 

Guest Dr_Puck

I was initially worried about the feedback but thanks to mfitz (who dutifully puts away the 'that's what she said' to help a friend with a question) and some others, I came to the conclusion that there's no use fighting it. Thanks everyone for the input here. 

How is a $1000 CDN a "unique bargain"?

39 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

How is a $1000 CDN a "unique bargain"?

According to the listing the Leafs are looking for a captain and the jersey purchaser might just become said captain. Pretty cheap buy-in to be an NHL captain. I'm considering it. 

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

10 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Thanks everyone for the input here. 

That IS what she said!!

Guest Dr_Puck

Not ebay but still related. Anyone have experience with DashApp for auctions? They store your credit card info, which is a concern. Just interested in seeing if bidding or joining has been an issue. One of the lower level minor league teams I follow has an auction on that site. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

?

If he wears that, then you have to go like this:

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-25%20at%2012.02.

Edited by jsh139

9 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

?

If he wears that, then you have to go like this:

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-25%20at%2012.02.

Pshhh, I go to work like that.