eBay version 4.0

dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's funny is me and my buddies have been joking around that Eichel could immediately endear himself even more to Sabres' fans if he picks #97 as his new number so that everyone who bought a McDavid jersey just has to change the nameplate.

He can't have #9, cuz E. Kane has it. He can't have #11 (his other number he's used for Team USA at times) because that's retired.

When Matt Schaub came to the Texans much was made of his taking David Carr's #8. The local daily actually published a how-to guide for converting your jersey to a Schaub. Thankfully the Texans had the same jersey design and manufacturer for their first decade, so there aren't a bunch of egregious fouls running around town.

Maybe he should choose some nondescript number like 52, or better still have the coach pick the number for him, until he's earned the right to pick his own.

5AYfWj6.jpg

An eBay first for me over the last couple of days. I submitted a Best Offer for a Stralman Rangers home gamer, set 1. The offer was accepted, but I was asked if I would take set 2 instead as the set 1 jersey was gone. I was kind of bummed as I wanted set 1 as I would have been at one of the games where it was worn, but I accepted the deal because I was happy with the price.

Today I get a message saying that the set 2 is gone as well, and would I be willing to take one of the away jerseys instead, which I am not interested in.

So, to recap, my best offer on one jersey was accepted, but I was asked to substitute a different jersey, which I did, and now I'm being asked to substitute a third jersey. Sheesh.

My guess is that someone offered a better price on the jersey I won through some other sales channel.

Classy.

Yessir - on Sunday night they had six home gamers. Now it is just the away whites left, and I don't care for them. I tried to get a Dominic Moore 14/15 home gamer substituted instead, but they said no.

Ah well, a good lesson in a company to avoid as I venture deeper into this hobby.

Yeah, we found out what happened to your Stralman. A rep on the Rangers game worn page on Facebook showed us this link:

https://twitter.com/steinersports/status/596751970381209600/video/1

He told us that it was so great that Steiner made more money doing this than what the Stralman jersey was selling for! He confirmed that they used two Stralman gamers for this. Another notch in Steiner's belt of pure crap. What a cancer to the hobby.

Yeah, we found out what happened to your Stralman. A rep on the Rangers game worn page on Facebook showed us this link:

https://twitter.com/steinersports/status/596751970381209600/video/1

He told us that it was so great that Steiner made more money doing this than what the Stralman jersey was selling for! He confirmed that they used two Stralman gamers for this. Another notch in Steiner's belt of pure crap. What a cancer to the hobby.

A(greed) with you Oxbo. That's another reason why I'm not even going to buy anything directly from Steiner ever again.

That's a shady move, but I'm glad Chris is happy with my now-rare Stralman jersey.

A(greed) with you Oxbo. That's another reason why I'm not even going to buy anything directly from Steiner ever again.

That's a shady move, but I'm glad Chris is happy with my now-rare Stralman jersey.

Wow. I mean I just assumed that they had sold it to someone else through another channel at a better price, but they actually kept it and chopped it up?!?

I had to laugh when after this all went down they apparently put me on their email distribution list. Yeah, I really want to deal with those guys after that experience.

Ah well, I got a better Stralman jersey from a better person - so I can't complain!

Edited by cferneyh

Ah well, I got a better Stralman jersey from a better person - so I can't complain!

WORD!!

:)

(Got it shipped to you a lot faster as well!)

Edited by thebiggoalie

I was told that they couldn't sell those Stralman jerseys for like $300, so instead they chopped each one up into 300 pieces, sell the pieces for $5 each, which people are apparently buying like mad, and suddenly a $300 jersey they can't sell makes $1500.

They deserve to be eliminated from the playoffs if they are going to pull crap like that.

It's not like the Rangers themselves have done it. (try paying for tickets, that's the real crime)

That's the way Steiner operates.

I was told that they couldn't sell those Stralman jerseys for like $300, so instead they chopped each one up into 300 pieces, sell the pieces for $5 each, which people are apparently buying like mad, and suddenly a $300 jersey they can't sell makes $1500.

Full credit to them for maximizing their revenue, but if they wanted $300 for those jerseys I've got a radical idea for them: don't list them for $660.

They deserve to be eliminated from the playoffs if they are going to pull crap like that.

They deserve to be eliminated from the playoffs for losing 3 games to an amateur team already.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WAYNE-GRETZKY-1987-Team-Canada-Nike-Throwback-Hockey-Jersey-/111487070780?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item19f525b23c

What is the people's opinion of this? I'm assuming it's a modern (at the time of manufacture) re-issue of a jersey. Personally I love the style of jersey. Would it be better hunting down a replica/authentic of it?

It's a reissue, and priced very high. That being said, I haven't seen that style elsewhere in quite a while.

Wow. Bit of a project there. Weren't the Fishermen logos different sizes in different years too? You'd have to make sure to have the right size one.

Although, I know those 25th anniversary patches are pretty rare, so people may be willing to take the risk on these and jump on them anyway.

Wow. Bit of a project there. Weren't the Fishermen logos different sizes in different years too? You'd have to make sure to have the right size one.

Although, I know those 25th anniversary patches are pretty rare, so people may be willing to take the risk on these and jump on them anyway.

The original logos were removed and replaced with smaller ones.

Not that I'm interested, but I'd want to photomatch it first.

DTG had some legitimacy issues which eventually lead to their irrelevance in the hobby and loss of business eventually.

Not saying it's a bad jersey, but that company is associated with shenannigans.

Not that I'm interested, but I'd want to photomatch it first.

DTG had some legitimacy issues which eventually lead to their irrelevance in the hobby and loss of business eventually.

Not saying it's a bad jersey, but that company is associated with shenannigans.

Personally don't know much about the company. The listing didn't look to great. However I thought someone might want a shot at it.

I thought this was going to make a perfect addition to my ex-Leaf Gamers collection....then I saw the asking price.

Did Jason Allison recently cure cancer or something? Considering a very similar jersey went for $100 a few years ago, I'm curious to understand where this asking price comes from. I mean this is so far north of what I'd pay that I can't even be bother to make an offer.

Edited by cferneyh