eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Just now, mfitz804 said:

and you can no longer shove smaller items in there. 

You know she did...

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The main problem here is, people were tampering with the mail so they changed all of the mailboxes to have letter sized slots, and you can no longer shove smaller items in there. 

They were doing that around here, too.  All of the blue collection boxes now have pins installed which only allows the door to open about an inch.  My postal workers were telling me that people were taking water bottles and putting glue on them. Then they tie it to a string and put it down into the collection box and pull up whatever they can.  Crazy.

In speaking with some USPS workers, there are some areas in the US where USPS operations have been hit hard by Corona, either in employees getting it or droves of employees having to go out for 2 weeks on quarantine because they worked closely to someone that had symptoms or tested positively, such as in distribution centers. Denver was one market they mentioned as being hard hit, for example, so delays in delivering packages are definitely happening.

But those instances are once the USPS has the package and it sits in their system somewhere. If tracking is showing that it hasn't been registered into their system, then that would indeed appear to be on the seller, not USPS. 

56 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You know she did...

You quoted yourself before I could get on top of that one. 

Just now, thebiggoalie said:

You quoted yourself before I could get on top of that one. 

TWSS!!

Guess I'll ask for the status again. 

Everybody has there own way of dealing with this crisis. Same here in Holland. I'm all good with that, but it would be nice to get more specific info about when and why from the seller. 

Thanks guys.

I hope he stays away from bananas before packing my stuff. 

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

They were doing that around here, too.  All of the blue collection boxes now have pins installed which only allows the door to open about an inch.  My postal workers were telling me that people were taking water bottles and putting glue on them. Then they tie it to a string and put it down into the collection box and pull up whatever they can.  Crazy.

A couple of post offices near where I live had the same problem.  People were tampering/stealing stuff out of the blue drop off bins right outside the post office so they basically had to block those from being used.

18 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

I was watching wondering if I was missing something...  Would not be shocked to see it re-listed cause of non-payment. Winner has a 0 rating

39 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

I think the description originally said it contained the cure for the virus. 

2 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

I think the description originally said it contained the cure for the virus. 

Name the expansion team the Seattle Vaccinators. 

Game worn?  With those numbers?  Ha!

On 5/10/2020 at 6:39 PM, slimcutta said:

I sorta share the odd email message with that seller as I've done a few deal outside ebay with him.  I asked him about that craziness.  Turns out the high bidder was from Argentina and joined ebay a couple days ago, and the seller doesn't ship to South America either.  But the 2nd place bidder was bugging him all week to end the auction early and he bid 1800, so who knows he may end up getting 1800 out of it yet. 

The seller is also pondering keeping it and having it customized, but I don't know if Keener will do 80s Oiler anymore and I also told him it might be tougher to find the authentic crest for it than the blank he's got.

2 hours ago, slimcutta said:

BTW, not sure if anyone here won one of the inaugural Devils, but if you need nameplate material, I've got matching red mesh :D

Did CCM use the same mesh in 84/85?

Lelands put a bunch of jerseys on eBay yesterday, one of them being a Gretzky game issued alternate jersey: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-99-Wayne-Gretzky-Set-2-New-York-Rangers-Game-Issued-Jersey/362994410145?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on it. Everyone knows how much these were faked. I ask for a picture of the Made in Berlin, WI tag, and I got a response back, it came from the Equipment Manager.  It didn't really make me feel much better about it.

10 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Lelands put a bunch of jerseys on eBay yesterday, one of them being a Gretzky game issued alternate jersey: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-99-Wayne-Gretzky-Set-2-New-York-Rangers-Game-Issued-Jersey/362994410145?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on it. Everyone knows how much these were faked. I ask for a picture of the Made in Berlin, WI tag, and I got a response back, it came from the Equipment Manager.  It didn't really make me feel much better about it.

Without even looking at your link, I have never trusted a single thing Lelands has ever put on eBay to begin with. 

1 minute ago, thebiggoalie said:

Without even looking at your link, I have never trusted a single thing Lelands has ever put on eBay to begin with. 

I really haven't either.  I know they listed a bunch of "Game Issued" jerseys yesterday only to take them down and relist them as just authentic.  I'm not really sure anyone there knows the difference.  That being said, you can still get occasional good deals if you just think of everything as a regular authentic jersey.

Leland's is a really great auction house and I've had very good experiences dealing with them...BUT...their hockey stuff can be very suspect. I've seen a lot of questionable items that they've listed during their older auctions. That Gretzky is another one of those.