eBay version 4.0

dsl135

But, once you've taken to the internet, you've exposed yourself to the opinions of others. Just as you are free to post about your experience, your readers are free to discuss their opinions about your article. If you don't want people to comment on your opinions, keep them off the internet.

I just want to be clear that I fully support this concept. Its one of the reasons I write the way I do, to get people thinking or engaging. Some of my best friends and I have differing opinions on much, and we are able to do so without getting angry at each other because we dont get personal.

There is always room for rebuttal in a conversation like this, and thats all I view this as. Im not butt hurt because people are talking negative about the article, but I do intend to correct people when they interpret things or draw a conclusion contrary to the writting.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The guys who decided because they heard a guy was collecting all the Glendenings, so they went there with the entire idea of messing up his action, acted like children also.

They didn't go there with the entire idea of messing up his collection! They were fans of the same player, and knew of a major collector who was probably going to get the jerseys if they didn't make sure to get there before him. They didn't act like children at all. They wanted to ensure they got a jersey that they actually wanted for their collection. It's not like they don't even care about Glendenning and only went there to grab the jersey and say "Nah-nah-nah-boo-boo" to him. They wanted the jersey as well. I can't even fathom how you could determine that they went there solely to mess with him.

I disagree about that part. Even by his account they didn't go there just to mess with him. They said they went there because they were aware of a collector buying up all the Glendenings and they could never find any for sale. They basically wanted those jerseys because they can never find them. If they were to buy them up and then later sell to him at a huge markup, then I will completely change my opinion (I will have no problems writing up and down about me being wrong about that). As of now, I do not see or heard of that happening.

I'll weigh in...

At this point, people view the internet (and social media in general, which like it of not INCLUDES this site) as a place they can talk about whatever they are doing in their life, how they feel, etc., so that others can read it.

He was upset about not getting the Glendenings, and he decided to write about it and post it online. He has the total right to do that and if you don't want to, you have the right not to read it.

But, once you've taken to the internet, you've exposed yourself to the opinions of others. Just as you are free to post about your experience, your readers are free to discuss their opinions about your article. If you don't want people to comment on your opinions, keep them off the internet.

Also, FWIW, if its your opinion that DWhitaker acted like a child, that may be, but he wasn't the only one. The guys who decided because they heard a guy was collecting all the Glendenings, so they went there with the entire idea of messing up his action, acted like children also.

Which doesn't mean there isn't a small amount of humor in it.

I think maybe the problem here is that the article is that this entire conversation is being focused on an account of events that is a piece of the article and not even the article as a whole.

I dont see this getting much more constructive beyond this. I said my peace about it. I went to an event. Wrote my thoughts, feelings, and recount of the event. Reaffirmed that it was what I was thinking and feeling at the time. I guess I can't always be as righteous in my thoughts and feelings as all of you. Just the way I am. My friends take the good with the bad.

Hopefully continuing forward, you guys will enjoy more articles that get written and maybe even participate in the radio show.

Good luck collecting!

If they were to buy them up and then later sell to him at a huge markup, then I will completely change my opinion (I will have no problems writing up and down about me being wrong about that). As of now, I do not see or heard of that happening.

That won't happen. I never said they were bad guys. They were awesome to talk to and made the time fly.

He did say that if there was ever a time it no longer fit his collection or needed to sell, he would come to me first, so that is definitely a positive and we worked together to help him find matches for his jerseys.

Edited by DWhitaker

Was that part necessary/helpful? That line just only re-affirms my assessment of the situation.

I think maybe the problem here is that the article is that this entire conversation is being focused on an account of events that is a piece of the article and not even the article as a whole.

I dont see this getting much more constructive beyond this. I said my peace about it. I went to an event. Wrote my thoughts, feelings, and recount of the event. Reaffirmed that it was what I was thinking and feeling at the time. I guess I can't always be as righteous in my thoughts and feelings as all of you. Just the way I am. My friends take the good with the bad.

