eBay version 4.0

dsl135

47 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Agreed.

even weirder is the fact you didn't respond with a TWSS comment after a near perfect set up.

😱

Truth. I havent slept lol.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

I listed my jersey under home and garden so a buyer could get 15% off again

Sneaky!  I just did the same thing for a buyer and it also worked!

17 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Anyone ever deal with navylax84 on eBay?

He purchased a jersey from me last year.  No issues.

What does everyone know about the market value of the Predators' Navy Alts? The reddit forum has a major hard on for these and apparently the value is insane. Scrolling through some eBay listings, one guy had a TI listed for $599.99 USD (approx. CAD of $816). 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nashville-Predators-Reebok-Edge-2-0-Authentic-Navy-Alternate-Jersey-52-NWT-/123527777193?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720

According to FlipperTools, he was able to move it at $588 USD (approx $800 CAD). Same guy has a Premier done up as Jason Arnott for #339.99 USD (approximately $462 CAD). Also found this blank listed at $375 USD (approx. $510 CAD). They'll obviously never sell at those prices, but according to the subreddit they aren't far off (imagine dropping that much on a Premier).

I have a 2.0 Goalie Cut done up as Pekka Rinne so I decided why the hell not and listed it for $1,000 CAD (about $736 USD). Obviously I don't expect to sell it for this much, but are these prices actually realistic? Seems crazy to me just for an authentic. But to not try to capitalize on this, would also be crazy.

2 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

What does everyone know about the market value of the Predators' Navy Alts? The reddit forum has a major hard on for these and apparently the value is insane. Scrolling through some eBay listings, one guy had a TI listed for $599.99 USD (approx. CAD of $816). 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nashville-Predators-Reebok-Edge-2-0-Authentic-Navy-Alternate-Jersey-52-NWT-/123527777193?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720

According to FlipperTools, he was able to move it at $588 USD (approx $800 CAD). Same guy has a Premier done up as Jason Arnott for #339.99 USD (approximately $462 CAD). Also found this blank listed at $375 USD (approx. $510 CAD). They'll obviously never sell at those prices, but according to the subreddit they aren't far off (imagine dropping that much on a Premier).

I have a 2.0 Goalie Cut done up as Pekka Rinne so I decided why the hell not and listed it for $1,000 CAD (about $736 USD). Obviously I don't expect to sell it for this much, but are these prices actually realistic? Seems crazy to me just for an authentic. But to not try to capitalize on this, would also be crazy.

That seller is the big dog on that subreddit. All the talk on that sub about how rare the Preds Alts are only helps his business in selling.....

38 minutes ago, KB67 said:

That seller is the big dog on that subreddit. All the talk on that sub about how rare the Preds Alts are only helps his business in selling.....

So its all completely overinflated? Or is there a legit market for them (i.e realistically can expect $500 CAD rather than the $800 CAD like prior auctions, I just don’t have a bunch of followers lol). 

21 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

So its all completely overinflated? Or is there a legit market for them (i.e realistically can expect $500 CAD rather than the $800 CAD like prior auctions, I just don’t have a bunch of followers lol). 

I don’t know about that, but they are pretty rare, and all the guys there seem to call it their “Grail”, so there is more of a perceived value to it I guess...

Makes sense. I just find it odd that that one out of all the vector era jerseys is the one that everyone is obsessed with. There are multiple thirds from that era that rarely pop up as well.

19 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Makes sense. I just find it odd that that one out of all the vector era jerseys is the one that everyone is obsessed with. There are multiple thirds from that era that rarely pop up as well.

I'd also argue that its not one that "everyone" is obsessed with, just a splinter cell of Predators fans who've come to start collecting thanks to their success. (This based on what goes on in the Preds FB groups, although its more GW related, but even random scrubs can fetch decent $ in the navy alt)

53 minutes ago, cjerina said:

I'd also argue that its not one that "everyone" is obsessed with, just a splinter cell of Predators fans who've come to start collecting thanks to their success. (This based on what goes on in the Preds FB groups, although its more GW related, but even random scrubs can fetch decent $ in the navy alt)

Yeah I agree. Like I said, there’s gotta be vector era alts that are equally as rare. 

