• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Ha, I was thinking of the Tyrion Lannister Collection, too. 😅

And that’s exactly what I searched for to find the thread 😂

On 11/12/2019 at 10:36 PM, LetsGoCaps said:

Old issue that drives me crazy.  Ebay listing for fixed price or best offer.  After several lower offers being automatically declined, I offer 90% of the BIN number, and it is still automatically declined.  What is the point of the Best Offer option, if you are not even going to counter a 90% offer?

/rant.

This weirdness apparently runs both ways. Had a buyer offer $65 on a $69.99 item. My price was fair, but I had significantly more room than $4.99. 

But I am very happy lol. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

This weirdness apparently runs both ways. Had a buyer offer $65 on a $69.99 item. My price was fair, but I had significantly more room than $4.99. 

But I am very happy lol. 

Sure.  It works both ways .  I've had some items listed at $x.xx BIN OBO.   And they BIN at full price.  Were they worried that someone else would BIN at full price?  Or did they not understand the offer process?  Who knows?

Just like I've had listings end on Ebay, then I relist at a higher price, and it sells.  It's a puzzle of human psychology and the unknown of who searches Ebay for what, and when. 

The roulette wheel of life.

9 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Sure.  It works both ways .  I've had some items listed at $x.xx BIN OBO.   And they BIN at full price.  Were they worried that someone else would BIN at full price?  Or did they not understand the offer process?  Who knows?

Just like I've had listings end on Ebay, then I relist at a higher price, and it sells.  It's a puzzle of human psychology and the unknown of who searches Ebay for what, and when. 

The roulette wheel of life.

Very true also. I’ve had that happen too, and I assume that’s why, trying to buy it before someone else does. 

But, if you’re taking the chance and submitting the order...

I've seen a number of items sell for full price while I was waiting for an OBO response.  Just a couple weeks ago I put in an offer late in the day (ten bucks less on a 100 dollar item), realized the seller had probably gone to bed, so I sniped myself at full price.  It was exactly what I was looking for at a good price, and I would have felt dumb if I had missed it over ten dollars.

1 hour ago, cjerina said:

Another option is to see if the seller has an "auto accept" set up for the listing. I'll make an offer ~10% off of the BIN to see if it gets auto-accepted before hitting the BIN.

That's actually a great idea.

I guess that makes sense. 

I had another listing where I forgot to set an auto reject, and someone bid $1 on a $69.99 item. 

I countered with $69.98, of course. 

13 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

“Don’t know if he wore it in game”

I do. 

I'm the furthest thing from a Habs fan, but this is a pretty cool pick up for the goalie cut folks around here. Just waiting to become a Price (I assume he played in this jersey that year).

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Montreal-Canadiens-58G-Authentic-Game-Issued-Jersey-Centennial-1910-11-Sanford/333400943655?hash=item4da03eac27:g:jcwAAOSwuBVd0Hyh

On 11/18/2019 at 9:52 AM, furiousd said:

I've seen a number of items sell for full price while I was waiting for an OBO response.  Just a couple weeks ago I put in an offer late in the day (ten bucks less on a 100 dollar item), realized the seller had probably gone to bed, so I sniped myself at full price.  It was exactly what I was looking for at a good price, and I would have felt dumb if I had missed it over ten dollars.

I just did this. Wanted it for less, made an offer, lack of response made me click the BIN. 

Back when I accepted offers on my items that happened to me twice. Guy put in an offer and then BIN after a few hours. 

Both times it was the first couple days of the sale so I intentionally waited a bit to see if any other offers or a full price BIN would come in. But both times they must have gotten nervous and just bought it.

Had it been weeks or months into a sale I would have accepted either of the offers immediately.

31 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Back when I accepted offers on my items that happened to me twice. Guy put in an offer and then BIN after a few hours. 

Both times it was the first couple days of the sale so I intentionally waited a bit to see if any other offers or a full price BIN would come in. But both times they must have gotten nervous and just bought it.

Had it been weeks or months into a sale I would have accepted either of the offers immediately.

The follow up is, it went 4 hours without a response to my offer, but once I did the BIN, I got a shipping notification within 2 minutes. 

So at dead least, seller was waiting to see if he got a better offer. 

it was a 2004 All Star, hard enough to find anyway, and the BIN was fair. Would’ve loved to save a few bucks, but not today. 

I had the reverse happen on this one and I am kicking myself every time I think about it. 

Put in an offer that was only a little off from the asking thinking I'd save a few bucks on a jersey I've been looking for 10+ years.
Everyone has been saying how the market is off so I figured this was as good as mine. 

Dumb A.S.S. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Winnipeg-Jets-Dave-Ellett-Pro-Jersey-/323988019767?nma=true&si=pO%2BjkSBwEmErAoP0c2P8KyIiUFU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 

44 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I had the reverse happen on this one and I am kicking myself every time I think about it. 

Put in an offer that was only a little off from the asking thinking I'd save a few bucks on a jersey I've been looking for 10+ years.
Everyone has been saying how the market is off so I figured this was as good as mine. 

Dumb A.S.S. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Winnipeg-Jets-Dave-Ellett-Pro-Jersey-/323988019767?nma=true&si=pO%2BjkSBwEmErAoP0c2P8KyIiUFU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 

Yup, that was an error.

i had someone submit an offer last week, we eventually got to my best price. He messaged me to seek an even better price, looking to go $14 below my price. He said “I hope we can get this done, I’ve been looking for this jersey for 10 years”. 

To which I responded “You’ve been looking for 10 years but you’d let it go over $14?”

Then he paid my price. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Dumb A.S.S. 

Yep that's not the reverse, that's exactly what I'm talking about. And 315 for that jersey? You should have hit BIN as fast as you possibly could. .

19 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Yep that's not the reverse, that's exactly what I'm talking about. And 315 for that jersey? You should have hit BIN as fast as you possibly could. .

Yeah, 
I'm still feeling it 

Someone really f’ed up there.

Move over ultrafil, this is the new standard of heavy duty material... although it might not wick the sweat and might take on a little water.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153742851853?ul_noapp=true