eBay version 4.0

dsl135

15 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

As someone who loves their goalie cuts its tempting. I guess its a blessing he doesn't ship to Canada.

Yes, but how long has it been since the Oilers had a worthwhile goalie?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Yes, but how long has it been since the Oilers had a worthwhile goalie?

For sure. Just itching to grab a MIC goalie cut eventually. Still holding out hope Baron gets his Reebok stock in Adidas one day.

Some people are incredibly persistent. I have been following two blank jerseys on eBay, they were listed way overpriced and have been sitting there not selling. For FOUR YEARS. After four years, the guy just dropped his price by $75 per jersey, and they are still overpriced. 

I'm not interested in them, but they always come up in my searches, so I keep an eye on them because they are always there and its funny at this point. 

It's amazing how long people will wait for a sale to get "their price". More power to you, buddy. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Some people are incredibly persistent. I have been following two blank jerseys on eBay, they were listed way overpriced and have been sitting there not selling. For FOUR YEARS. After four years, the guy just dropped his price by $75 per jersey, and they are still overpriced. 

I'm not interested in them, but they always come up in my searches, so I keep an eye on them because they are always there and its funny at this point. 

It's amazing how long people will wait for a sale to get "their price". More power to you, buddy. 

Agreed. I don't understand how people can be so stubborn. I feel like there's a clear line between pricing something on the high-side of the market vs. completely overpricing something at an amount that garners little to no interest. At some point, wouldn't you consider the concept of the time-value of money? Like I would rather get x% of my asking price now rather than wait YEARS to get asking. Moreso if asking price is unreasonable you likely won't sell it at that price anyway.

rant over.

4 minutes ago, Zeshy25 said:

Agreed. I don't understand how people can be so stubborn. I feel like there's a clear line between pricing something on the high-side of the market vs. completely overpricing something at an amount that garners little to no interest. At some point, wouldn't you consider the concept of the time-value of money? Like I would rather get x% of my asking price now rather than wait YEARS to get asking. Moreso if asking price is unreasonable you likely won't sell it at that price anyway.

rant over.

I'm not even kidding, its been 4 years. And not on and off. Constantly. 

I remember first seeing them when I first joined this forum and was looking for Devils Ultrafil jerseys. And, on top of that, they are new with tags, so one would assume they aren't being worn. I have had some stuff in my collection that I thought gee, I would sell it for $XXX but if not I'll just keep it and enjoy it. But that's not what this guy is doing. 

Presumably, he's got to hit a button to re-list every so often, no? Or does he use the "Good 'Til Cancelled" feature, in which case, I believe it actually costs him money to keep re-listing. 

Ponderous. 

I am pretty sure I shared this story here before, but back in the days when I collected and flipped replica jerseys (when there was still money in doing that), I once bought a Devils red Starter replica jersey that was badly customized as Gilmour.  The font was way off and I believe the nameplate was even twill.  I bought it for $30 with the intention of keeping it, but due to the fact that the font looked even worse in person plus it came reeking of smoke I decided to sell it.

I was able to wash it enough to where the smoke smell was gone and sold it on eBay for $60 to a pretty well known flipper at the time.  He receives it and the next day has it up for $199.99 BIN or best offer.  He has it up for about a year and then lowers the price to $179.99 BIN or best offer.  Another year goes on and he lowers it again to $149.99 BIN or best offer.  Last time I saw it was about 2-2.5 years ago with it at $139.99 BIN or best offer before I stopped caring to look.

I think a lot of these are driven by sellers who have no problems hanging onto these things for a long time and hoping "the one" comes along who has zero experience or reference on how much these things cost and buys it at the price they want.  I mean even if it takes 2-3 years if they sell a jersey they paid $60 for at $130 then I guess it is sort of worth it and more power to them.  You also have some sellers out there who think the jersey they have should sell for a price and think that everyone around them is a cheapskate or trying to hustle them much like the Flyers green Jofa practice jersey guy.

Guest Dr_Puck

I am not very persistent as a seller. I'm willing to take a bit of a loss on the resale market to move an impulse purchase of my own. I believe FuriousD calls it a "rental fee" when you take a slight loss on a jersey you have had in your collection.

Edited by Dr_Puck

9 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I am not very persistent as a seller. I'm willing to take a bit of a loss on the resale market to move an impulse purchase of my own. I believe FuriousD calls it a "rental fee" when you take a slight loss on a jersey you have had in your collection.

Game worn are one thing, but if you are buying retail authentics, or even worse, buying blanks and having them customized, you are NEVER getting your money back unless someone listed that jersey for pennies on the dollar. Its hard enough to even get $125-150 for a customized authentic.

