eBay version 4.0

dsl135

I'll add this also...I sent a message to the seller at 10:54 AM EST telling him the jersey arrived and I am prepared to make payment for it, but first he needs to send me an adjusted invoice with the $25 discount. I'll only pay him that way so eBay has on record that I'm paid in full.

Thus far, no response.

The saga continues with this seller.

After three days, I finally received an invoice to pay him. Unfortunately, when he entered the $25.00 discount, he didn't include the "minus" symbol in front of it, despite my providing specific instructions that he needed to do that or it would add $25, not subtract $25.

The result is I got an invoice for $25 MORE than the purchase price. I just notified him via e-mail of his error. We'll see how long it takes for him to send a proper invoice. I will not pay without one, because I want the discount and I want eBay to have a record that this item was paid.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geez... sounds like he's not too bright.

I even provided specific instructions on how to do it because I already foresaw this issue. Didn't help. Meanwhile I have the jersey and haven't paid for it. I'll tell him what I need to pay him, but I am certainly not going to chase him down.

Now I got a proper invoice for the reduced price, but when I tried to pay it, it was for the reduced price PLUS the original price, roughly double the original cost (minus the discount).

I grew tired and just went into my Paypal account and sent him the money. I put the eBay item number in the notes just in case it ever comes up. I now consider the matter closed.

Now, what kind of feedback do I leave??

Wait, if you paid him directly won't this show up as item with no payment?

I'm not sure. The item page shows I paid and it was refunded.

I figure if he makes s claim, and I respond by showing the PayPal transaction, I'll win any dispute. Besides, I'm pretty sure this guy won't file an unpaid item claim, he hardly seemed interested in the process and he's got his money.

Wait for him to leave positive feedback for you then NEGATIVE! Mwahahahaha!

Don't have to wait. Sellers can't leave a buyer negative feedback. Only positive or none at all. Sellers have no power on ebay

I'm too easy. I got the item, and he gave me a discount. Plus he threw in two hockey cards that I sold on eBay for $20, that's like an additional discount.

I won't leave a negative now that I got it. I'll probably just decline to leave any.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=331525580768&alt=web So i think this guy is hitting the sauce a little to hard to think its worth that much

Maybe he's hoping to find a buyer with the same problem.

Must be just a typo. I bought a jersey like that one from the same seller a few weeks ago, and the listed opening bid/price was exactly 10% of this one. Pretty reasonable guy.

I see a lot of bids and I see some folks who apparently like to manually bid, which makes them idiots but not shill bidders ... the guy with the most bids has 983 feedback, and that's the only item he's ever bid on from that seller, just doesn't add up to shill bidding ... just stupidity (especially since it's a fake) ...

I just had my first request open against me on eBay. It was for one of the Lindros/Leclair patches. It was mailed out on March 30th and on April 1st tracking states "Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)". On April 2nd, I noticed this and sent a message to the buyer stating that this happened and to let me know when he received the item.

Far forward until yesterday, I see I have a request for a refund for the item with a couple profanities thrown in about it not being delivered yet a week+ after the fact. The item is still, I imagine, sitting at his post office because he has not gone to claim it. Obviously it is my job, as the seller, to make sure that he gets the item but what do I do? I sent a response in the form of a message asking if he went to the post office to claim the item as it says to do under the tracking on usps.com and am now waiting for his response. I feel like i've done everything I could have done in this situation up to this point. So when he says that he has not gone to the post office to claim the item, how am I to blame for him not getting the item?

We attempted to deliver your item at 11:50 am on April 1, 2015 in DOVER, PA 17315 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by visiting http://www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender.

Not much more you can really do, if he doesn't know how to read you can't be faulted for that

If he wants it, he should go pick it up

Maybe you could call the post office to request re-delivery if he won't?

I went to fill out the form for him on the USPS site, but it's illegal to fill out the form on his behalf. Rather not get into that type of trouble haha, as little of a chance as it is.

I sent a few nice messages responding to the request and am just waiting to hear back if he ever actually attempted to do what the USPS site says to do. To be fair to him, the eBay tracking doesn't list the information about how to get it redelivered it just says "Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)" on April 1st, but when you go to the USPS site it lists all of the info. He never responded to my April 2nd message, so who knows. I don't have a problem giving a refund but I don't want to give it and then the item gets picked up by him. Would eBay protect me in that situation if the tracking turns to "delivered" after the fact? I doubt it.

Luckily the tracking says it will be returned to sender after 15 days, that means a case can be officially opened (if the buyer wants to) that day (16th) so it should be back on it's way to me if he chooses to make a case and at that point i'll just give the refund.

This is just another example of interesting eBay loopholes. It'd be pretty smart of a scammer to not do anything until the last minute regarding picking up the item and asking for a refund and getting both potentially.

You're pretty much screwed. Luckily it is a lower priced item.

eBay will find against you if the case proceeds because the buyer never received the item and the tracking says so.

Try Sergio's idea of calling the post office and requesting them to redeliver it, but my guess is he won't be home when they try again and it will be your fault that the buyer is a degenerate loser (according to eBay) and be on the hook for shipping charges there and back to you

Yeah, that's an odd situation, sucks that ebay doesn't give the whole story with their tracking

Hopefully he just didn't know how the post office operates and realized how much he overreacted after seeing your response

I know I've been told by UPS and FedEx in the past that the sender is their customer, not the recipient. Afterall, the sender paid them to deliver a package.

I would hope the post office is somewhat the same, if you can prove you're the sender and not just some random 3rd party, I think the post office would listen to you what you have to say. Like the UPS/FedEx example, you are the one who paid them for the service.