eBay version 4.0

dsl135

5 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Isn’t this exactly how everyone felt about jersey baron when the 2.0 era first started?Maybe the tide has finally turned. Who knows?

We can only hope. 
For now I'm just hoping they're legit 
Odd that the one listing showed they only had 3 available, then 5, then 7 and I think it now shows he had 11 sold with one remaining. 
I am optimistic but also realistic. 
At least they have it on record that I called with concerns the same day I bought so if it is something shady I will get my dough back. 

Edited by Hockey Bob

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Van67 said:

I agree something isn't right. Description says "not sold in stores", yet the jersey has retail tags? Could be a legit jersey (as the photos indicate it is) and the seller attached the tags or the seller with zero feedback could be sending something different.

it does have retail tags shown but it also as a legit team issue spec card attached to the left sleeve as all team issues do. I think the guy might have just thrown those in there not knowing trying to get people to buy. 

9 hours ago, vadarx said:

I'd be interested in a better shot of the fight strap. only way to get them is via team issue as far as I know, so the strap would help in that regard. 

hope that it is indeed the real deal.

There was a pic that showed it was a double fight strap just like on the team issues.  The jersey used in the photo's is 100% a legit Made In Canada Adidas jersey.  

Hopefully these are what people that purchased will receive.

OK
Happy to confirm

The two I ordered arrived today and they look legit!

*AND* they have neck hang tagging

Happy Bob  

Has anyone used the send an offer to watchers option on ebay?  To me it just seems like a desperation move and one that puts your back against the wall in negotiations.

I feel like if someone is gunna buy or make an offer they're going to do it when they're good and ready to do it, rather than you putting it on them. 

I wonder what others' thoughts are on the use of this somewhat new option.

Full disclosure, I've tried it on a couple items that had one watcher, and now have just tried it on a jersey that has 13 watchers, so I guess we'll see if there's any success soon enough.

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

That good to hear Bob - now I'm mad I passed on them - I was too nervous it was too good to be true.

I doubt that was your last chance.  The team isn't wearing them anymore.  If Meigray's VGK inventory was any indication, there could be a couple hundred blanks just sitting around.  Be patient, and I'm sure you'll end up with the Puritan collar jersey you've been pining for.  😅

26 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Has anyone used the send an offer to watchers option on ebay?  To me it just seems like a desperation move and one that puts your back against the wall in negotiations.

I feel like if someone is gunna buy or make an offer they're going to do it when they're good and ready to do it, rather than you putting it on them. 

Full disclosure, I've tried it on a couple items that had one watcher, and now have just tried it on a jersey that has 13 watchers, so I guess we'll see if there's any success soon enough.

I've purchased off of those offers at least a couple times.  Don't think I've made a sale that way, but I don't sell much.  I wouldn't overthink it though.  Maybe I watch way more crap than the average ebayer, but with all of the notifications I get, I can't be bothered to remember which ones were the seller-initiated best offers.

2 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I doubt that was your last chance.  The team isn't wearing them anymore

The MICS are actually the current season, not last seasons. 

On 12/8/2019 at 12:38 PM, Hockey Bob said:

Something is fishy about these MIC Hawks listings 
The same pics were used for multiple listings. 

I contacted eBay about it and they said they protect the buyer. If something isn't legit about them you as a buyer are covered. 

This guy started out with 2 and it keeps jumping up - claims the seller is out of Nebraska
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Authentic-NHL-Blackhawks-Jersey-Made-In-Canada-/254446568282?oid=401988896647

This one with the same pics is out of Chicago 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-NFL-Chicago-Blackhawks-Jersey-Made-In-Canada/401988896647?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I jumped at the listing out of Chicago and then got a second one which I may not need. 
Hoping they are legit. 
Should have them this week and let you know  

Did the seller say where they got them from?

I didn't ask. 
I was just thrilled to see some available

I hadn't logged on to the board yet so big thanks to Kkash48 for the text and a HUGE thanks to TMLFAN for tipping us to them.  

25 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I didn't ask. 

I hadn't logged on to the board yet so big thanks to Kkash48 for the text and a HUGE thanks to TMLFAN for tipping us to them.  

Possibly stolen product then? Seems odd that jerseys, that have been next to impossible to track down outside of a team dressing room up to this point, especially one that has gone through a modification and is new for the 2019/20 season, would just randomly show up for sale on eBay from a seller with zero feedback.

5 hours ago, JJM4 said:

I’ve been successful sending those offers multiple times. I usually send just a few bucks off just to demonstrate I’m willing to deal (the room is built into my price already, of course). I wouldn’t say it’s frequent but I would say 5 times out of maybe 100 offers in the last few months were accepted, including two jerseys. 

For both jerseys, my offer that was accepted was still higher than my minimum price I was willing to accept had a buyer made me the offer. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ve been successful sending those offers multiple times. I usually send just a few bucks off just to demonstrate I’m willing to deal (the room is built into my price already, of course). I wouldn’t say it’s frequent but I would say 5 times out of maybe 100 offers in the last few months were accepted, including two jerseys. 

For both jerseys, my offer that was accepted was still higher than my minimum price I was willing to accept had a buyer made me the offer. 

That's actually a good way to do it, don't pull an Auston Matthews and drop your pants right away, just give a hint that they may come down a little.  I'll maybe put this idea and theory into practice at some point. Thanks.

Edited by JJM4

For my Rangers fans:

Brian Leetch 2003-04 Alternate CCM On-Ice Authentic Size 48 (L) $250 BIN (ships to the US only)

These are super tough to find at this price point. It's in spectacular quality to make the deal even sweeter!

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

That's actually a good way to do it, don't pull an Auston Matthews and drop your pants right away, just give a hint that they may come down a little.  I'll maybe put this idea and theory into practice at some point. Thanks.

Let them use their imagination before you just whip out your best price. Exactly. 

And just as fast they are gone again!

I spoke with this seller and they told me they didn't have any more and they wouldn't be getting anymore

I wonder if someone got scared and canceled their order in the origional go round.

11 hours ago, Dherms18 (TJF) said:

For my Rangers fans:

Brian Leetch 2003-04 Alternate CCM On-Ice Authentic Size 48 (L) $250 BIN (ships to the US only)

These are super tough to find at this price point. It's in spectacular quality to make the deal even sweeter!

Looks like the seller saw a bunch of people looking at it and raised the price.

16 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I didn't ask. 

Really happy they turned out to be legit and nobody got taken advantage of.

17 hours ago, KB67 said:

Possibly stolen product then? Seems odd that jerseys, that have been next to impossible to track down outside of a team dressing room up to this point, especially one that has gone through a modification and is new for the 2019/20 season, would just randomly show up for sale on eBay from a seller with zero feedback.

So....

Who's gonna be the 1st to bring theirs to CSL and see if you get shaken down about where you got it or it gets reclaimed by the team?  :lol:

I bought 2 jerseys - one from each listing. Both show the same return address on the outside of the package so this seller has more than one eBay account.

If these jerseys were stolen from the team and Adidas never makes them availible for retial I would think it'd make them even cooler as long as nobody comes knocking on my door looking for them.

I have 6 - TI Hawks jerseys from last years "Puritan collar jersey" style and none of them have the retail neck tags but they do have the team tags on the sleeve.

Maybe they only started adding them to the new version of the TI this season -OR- maybe they plan on selling them retail soon.   

Either way I don't anticipate being able to buy this jersey off the rack in the team store for less than $300