eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Thoughts on this bad-boy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Worn-Cam-Neely-1989-Jersey-Boston-Bruins-/181606166460

The Air-Knit raised an eyebrow at first, though it's passable since it's a small-block from 1988-1989. But the lettering would suggest that it was worn even earlier than that (with the older-style font on the number 8 and the slant on the nameplate). But if it's from earlier than the 1988 season, then it would likely have been a colorized small-block with a smaller front crest like this: http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1987_88_Cam_Neely_Bruins_Game_Worn_Jersey_1988_Stanley_Cup_Finals_Photo_Match_Video_Match-1915-53.html

That small block started in '87-88, also when that lettering was still in use...as Ross pointed out, the Neely you linked to is recycled from years prior. All the Bruins wearing new jerseys in '87 had the white small block.

The lack of more stick/puck wear is questionable considering the holes, but, and for no other reason than to play devil's advocate, I've taken pics of some jerseys with tons of game wear and it hardly showed up in the pics.

Neely did wear Air-Knit early on, and it's said he swore them off soon after getting into a fight, the jersey ripped and he got caught in the arm....maybe, just maybe, (wishful thinking) this is that jersey, and it saw limited use...then again, maybe, probably, not.

The customization and lack of CC hem logo is consistent for the start of the '87 season, though.

A photomatch would be grand!

Why include the plaque if the plaque basically says "this is a replica"

Just to clarify, those plaques came with pro jerseys...a big misconception is that an 'authentic' is a pro on-ice jersey, where a 'replica' is a semi-pro, but many folks (Mark from Classics comes to mind) still use the term 'replica' for anything that's not a gamer...eg a replica pro jersey, or a replica semi-pro jersey.

My pro Lemieux AS came with a similar plaque, and I've seen many over the years that all state replica on them, despite being pro jerseys -

1989ASLemieuxfrontwplaque-vi.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-70s-MINNESOTA-NORTH-STARS-durene-HOCKEY-JERSEY-T-SHIRT-small-WILD-/390990338160?pt=Vintage_Unisex_T_Shirts&hash=item5b08d71870

What the hell? Just put it on an attractive girl and everyone wants it? It's even got a big stain on the back! Haha, sex sells I guess.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-70s-MINNESOTA-NORTH-STARS-durene-HOCKEY-JERSEY-T-SHIRT-small-WILD-/390990338160?pt=Vintage_Unisex_T_Shirts&hash=item5b08d71870

What the hell? Just put it on an attractive girl and everyone wants it? It's even got a big stain on the back! Haha, sex sells I guess.

They should put that Rivs jersey on her.

What is up with this one? (E.G. extra small CCM block logo on back mainly). Is this some sort of reissue?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAROMIR-JAGR-PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-AUTHENTIC-HOCKEY-JERSEY-RARE-CCM-PRO-size-52-/161515338129?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item259b107991

Edited by OR68

In the item description it says the jersey was issued to the Penguins "for 1992 alumni" (perhaps they meant an "alumni game") which never took place.

I don't think it's a reissue, because that combination of Maska ultrafil tag and the small size tag was only used in 1992/93 for that style jersey, so I believe it was made specifically during that season.

###### it!

I hate zero feedback bidders bidding on my stuff.

50/50 chance it never gets paid for. Especially when account was created a year ago.

Grrrr....

/rant.

Just be happy they didn't pay for your stuff, have you ship it across the border and refuse the shipment because of duty - then to get the package back having to pay duty charges BOTH ways and the shipping cost and have the fu¢ker do a credit card chargeback :)

Just be happy they didn't pay for your stuff, have you ship it across the border and refuse the shipment because of duty - then to get the package back having to pay duty charges BOTH ways and the shipping cost and have the fu¢ker do a credit card chargeback :)

Christ.

Did that really happen?

###### it!

I hate zero feedback bidders bidding on my stuff.

50/50 chance it never gets paid for. Especially when account was created a year ago.

Grrrr....

/rant.

Pretty sure there's a setting that doesn't allow those users to bid on your stuff. I remember seeing it when listing some jerseys from the eBay app.

Pretty sure there's a setting that doesn't allow those users to bid on your stuff. I remember seeing it when listing some jerseys from the eBay app.

Yup, you can pick a number and block bidders with feedback below it.

Christ.

Did that really happen?

Yup. I posted about it back in August. Moral of the story - never ship UPS or fedex across the border. Paypal stepped up and gave me $150 to help cover my losses. Still almost $200 out of my own pocket to get it back.

Not sure if you're just being sarcastic, but that IS an actual authentic, team-issued to boot. Although it's kinda funny that the seller calls it a 7187, the jersey has the correct 7287 tag, and the retail store sticks on a 7231 label over it!

Not sure if you're just being sarcastic, but that IS an actual authentic, team-issued to boot. Although it's kinda funny that the seller calls it a 7187, the jersey has the correct 7287 tag, and the retail store sticks on a 7231 label over it!

Yea, its definitely a legit authentic... not sure what you meant Dr_Puck.

Also, JB has had 2.0's in all sizes for a while, so you can definitely get them.

There's also another seller on eBay that has had the team issued green ones for a while. Not tons of them, but he has them. That's where I got mine a while ago, before JB even had them.

What is up with this one? (E.G. extra small CCM block logo on back mainly). Is this some sort of reissue?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAROMIR-JAGR-PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-AUTHENTIC-HOCKEY-JERSEY-RARE-CCM-PRO-size-52-/161515338129?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item259b107991

That's crazy, what is the story with the really small CCM logo in the back. Is that how they really made them for the 92-93 season for the Pens?

My bad, although I quoted that post, I wasn't actually referencing that seller. I have checked the NHL site and team site but can't find the Reebok EDGE jerseys. I am looking for one though.

So do you just not like eBay? There's a bunch on eBay that you could buy (possibly for even cheaper than retail at the rate those auctions are going).

What size do you need?

Neat. You don't see the 3 color name around much. Even on authentics.

I had a blank size 58 berlin once. Sold it to fund the Buekie white lib game i have.

Wish I kept the blank, but got a fair price for it at the time, plus I can't be mad upgrading to the Beukeboom game version. :)

Edited by Richter9377

Hey all - this is my first post, but I've been lurking a bit. Wondering about the authenticity of this Hawks jersey - anyone help me out?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171583978209?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's legit.

Team USA 2014 Sochi Olympics womens authentic size 54, lettered as a TJ Oshie. looks legit.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111528129361