Either way, sold mine for a decent amount so i’m not complaining. Sold it within like 4 hours of posting on the subreddit  

3 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Yeah I agree. Like I said, there’s gotta be vector era alts that are equally as rare. 

Either way, sold mine for a decent amount so i’m not complaining. Sold it within like 4 hours of posting on the subreddit  

Did you get what you were asking for?

11 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Did you get what you were asking for?

Not quite. I could have if I took two instalments from a guy that he would have paid the balance off come February. Took a bit less to guarantee payment now from someone else. I literally used the proceeds to fund the my Stadium Series Leafs MIC, so it's a wash either way for me. I'd much rather have the Stadium Series since I have no attachment to the Predators. Besides, I have the yellow GC Rinne as well, which I like more anyways.

I paid $100 for it back in 2011 or 2012 from MeiGray's clearance section back when the dollar was on par. Then paid like $50 for customizing. At the end of the day, my ROI is like 300%.

34 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

At the end of the day, my ROI is like 300%.

Love hearing a story with a happy ending. 
I always regret selling anything but for that much profit I'd feel much better 

4 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Love hearing a story with a happy ending. 
I always regret selling anything but for that much profit I'd feel much better 

My view exactly. Could have probably held on and got maybe $50 to $100 more. But when you're dealing with that kind of profit, just take it lol. Especially when you can grab something else that fits your collection better.

So little advice to anyone else, if you have a Preds navy third, sell it.

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Not quite. I could have if I took two instalments from a guy that he would have paid the balance off come February. Took a bit less to guarantee payment now from someone else. I literally used the proceeds to fund the my Stadium Series Leafs MIC, so it's a wash either way for me. I'd much rather have the Stadium Series since I have no attachment to the Predators. Besides, I have the yellow GC Rinne as well, which I like more anyways.

I paid $100 for it back in 2011 or 2012 from MeiGray's clearance section back when the dollar was on par. Then paid like $50 for customizing. At the end of the day, my ROI is like 300%.

That’s great!! Those MiC Stadium Series are amazing!!

I have two Canucks MiC Adidas that I have stripped that I need to get customized and sold ASAP before it becomes common knowledge that the Canucks are changing their jerseys next season....I don’t want to end up stuck with two jerseys I paid a pretty penny for....

Edited by KB67

3 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

My view exactly. Could have probably held on and got maybe $50 to $100 more. But when you're dealing with that kind of profit, just take it lol. Especially when you can grab something else that fits your collection better.

So little advice to anyone else, if you have a Preds navy third, sell it.

I bought a lightly used Premier Preds Alt off of  Craigslist here locally, paid $50 CDN for it.....gave the guy a good deal on it at $200 USD....made 5x the money on it.....ever since I’ve been scouring Craigslist for Preds Alts.

Edited by KB67

8 minutes ago, blurryhaze312 said:

I looked up these Preds alts because I wasn't familiar.  I don't understand the hubbub - especially for all these guys on Reddit calling it their "grail."  They are pretty bland if you ask me.

In all fairness, a lot of the guys on there find their “Grails” in a Thrift Shop....so take it with a grain of salt.....

2 hours ago, KB67 said:

I bought a lightly used Premier Preds Alt off of  Craigslist here locally, paid $50 CDN for it.....gave the guy a good deal on it at $200 USD....made 5x the money on it.....ever since I’ve been scouring Craigslist for Preds Alts.

Gonna have to start doing that on Kijiji. Maybe finance my 20+ blanks that need doing up if I can find enough. 

11 hours ago, blurryhaze312 said:

I don't understand the hubbub - especially for all these guys on Reddit calling it their "grail."  They are pretty bland if you ask me.

That subreddit uses the term ‘grail’ for premiers that can be found literally anywhere and everywhere online. Basically just something they wanted to buy and finally bought. Every time I see a post with ‘grail’ in the title I shake my head 

Guest Dr_Puck
1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

That subreddit uses the term ‘grail’ for premiers that can be found literally anywhere and everywhere online. Basically just something they wanted to buy and finally bought. Every time I see a post with ‘grail’ in the title I shake my head 

It's not just Reddit, "grail" also gets thrown around loosely here and on FB. For those highly sought after jerseys, I go with the DrPuck patented term "nail"-- near grail.