eBay version 4.0

dsl135

When you guys say subreddit, do you mean the hockeyjerseys one or a different specific one?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

When you guys say subreddit, do you mean the hockeyjerseys one or a different specific one?

Yes, it is r/hockeyjerseys 

28 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Yes, it is r/hockeyjerseys 

Thanks.

I only look at it maybe once or twice a month, but do people sell gamers on there?  I mostly see authentics and replicas on there and very rarely gamers.

43 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Thanks.

I only look at it maybe once or twice a month, but do people sell gamers on there?  I mostly see authentics and replicas on there and very rarely gamers.

Some do, but very rarely will any sell. From my experience, 90% of the people on there are young kids that get excited finding a replica jersey in a thrift store, then call it their grail. To each their own, and I don’t judge, but I’d just say it’s not the place where you’ll get true value for what you’re selling, especially if it’s a gamer. The only gamers that will sell are the Preds Alts, another guy just posted one this morning and it’s garnering a lot of attention so far.....I need to find me one of those for cheap so I can flip it there for some profit.

5 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Some do, but very rarely will any sell. From my experience, 90% of the people on there are young kids that get excited finding a replica jersey in a thrift store, then call it their grail. To each their own, and I don’t judge, but I’d just say it’s not the place where you’ll get true value for what you’re selling, especially if it’s a gamer. The only gamers that will sell are the Preds Alts, another guy just posted one this morning and it’s garnering a lot of attention so far.....I need to find me one of those for cheap so I can flip it there for some profit.

This. All respect for the people on there as we all start somewhere and collect at different levels etc but i wouldn’t say it is for hardcore collectors as such. But worth scouting out for sure.

Yea, I have the same view.  I jump on there just to see conversations that are happening every once in a while and see what's coming/going.  Hardly ever see anything truly rare.

If anything, I actually enjoy sharing the knowledge I've accumulated from this site there to help people out; I don't personally gain much by going there.  Kinda stinks honestly, because you'd hope that with the thousands of people that go there you might have a bigger chance of locating a hard to find jersey or patch.

1 minute ago, blurryhaze312 said:

Yea, I have the same view.  I jump on there just to see conversations that are happening every once in a while and see what's coming/going.  Hardly ever see anything truly rare.

If anything, I actually enjoy sharing the knowledge I've accumulated from this site there to help people out; I don't personally gain much by going there.  Kinda stinks honestly, because you'd hope that with the thousands of people that go there you might have a bigger chance of locating a hard to find jersey or patch.

Yes this. I was on there a few months ago, and listed a jersey, which to me was high end ( it was an Oilers MIC Adidas McDavid ) for a price that reflected what I paid for it, put into cleaning it up and stripping it, and then having it recustomized, and I was ridiculed by a few people on there for even thinking I should be asking what I was asking, and it turned into a bit of a shït show, and the head nerd in charge of the subreddit banned me, because it was one of his buddies that was being the bully. It really turned me off from the sub. I did end up creating a new user name and started a new account, but now I just pass knowledge on that I’ve picked up over the years and here, and if I have a really cool jersey, I’ll post it.... it that’s about it.

58 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Thanks and wonderful lol.  That's a resounding no if I should post some of my gamers for sale there.

Going back to the subject of the Preds alternates, has anyone seen what the market is for an Indo Edge Preds alt?  Or anyone have a good educated guess given the Premiers are going for 200?

I traded one a while back and the guy I traded it to was thinking of selling.  It's done up as a Rinne and tbh I think the Indo Edges are semi-decent items. 

I can't imagine Indo's would be crazy prices like an authentic. 
Maybe one day though. 

I'm kinda surprised these alts are the big deal, I thought the mustard's were their hot jersey. 

It is odd that these are all the rage, but might as well strike while the iron is hot and move em if they're earning top dollar these days.

Or hang onto it and hope the Preds win something with Rinne the next few years and who know maybe the value increases. 

Honestly I might even try to move it now. Even the premiers catch a decent penny. I imagine the indo’s would obviously get more. 

It's the only Indo I ever bought and I thought it was pretty nice, much nicer than a Premier.  I've already put it out there to my buddy that he should sell it.

33 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Big shocker, the guy with 13 of the 18 bids and 0 purchases didn't win it.... 

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/153324003568 

Yup that’s shill bidding in action.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup that’s shill bidding in action.

OT:  I see you took my advice and copyrighted your signature phrase.

Your welcome (TWSS).

6 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

OT:  I see you took my advice and copyrighted your signature phrase.

Your welcome (TWSS).

Nearly immediately, yes. 

25 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It's dirty as shiit, but for that price, , who cares!

Its a gamer jersey, as in a dude who is a gamer wore it to play in his driveway. 

• 3 weeks later...