eBay version 4.0

dsl135

And just like that the tracking was just updated to "unclaimed". Guy never bothered to read my messages or he could have gotten the patch himself. Oh well.

Get it back, refund his money, and file a claim with eBay explaining it all and asking for your final value fee back. That'll put an end to it.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hollywood,

I have had people send me stuff to my office and it has been attempted to be delivered when the business is closed. The post office always held on to it and waited for Monday and dropped it off when we were open. It shouldn't be too big of a problem. Unless the business has wonky hours.

Edited by 00xtremeninja

They were pretty wonky 11AM. But I had it all resolved, I talked to Artcraft asking if they got a letter or notice because I had been trying to call the post office for four-five hours straight and every single time it was busy. They didn't receive a notice so I figured I was at the mercy of the post office. 25 minutes go by after my phone call and I get the text update saying it was delivered. The people at Artcraft went and picked it up for me, which was amazing.

On another note, just got an offer on one of my patches on eBay for $2.50 less than asking ($12.50-$10.00) from, you guessed it, the dude who didn't bother to go pick up the patch at the post office.

What an idiot, lol.

On another note, just got an offer on one of my patches on eBay for $2.50 less than asking ($12.50-$10.00) from, you guessed it, the dude who didn't bother to go pick up the patch at the post office.

Counter at $2.50 higher than asking price.

They were pretty wonky 11AM. But I had it all resolved, I talked to Artcraft asking if they got a letter or notice because I had been trying to call the post office for four-five hours straight and every single time it was busy. They didn't receive a notice so I figured I was at the mercy of the post office. 25 minutes go by after my phone call and I get the text update saying it was delivered. The people at Artcraft went and picked it up for me, which was amazing.

Block him and tell him you're not going to sell to him again due to the issues with this sale.

Authentic on ice Tampa Bay Lightning 1990s alternate ending soon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351364124881?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351364124881?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Funny, this closed at $705 and someone was saying that game worn storm jerseys were worth about the same amount? I doubt it.

This goes without saying, but these jerseys are in high demand!

Funny, this closed at $705 and someone was saying that game worn storm jerseys were worth about the same amount? I doubt it.

This goes without saying, but these jerseys are in high demand!

Yet I had one last week on my watch list that was a size 48 authentic that went the full auction with out one bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131481365360?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$700+ for that jersey is an anomaly.

Yet I had one last week on my watch list that was a size 48 authentic that went the full auction with out one bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131481365360?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$700+ for that jersey is an anomaly.

That one is a replica size Large

Same thing happened when I sent mine to Arrcraft. Post office tried to deliver at like 8am obviously the business was closed. They left the note and I called Arrcraft to confirm. They picked it up at the post office a couple days later. Still had my jersey back customized in 2 weeks!

There was a sporting good store near me owned by the family of the Ferraro twins back around 1999-2000 that had at least 100 of those storm jerseys for sale for $50 apiece before they change location.

Had I known then what I know now...

There was a sporting good store near me owned by the family of the Ferraro twins back around 1999-2000 that had at least 100 of those storm jerseys for sale for $50 apiece before they change location.

Had I known then what I know now...

Maybe mike Ferraro can find them for you.

That one is a replica size Large

Your right. Bad example.

I still hold my stance. from that long diatribe I posted in the "It arrived today thread". Whatever is happening on ebay recently with "pro authentics" has nothing to do with the "game worn" market.

AND... $705 for that jersey was an anomaly.

Your right. Bad example.

I still hold my stance. from that long diatribe I posted in the "It arrived today thread". Whatever is happening on ebay recently with "pro authentics" has nothing to do with the "game worn" market.

AND... $705 for that jersey was an anomaly.

Well, ok then. I've had offers on a few of mine, and the offers would be considered ridiculous to you. But they were cash in hand, true offers. Certainly if multiple people are paying these prices it's not an anomaly? It's a super rare, hard to find Jersey as far as true authentics go.

