eBay version 4.0

dsl135

19 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I swear the guy probably gets boners doing that.

He probably does. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the past year or so, I've given up on accepting offers on Fixed Price stuff. That doesn't mean people don't ask, but I find those that ask if I'd consider offers usually are offering a price within reason relative to the asking price. Likewise, the only message I got for "is this available" after a listing ended, I ended up working a deal off-ebay that was pretty close to the original amount considering fees.

29 minutes ago, cjerina said:

For the past year or so, I've given up on accepting offers on Fixed Price stuff. That doesn't mean people don't ask, but I find those that ask if I'd consider offers usually are offering a price within reason relative to the asking price. Likewise, the only message I got for "is this available" after a listing ended, I ended up working a deal off-ebay that was pretty close to the original amount considering fees.

People definitely don’t understand how “Best Offer” works; it doesn’t mean you pick your own price and I have to accept it. I do use that feature, and am successful with it often. I set a minimum offer so the lowball stuff gets auto rejected. There’s plenty of reasonable people out there. There are also those who will pay the full ask, which is usually higher than what I want to come away with. 

What I don’t get is the people who message you with an offer instead of making a Best Offer. I guess they are trying to feel me out without obligating themselves. But as a seller, I am not doing that. I always respond to say if they have an offer, submit it. 

They never do. 

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What I don’t get is the people who message you with an offer instead of making a Best Offer. I guess they are trying to feel me out without obligating themselves. But as a seller, I am not doing that. I always respond to say if they have an offer, submit it. 

They never do. 

I've done that several times as a buyer, and accommodated it as a seller.  I dislike the 24-hour timer on Best Offers, and I'll tell someone "if you submit it, I'll accept it."  It's worked out fine for me so far.

32 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I've done that several times as a buyer, and accommodated it as a seller.  I dislike the 24-hour timer on Best Offers, and I'll tell someone "if you submit it, I'll accept it."  It's worked out fine for me so far.

Well, if I ever had one that I would accept I guess I would have to consider that, but for me, its always people offering a very, very low amount. 

What’s the best way to make a deal off eBay?

ive tried using alternate characters for my email but I think people are too stupid to figure it out

èxämpłè

àt

gmãíl

dòt

çōm

i don’t think their filter catches the alt characters. 

2 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

What’s the best way to make a deal off eBay?

ive tried using alternate characters for my email but I think people are too stupid to figure it out

èxämpłè

àt

gmãíl

dòt

çōm

i don’t think their filter catches the alt characters. 

You could always message them a gif...

giphy.gif

I am a rare individual who won’t do it. Doing so is theft of services and I choose not to engage in that kind of behavior. 

If you want a deal “off eBay”, you have to find me “off eBay”. 

Use the note app on your phone or whatever and put your email in it, than take a screenshot and send the picture.  That has worked for me but ebay will send a warning to the seller if they pick up any conversation about exchanging email addresses.  I've been warned a few times so I've stopped doing it.

My favorite one lately is getting a low ball offer and a message pretty much saying "I can get current jerseys for X amount" like yes ill just accept your low ball offer.

3 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Gone. Bummer!

I queried the seller on size and it was a mixed bag answer. 48s run too small for me and with exchange rate and postage it was too much of a risk. Seller was going to measure and get back to me but it sold. Someone has done well.

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I bid today on a jersey from a pro team in Germany using the German ebay interface. Same website, same functionality, easy to convert Euros to Dollars even if my browser was slow to translate everything. However, after I became the high bidder I realized the team doesn't ship to the States. To avoid international shipping on my own sales, I simply exclude non-US places from my posts. But the team didn't do that, and I bid. Now I'm left to wonder if they'll cancel my bid or just hose me on international shipping.

[Edit: Outbid already, still tempted to push it though.] 

Assuming you win and they give you trouble, you could try using a parcel forwarding company.  But, that would probably cost more than the jersey itself.

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

I bid today on a jersey from a pro team in Germany using the German ebay interface. Same website, same functionality, easy to convert Euros to Dollars even if my browser was slow to translate everything. However, after I became the high bidder I realized the team doesn't ship to the States. To avoid international shipping on my own sales, I simply exclude non-US places from my posts. But the team didn't do that, and I bid. Now I'm left to wonder if they'll cancel my bid or just hose me on international shipping.

[Edit: Outbid already, still tempted to push it though.] 

Shipping from Germany to NA is actually very reasonable. A 1kg package is about €30 from Germany to Canada.  Not like the other way around. 

7 hours ago, jsh139 said:

No coupons on the horizon, I guess? 😔

I’m waiting on one as well...

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m waiting on one as well...

I pulled the trigger last night, which means today a new coupon will come out.

10 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Spudrock is typically the guy who snags TBTC's for total steals :D

Man that was the deal of the year so far  

Not me, but if I would have saw it, I would have bought it. I am pretty sure the one I have is a size 48, so I would have loved to have upgraded to a 52.  But yes, that is a huge steal!

12 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Spudrock is typically the guy who snags TBTC's for total steals :D

Man that was the deal of the year so far  

I'd say.....my fingers weren't fast enough on my phone