So I am always prepared to pay the rental fee. 

Guest Dr_Puck
13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Game worn are one thing, but if you are buying retail authentics, or even worse, buying blanks and having them customized, you are NEVER getting your money back unless someone listed that jersey for pennies on the dollar.

That's the sad reality, unfortunately, especially with Reeboks. I have taken really bad losses on some pretty decent customized Edge goalie jerseys. I won't touch an Adidas at all for that reason, just assume there's no way I'd get my money back. On the flip side of things, I have no problem paying $300 for a customized CCM authentic. For as many jerseys as I sell, the CCMs just won't ever leave my collection. 

4 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

That's the sad reality, unfortunately, especially with Reeboks. I have taken really bad losses on some pretty decent customized Edge goalie jerseys. I won't touch an Adidas at all for that reason, just assume there's no way I'd get my money back. On the flip side of things, I have no problem paying $300 for a customized CCM authentic. For as many jerseys as I sell, the CCMs just won't ever leave my collection. 

Maybe for goalie jerseys you can get that for a CCM, since they are less available. But I have sold many a CCM (and failed to sell many a CCM) for far less. 

I did buy one Adidas, and I know its mine forever because I doubt I could get back half of what I paid. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm not even kidding, its been 4 years. And not on and off. Constantly. 

I remember first seeing them when I first joined this forum and was looking for Devils Ultrafil jerseys. And, on top of that, they are new with tags, so one would assume they aren't being worn. I have had some stuff in my collection that I thought gee, I would sell it for $XXX but if not I'll just keep it and enjoy it. But that's not what this guy is doing. 

Presumably, he's got to hit a button to re-list every so often, no? Or does he use the "Good 'Til Cancelled" feature, in which case, I believe it actually costs him money to keep re-listing. 

Ponderous. 

Yeah, there's a fee for auto-relisting.

There's a seller who's got a bunch of jerseys that pop up when searching for CCM game worn jerseys, and he never moves his price. He's got one 03-04 CCM Canucks for a guy who had 18GP 1G 2A that year and hasn't moved an inch on the price. He wants $250 for it and that has been listed that way for at least a year now. That's the kind of jersey that MeiGray would be putting in one of their $99 eBay auctions if they still had it in their possession. At what point is he going to get the message that no one is going to buy it at that price?

22 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I thought Jason was a goalie? Isn't that why he wore the mask? 

Well played. Should be a goalie cut. 

38 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

And in fairness, he doesn't say it was used in a River Rats game. Just some dude playing on a pond who likes horror movies, perhaps?

Could be worth a strip for someone. I am trying to make sure that someone isn't me as I am not into doing that at the moment. 

Not sure what's up with this overpriced mess, but I'm more surprised that a CAN 2.0 was sold at retail on Michigan Ave. didn't know they were available there.

wrong jersey and patch matchup, but the kicker...

"...stiched by the Hawks jersey stitcher..."

Lids?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Jonathan-Toews-Chicago-Blackhawks-Jersey-100-Authentic-Edge-2-0/332470715620?hash=item4d68cc84e4:g:mG8AAOSwRxFaIwDH

25 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Not sure what's up with this overpriced mess, but I'm more surprised that a CAN 2.0 was sold at retail on Michigan Ave. didn't know they were available there.

wrong jersey and patch matchup, but the kicker...

"...stiched by the Hawks jersey stitcher..."

Lids?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Jonathan-Toews-Chicago-Blackhawks-Jersey-100-Authentic-Edge-2-0/332470715620?hash=item4d68cc84e4:g:mG8AAOSwRxFaIwDH

I can verify that the Hawks store carried Canadian-made 2.0s. I saw several there years ago when they were using the 2008 Winter Classic style as their 3rd for a few seasons. 

Those pictures are mostly of a 1.0.  The picture of the shoulder patches is not of a 1.0; it’s possibly an Indo 7231.  Something’s wrong here.

16 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Those pictures are mostly of a 1.0.  The picture of the shoulder patches is not of a 1.0; it’s possibly an Indo 7231.  Something’s wrong here.

Man, some of you guys have eagle eyes. I would never have seen that. 

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Can you elaborate on the shoulder patches?

The material under the patches is not x-trafil like in the other pictures of the 1.0.  It’s airknit, but it appears to have a “snakeskin”-like texture that is typical of the Indos and not the 2.0’s.  I could be wrong about the Indo thing because the pictures aren’t great, but for sure the shoulder material is not x-trafil.