eBay version 4.0

dsl135

If anyone is looking for a display TBTC Bruins or they have a tiny body this seller reached out to me and said they'd accept $160 (which I refused so they may go lower) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392444170494?ul_noapp=true

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

If anyone is looking for a display TBTC Bruins or they have a tiny body this seller reached out to me and said they'd accept $160 (which I refused so they may go lower) 

I was almost tempted to buy it, just to harvest for parts so Keener could create a goalie cut TBTC for me.  

14 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

I was almost tempted to buy it, just to harvest for parts so Keener could create a goalie cut TBTC for me.  

Keener can do jersey size mods too?

Edited by AlereFlammam

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

giphy.gif

Ha!
People say I look like him... not sure that's a compliment  

Somebody bought that TBTC at lower than he was offering me to buy it.

45 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

Keener can do jersey size mods too?

I don’t know, but if he couldn’t, I would’ve just tried it myself.

4 minutes ago, furiousd said:

eBay seller mixes labels and the two buyers get each other's items. Suggests that the buyers ship items to each other. As a buyer, do I agree to this?

Nope. You’d have to trust the other guy, who you don’t even know, to ship your jersey when there is no guarantee, no possible eBay claim, PayPal claim, etc. 

You’d be totally unprotected, which I usually endorse in other situations. 

1 minute ago, Hockey Bob said:

Fitz is 100% right 
You didn't mix them up, not your problem to resolve 
They should send you a shipping label pre-paid 

That’s right. It’s unfortunate for the seller since he has to pay to have the items returned AND to re-ship, but it was his own mistake, so he’s the one who has to pay.

5 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Thanks guys. I know I've heard of people doing this, but maybe those were off-eBay sales. Didn't seem like it would be a kosher method per eBay policy.

It’s definitely not within eBay policy. 

If I did two transactions on the board here, and I shipped the two jerseys to the wrong people, I’d propose that as a solution (with me e-mailing the appropriate labels). But if either board member wasn’t ok with it, then I would take them back and then re-ship. 

Happened to me once.  Someone bought a jersey off ebay and had it shipped directly to me to customize.  Wrong jersey showed up so the dude handled all the communication with the seller and just asked me how much it was for me to mail the jersey to where it was supposed to go.  Dude paid me, got refunded from the original seller and I mailed it for him.

Wasn't a big deal.

18 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Happened to me once.  Someone bought a jersey off ebay and had it shipped directly to me to customize.  Wrong jersey showed up so the dude handled all the communication with the seller and just asked me how much it was for me to mail the jersey to where it was supposed to go.  Dude paid me, got refunded from the original seller and I mailed it for him.

Wasn't a big deal.

It is not a big deal, as long as everyone involved is honest. You can’t guarantee that will happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever use a shipping service (like shipito) to buy stuff from the US (when they don't ship to Canada or another international country)?

How has that experience been? Is there any recommended company?

Edited by Phil the Thrill

54 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Anyone ever use a shipping service (like shipito) to buy stuff from the US (when they don't ship to Canada or another international country)?

How has that experience been? Is there any recommended company?

This might be irrelevant, but I've used both a purchase and shipping service from Japan to Canada, and I've used a German mailing address for another purchase. I didn't have any problems with either services. Both came relatively quick and shipping was reasonably priced. Didn't pay any import fees either.

I have only ever used ShopMate, which is a service provided by Australia Post where they give you an American address for free. I just put that in as my preferred shipping address for that purchase, and all was well. 

Might be worth checking out if Canada Post offers something similar?

Edit: I have also used ShipShopUsa.com once. To be honest, it seemed a bit sketchy aat first as you have to buy something from them on eBay as some sort of registration fee. But it all worked out fine, and they even offer to bid on auctions for you. I believe this is more of a privately run 1 man show than a proper mail-forwarding service.

Edited by perthisthereason

5 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Did it work with eBay? Who was the company?

The German address did, I got my own mailing address on mailboxde.com then added it to my eBay account and bought an item that only shipped in that country. The Japan service was White Rabbit Express, but I'm pretty sure they specialize in only Japanese purchases and that wasn't through eBay.

For those in the GTA, crossborderpickups.com is awesome. Same thing as mentioned above - you get a US based address in Niagara Falls and they bring it across the border for you. It’s around $7 cad per package. 

Holy smokes! 
A team repair on one of the arms, washed a lot of times AND sourced straight from a locker room person!?! 

Why aren't you people bidding!?!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RAY-BOURQUE-1991-92-BOSTON-BRUINS-GAME-WORN-75TH-PATCH-HOCKEY-JERSEY-TEAM-REPAIR/312799589980

I don't know what the blurry pics are of Boourque are supposed to show. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, 
$865 for a Rangers TBTC size 52 that has flaws is ridiculous but whats even more crazy is that someone bought it! 

There's hope for my old junk yet 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-92-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-TBTC-CCM-PRO-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-/223741182729?hash=item3418038309%3Ag%3ArhYAAOSwFMRdqSUb&nma=true&si=pO%2BjkSBwEmErAoP0c2P8KyIiUFU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557