dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Dr_Puck

Side note: What is with everybody and I mean everybody using high-powered detergent? From the experienced collectors through to the newbies on ebay, it seems like every purchase these days is shrouded in this vomit-inducing laundry smell. I know I am venting here but it's getting out of hand. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

The good: I just picked up a real nice minor league jersey today.  Quick shipping on a jersey that arrived today, low price, no hassle on the original purchase. The bad: A second package arrived from that same seller today and it contained an extra item (a purse). I messaged the seller to say I'll be happy to return the purse if he paypals me the shipping cost, let's see if this becomes a problem. 

I don’t see how that could be *your* problem. 

You paid for and received your item. You didn’t buy nor pay for the purse (I assume, does it match your shoes?). You have zero obligation to return the item if he doesn’t pay for said return. 

Guest Dr_Puck
1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t see how that could be *your* problem. 

You paid for and received your item. You didn’t buy nor pay for the purse (I assume, does it match your shoes?). You have zero obligation to return the item if he doesn’t pay for said return. 

He said he'll shoot me the money for shipping, so it's going back out later this week. I feel bad for the buyer of the purse given that this is going to significantly delay that item. Jersey looks nice though! 

I bought a jersey a few years ago, nothing special but what arrived was a nice 1989-90 or 1991-92 Green Whalers jersey which I would have much rather had. 

I contacted the seller and returned the jersey only to find it about a year later for less than he was asking the 1st time around. 

Good karma comes around some times 

Guest Dr_Puck

I was given the $14 refund to cover the shipping. Now I'll be sending out the purse from my PO (on a completely different side of the country than the seller's PO) to the intended buyer. Adding the seller's name/address for the return label.  And because this is a power seller I have to wait 7 days to leave neutral feedback. Ebay is hard. 

Out of curiosity, why would you leave neutral feedback?  I mean, aside from the purse situation, wasn't everything ok with your original purchase?

9 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I was given the $14 refund to cover the shipping. Now I'll be sending out the purse from my PO (on a completely different side of the country than the seller's PO) to the intended buyer. Adding the seller's name/address for the return label.  And because this is a power seller I have to wait 7 days to leave neutral feedback. Ebay is hard. 

6 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Out of curiosity, why would you leave neutral feedback?  I mean, aside from the purse situation, wasn't everything ok with your original purchase?

Yeah you received your item and are satisfied, that's not a situation where you should leave neutral feedback. Sh!t happens, the guy made an error (on a different transaction) and he made it right. There's no justification for leaving a neutral feedback there. 

Guest Dr_Puck
4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah you received your item and are satisfied, that's not a situation where you should leave neutral feedback. Sh!t happens, the guy made an error (on a different transaction) and he made it right. There's no justification for leaving a neutral feedback there. 

Fair enough. I’m salty that I have to take time to visit the PO because of this and it’s a pretty obvious error. But I see your point.

11 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Fair enough. I’m salty that I have to take time to visit the PO because of this and it’s a pretty obvious error. But I see your point.

Just print the postage at home and drop it in a mailbox. Done and done. 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Just print the postage at home and drop it in a mailbox. Done and done. 

Yup.  My life has gotten infinitely easier now that I've learned you can just put packages with prepaid labels in those big blue post office boxes.  There's one in my work's parking lot.  So easy!

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Yup.  My life has gotten infinitely easier now that I've learned you can just put packages with prepaid labels in those big blue post office boxes.  There's one in my work's parking lot.  So easy!

I haven't been to a post office in forever, and even when I did go, it was just dropping off something that didn't fit in the box. 

Most days, my carrier at work just picks up my stuff and I don't ever have to worry about it. 

2 hours ago, Van67 said:

Does anyone have any experience putting in offers with classicvintagejerseys on eBay? Do they go down much?

They don't move much on price at all which is surprising considering how much they have listed. 

You might have better luck contacting them through there website ... classicvintagejerseys.com

I even tried an off ebay deal and they still ask a lot, I hope you have better luck

lots of nice jerseys to be had.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/jakehono/m.html?item=332841144642&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Edited by HockeyMusic

35 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

Wow yes, if you are a size 52 you should probably go check that out. 

The guy with all these 52's is a good seller too.  I bought a number of rare Palffy jerseys off him a few years back.  I was watching last night as these were all coming up in listings but I couldn't make any work for me.  Well there is one that I sorta have an eye on, but I limited out on offers.  If you're thinking of making an offer the best he'll do is 200.

7 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

The guy with all these 52's is a good seller too.  I bought a number of rare Palffy jerseys off him a few years back.  I was watching last night as these were all coming up in listings but I couldn't make any work for me.  Well there is one that I sorta have an eye on, but I limited out on offers.  If you're thinking of making an offer the best he'll do is 200.

6 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Those are really nice.  A lot of them look to be customized incorrectly, though.  But he's got some beauties, indeed.

Hmm, $200 for a strip job is less good. I didn't click on any to check the quality of the customizing. The Brodeur is a full strip. With patience, you could get a blank and customize it correctly for what he's asking. 

Perhaps some of the others are rare enough to make them worth the effort?

I'm thinking the Nordiques and Jets might be worth it at 200 even if you gotta strip it.  That said I can't get excited enough to do it.

7 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Not for me.  I guess that means my collection has filled out pretty well, because Lord knows I love impulse buys.

You're definitely the only one here who does that. ;)