eBay version 4.0

dsl135

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Well that sucks. I am glad I'm not the high bidder. I am going to see if I can retract my bids to lower the price. 

EDIT: was able to do so and the bid is back to where it was before I bid. 

Nice!  Glad you posted the link.

They don't call me the I J Spy for no reason ;)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably why you were getting out bid. 
I hope the original owner gets justice. 

Glad you posted the link, I was gonna make a move on that one and now I'm staying out of it

Pretty bold selling stolen items in the public like that.

It's possible these items were bought from the original thief and are now being resold.  If I recall, the FB comments mentioned something about a storage facility and someone buying its contents.  I'm a little confused.

9 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

It's possible these items were bought from the original thief and are now being resold.  If I recall, the FB comments mentioned something about a storage facility and someone buying its contents.  I'm a little confused.

Now I am too, but i don't want it bad enough to be involved in that drama. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Now I am too, but i don't want it bad enough to be involved in that drama. 

In the end, it sounds like it's still stolen property.  I re-read the thread. Sounds like a guy had some tenants that stole the jerseys (and other property) and had them stored in a storage unit.  I guess they stopped paying on the unit and the contents were confiscated by the storage unit's owner (who I believe is the eBay seller).  Sounds convoluted but the victim says he's in contact with the police.

I’m also disappointed because it has a flight strap, and I’ve always wanted to be able to fly. 

Didn’t pay for his storage unit?

i think I found a picture of the current owner of those jerseys

Edited by Devilsguy

On 3/3/2020 at 2:00 PM, mfitz804 said:

Hoarding TBTC jerseys is unheard of, right @Tazer19 ?

Hmmm....You are 100% correct...Hoarding would be if someone were to have, say, 24 of the exact same jersey...24 Belfour Hawks TBTC...or 24 Roenick...

But, if you have just 24 from every player that wore that jersey from that season then it is NOT HOARDING 😂

15 minutes ago, Tazer19 said:

Hmmm....You are 100% correct...Hoarding would be if someone were to have, say, 24 of the exact same jersey...24 Belfour Hawks TBTC...or 24 Roenick...

But, if you have just 24 from every player that wore that jersey from that season then it is NOT HOARDING 😂

Anyone who would do that is a sociopath. 

I’m not saying which one I mean. ;) 

I probably don't have more than 23 of the exact same jersey (unless you count blanks) so I am free of being a sociopath.... Right? 

I bought this jersey years ago for $175. Figured I could clean it up because it was listed as "no rips, holes or pulls" 
When I got it - it showed TONS of wear and holes in the sleeves as well as on the body. 

I fought to return it and finally did. 

Ever since this guy has been re-listing it for $400 + 

I wonder who told him this thing was worth big $ but it is trash - AVOID

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-Doug-Gilmour-Maska-Ultrafil-NHL-Authentic-Jersey-54/324041692690?hash=item4b7263d612:g:1VQAAOSw0-5eGPFy

34 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I probably don't have more than 23 of the exact same jersey (unless you count blanks) so I am free of being a sociopath.... Right? 

Well, for that reason anyway.

😉

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

I bought this jersey years ago for $175. Figured I could clean it up because it was listed as "no rips, holes or pulls" 
When I got it - it showed TONS of wear and holes in the sleeves as well as on the body. 

I fought to return it and finally did. 

Ever since this guy has been re-listing it for $400 + 

I wonder who told him this thing was worth big $ but it is trash - AVOID

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-Doug-Gilmour-Maska-Ultrafil-NHL-Authentic-Jersey-54/324041692690?hash=item4b7263d612:g:1VQAAOSw0-5eGPFy

Lmao "jersey is in good used condition" and "minor yellowing"

It looks like someone pissed all over the front.

I know the world has gone crazy with people hoarding bathroom tissue for a respiratory virus and then there's this guy.... 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-Mighty-Ducks-of-Anaheim-WILD-WING-Jersey-CCM-XXL-NHL/153861752876

16 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I know the world has gone crazy with people hoarding bathroom tissue for a respiratory virus and then there's this guy.... 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-Mighty-Ducks-of-Anaheim-WILD-WING-Jersey-CCM-XXL-NHL/153861752876

LOLwhat? $1,100 for a blank replica? Nope. I paid $300 for my properly-customized Wild Wing replica.

On 3/15/2020 at 12:18 PM, TheKevinShow said:

LOLwhat? $1,100 for a blank replica? Nope. I paid $300 for my properly-customized Wild Wing replica.

And now it's close to 50% off.

My 401k took a $120k hit.

Let's hope I have a job long enough for it to recover.

If not.... watch for a HockeyBob Mega clearance sale!

One stop shopping for all of your jersey needs!
(I joke but my stomache is in a knot)

Wash yer dangitty ol' hands people!

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I refuse to check any of my investments. It's not worth getting hyper over.  The market will spring back, it always does.

This is the right idea. I can't help myself, though. 

I only was checking a few weeks ago because I was about to break a milestone dollar total (even if it is just numbers written in the sky until I retire) and wanted to celebrate.
I came up about $10k shy and the bottom dropped out.

I knew looking at it was a bad idea and that the market WILL rebound, but the last time this happened in 2001 it took forever to rebound my losses.

It's my nest egg along with my collection, let's hope I still have one or both in 17yrs.

1 minute ago, Hockey Bob said:

I only was checking a few weeks ago because I was about to break a milestone dollar total (even if it is just numbers written in the sky until I retire) and wanted to celebrate.
I came up about $10k shy and the bottom dropped out.

I knew looking at it was a bad idea and that the market WILL rebound, but the last time this happened in 2001 it took forever to rebound my losses.

It's my nest egg along with my collection, let's hope I still have one or both in 17yrs.

If you are looking at retiring in 17 years, you'll be fine. It's gonna crash and recover at least two more times between now and then anyway.

I just wish I had some free cash to buy. I used that like 3 weeks ago when I thought the downturn was sufficient enough to warrant some purchases. And now I am down since then, obviously.

It shall pass.