• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

After years of just having a straight price, I finally went OBO on my listings. I have to say, it's not worked. I know I've marked up my jerseys (in the 20 percent range) but I am not even getting auto-declined offers. 

IMHO, it used to work a lot better than it currently does. That said, the last two jerseys I sold on eBay both had Best Offer at some point. One I took that option away and it sold for full price. The other sold from an offer that was below my ask, but right where I needed it to be. 

I also had a $10 offer auto-declined on a $400 jersey, so those guys are still out there as well. 

58 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I’ve had the idiot lowball offers, too. Yet even those have dried up. I know it’s the summer but I take this as further evidence that the market is turrible. 

Agreed. But it kind of has been for a few years now. I saw a spike in activity when the Devils went back the the playoffs, but that ended quickly. 

I always start with the stupid lowball offers. Worst case scenario, it gets rejected and I move on up.

Best case scenario, I score a team-issued blank for less than $30. 

21 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I always start with the stupid lowball offers. Worst case scenario, it gets rejected and I move on up.

Best case scenario, I score a team-issued blank for less than $30. 

It can work, I’ve done it successfully. But not a $400 jersey for $10. But I’ve gotten a $200 jersey for $50, on two separate occasions. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Puck said:

Nothing worse than being called “dude” by someone who wants to lowball you via private eBay message. It’s happened to me!

It’s right there with “come on bro, I really want it for $X.”

Anyone here get this???

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113800720198

I was putting my baby to bed when this ended and I missed out.

If anyone here got this (or knows of who got this) please have them contact me

Last week...See a jersey I'm interested in, "Who starts an auction at 4 in the morning?!?!

This week...After increasing my bid amount before going to bed only to wake up with an outbid notice, Who the F*** snipes a jersey at 4 in the morning!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Size-50-Mens-Hockey-Jersey-Dairy-Queen-sponsor-/163776711181?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

If anyone here got this - I did a little research.  Turned out this jersey that was unknown to the seller is actually a 1993/94 Game Used Wheeling Thunderbirds worn by NHL player Scott Ferguson.  He only played 5 games for them, but it was pretty cool.  It wasn't something that I needed, just thought the design was awesome and would have been cool to own.

It's uncanny how you and I have the same taste. 

I was watching this one but after making a few other purchases I bailed on it as I am trying to cool it a little.  

Need help on figuring out what is going on here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-CCM-Hartford-Whalers-Jersey-Dave-Babych/293153704480?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

So, from what I can tell is that when the Whalers had Pucky on the shoulders, the hem at the bottom should have been green.  When they switched the white hem on the bottom, Pucky when away, but at that point, the CCM was embroidered and they used a velco style fight strap. 

I have a feeling that means to stay away from this jersey.

6 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Need help on figuring out what is going on here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-CCM-Hartford-Whalers-Jersey-Dave-Babych/293153704480?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

So, from what I can tell is that when the Whalers had Pucky on the shoulders, the hem at the bottom should have been green.  When they switched the white hem on the bottom, Pucky when away, but at that point, the CCM was embroidered and they used a velco style fight strap. 

I have a feeling that means to stay away from this jersey.

I really should buy another copy of The Jersey Book for the office so I could look stuff like this up. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I really should buy another copy of The Jersey Book for the office so I could look stuff like this up. 

I have one at the office for this exact reason.  Everything I said is confirmed, but I just wanted to see what others thought.

8 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I have one at the office for this exact reason.  Everything I said is confirmed, but I just wanted to see what others thought.

Well there you go, then. That's where I would have answered from, but mine's at home. 

5 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Idly browsing eBay, sees random CCM jersey and starts to think, ‘ I need one of those. What a great style.’ Scratches head, pauses... realizes said jersey is already downstairs in the closet.  

I’ve done that when it was my own listing. 

.......so I've bought a jersey on ebay on June 16 that is currently stuck in transit. The jersey was shipped from the US to Europe, but it made a detour via Australia. The last tracking update was in Australia on June 23 and the tracking has not been updated since. What should I do? Just wait? Or open a case, get a refund and pay the seller when the jersey arrives? The estimated delivery date was July 17.

It is probably on its way back to the sender.  I would message the seller and ask if they've received it and maybe give it another week and then request a refund.  Make sure you save screenshots of the tracking info as it'll disappear eventually. 

I'm trying to figure out why it would be estimated to take a month for delivery in the first place.  Was it being delivered by row boat? I would contact the post office and see if they can do a lost package search.  I am not sure if the U.S, postal service would be the one, or if it would be the Royal Mail, but one of them should be able to try and find it.  If no luck, then refund from the seller.  Whatever service they tried to use was not good enough if it wasn't supposed to get you for an entire month.  Either way you go about it, I would at least contact the seller to notify him you have not received the jersey yet - he might be able to assist in trying to track it down.

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

I'm trying to figure out why it would be estimated to take a month for delivery in the first place.  Was it being delivered by row boat?

eBay usually estimates international deliveries at one month.

3 hours ago, amonte78 said:

.......so I've bought a jersey on ebay on June 16 that is currently stuck in transit. The jersey was shipped from the US to Europe, but it made a detour via Australia. The last tracking update was in Australia on June 23 and the tracking has not been updated since. What should I do? Just wait? Or open a case, get a refund and pay the seller when the jersey arrives? The estimated delivery date was July 17.

If the tracking hasn’t updated in a month, I would make a claim. It’s one of those situations where eBay always sides with the buyer, and you’re on the right side of the transaction. 

If you haven’t discussed with the seller already, then it’s probably courteous to do so before making the claim. 

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If you haven’t discussed with the seller already, then it’s probably courteous to do so before making the claim. 

Exactly, making a claim before contacting the seller seemed a bit harsh.