And it's even rarer to find a storm gamer, why would a gamer be any less than this blank authentic? I would think that it's likely that someone interested in a storm authentic for that price would consider a true gamer for even more.

And let me say this- I wish you were right. In no way do I consider myself done buying the Lightning third storm authentics, and I don't plan on selling what I have.

So everyone here, hit me up with your $500 Lightning gamers/authentics cause that's what they are really going for!

Buyer orders a (designated for USPS shipping) jersey from me on a Saturday night. Emails me to say they're concerned that the item hasn't shipped yet. It's not even lunch yet on a Monday ...

I smell a bad review coming on.

I'd remind him that there is no USPS pickup between Saturday night and Monday morning. Even if you printed a label and gave him a tracking number, it still wouldn't have gone anywhere.

I'd advise shipping it out today, which was probably your plan already, to try to minimize the negative impact.

People are idiots. I had a guy on ebay bid on something with 3 days left in the auction (4/11). Auction ends 3 days later (4/14) in the morning, he wins. He doesn't pay. I send him an invoice later at night. He messages me telling me he didn't read the description and didn't realize the jersey had some problems with it (even though it was in the pictures and description) and wants to cancel the transaction. I don't want to let him cancel. The item had multiple watchers, maybe somebody else would have bid on it last minute and by him bidding 3 days earlier and then backing out, he costs me a sale. I tell him I don't want to cancel and he's legally obligated to pay for the item. He messages me back and says are you going to cancel or should I open a case? I tell him to go ahead and open a case, which he doesn't. I let it sit, and ebay's unpaid item assistant automatically opens a case on Saturday (4/18). While I'm at the Rangers game, to my surprise, he actually paid for the item! Then I get this message from him on Saturday night. I don't think I'll be shipping today... Also, feel free to block this guy.

Dear cjmatthewsnyc,

Paid. Please ship ASAP.
- Jon

- buyjonsstufff

People are idiots. I had a guy on ebay bid on something with 3 days left in the auction (4/11). Auction ends 3 days later (4/14) in the morning, he wins. He doesn't pay. I send him an invoice later at night. He messages me telling me he didn't read the description and didn't realize the jersey had some problems with it (even though it was in the pictures and description) and wants to cancel the transaction. I don't want to let him cancel. The item had multiple watchers, maybe somebody else would have bid on it last minute and by him bidding 3 days earlier and then backing out, he costs me a sale. I tell him I don't want to cancel and he's legally obligated to pay for the item. He messages me back and says are you going to cancel or should I open a case? I tell him to go ahead and open a case, which he doesn't. I let it sit, and ebay's unpaid item assistant automatically opens a case on Saturday (4/18). While I'm at the Rangers game, to my surprise, he actually paid for the item! Then I get this message from him on Saturday night. I don't think I'll be shipping today... Also, feel free to block this guy.

Dear cjmatthewsnyc,

Paid. Please ship ASAP.

- Jon

- buyjonsstufff

I would have just let him cancel. You'll only wind up having to accept a return when he files a claim that its not as described after he receives it. And we know how those claims go, it doesn't matter if it WAS as described. Maybe eBay sides with you because he acknowledged not having read the description, but it seems like "not as described" are just magic words that make eBay find against the seller.

That being said, good for you for playing hardball and I hope it ends up in your favor.

I'm not normally confrontational, but he caught me on a bad day, and I wasn't in the mood to just let him get away with it. He was wrong, there's no question about that. If E-Bay isn't going to protect the buyer, then the buyer has to stick up for themselves.

I'm not normally confrontational, but he caught me on a bad day, and I wasn't in the mood to just let him get away with it. He was wrong, there's no question about that. If E-Bay isn't going to protect the buyer, then the buyer has to stick up for themselves.

I get where you were coming from. It just seems like ultimately it'll be an exercise in futility should he decide to file against you after receipt. But you were totally in the right.