Hopefully continuing forward, you guys will enjoy more articles that get written and maybe even participate in the radio show.

Good luck collecting!

Was that part necessary/helpful? That line just only re-affirms my assessment of the situation.

You may have missed the part where I feel like you are trying to find every which reason to account me an a****** as you judge me repeatedly. Defense mechanism. Would you like an apology? You got it. Sorry.

Edited by DWhitaker

It's almost more enjoyable watching a civil conversation unfold...

...but be warned - a gay vampire pic is only a few clicks away if one of youz decides to slip up

And for crissake, Devilsguy, respond after the quote, wouldja?

Noob-vi.jpg

I've seen both before and after here.

Sorry I will put it after from now on.

Edited by slimcutta
Do as you will - I'm just buggin'

Would you guys agree that these are both customization "fouls" ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141691055553 - I believe Gretzky never wore a CCM Ultrafil with the Rangers? His first year was '96-97 and they wore Starter jerseys that year.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331580278589 - There shouldn't be a nameplate on this jersey, Rangers didn't use nameplates for most regular players (excluding rookies and call ups) until the RBK Edge jerseys in 2007...

Correct on both counts. (Except that the CCM Rangers is a nylon mesh, not ultrafil.) :)

Here's a good one. A Winter Classic Error jersey. At least the guy has it listed kind of correctly......the jersey is one big error. Oy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171805415365?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by JerseyGirl

Here's a good one. A Winter Classic Error Jersey. At least the guy has it listed kind or correctly......the jersey is one big error. Oy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171805415365?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now what is the true error here.....the fact that the name is spelt wrong or that it is a knockoff...

Here's a good one. A Winter Classic Error jersey. At least the guy has it listed kind of correctly......the jersey is one big error. Oy.

Its also a fake though, the actual NYR Winter classic jersey looks different - it is especially noticeable if you put the pictures next to each other... but you can easily tell its a fake because of the shiny logos, misshaped NHL logo (too short and wide) and the tie down collar uses silver metal colored rings - all authentic jerseys are colored (on this jersey it is the same cream color)

1128-nyr-wc12collage.png

The cut of that jersey looks funny also. It seems too wide at the top/too narrow at the bottom.

Other than it being a replica (haven't been able to find a reasonably priced authentic) - anyone see anything wrong with this '98 Starter white liberty NYR jersey?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131538271671

Guessing this one is probably difficult to get customized properly like the other liberty jerseys too huh?

That one has the colored stripes in the collar in reverse order. The red stripe should be on the top with the blue on the bottom. Many Starter replicas (and even retail authentics) have the wrong collar striping.

Cosby still has the original fonts for the white Liberty. It's $125 for the kit plus stitching.

That one has the colored stripes in the collar in reverse order. The red stripe should be on the top with the blue on the bottom. Many Starter replicas (and even retail authentics) have the wrong collar striping.

Cosby still has the original fonts for the white Liberty. It's $125 for the kit plus stitching.

D'oh -- Thanks for letting me know, will probably just keep it blank and wait for an authentic.

Not to add to your troubles, but that's an awfully high price to pay for a used replica. I managed to find an authentic for a lot less than that. Replicas like that are a dime a dozen; unless you absolutely have to have one now, I'd suggest you take your time and observe what they go for in other auctions, and you'll be in a better position to score a much better deal.

Not to add to your troubles, but that's an awfully high price to pay for a used replica. I managed to find an authentic for a lot less than that. Replicas like that are a dime a dozen; unless you absolutely have to have one now, I'd suggest you take your time and observe what they go for in other auctions, and you'll be in a better position to score a much better deal.

I did a best offer on it, so I got it for much less than the Buy it Now price -- but yeah agree with you, thanks!

Oh good, I'm glad you didn't pay the listed price!

Now what is the true error here.....the fact that the name is spelt wrong or that it is a knockoff...

Oh, I was going with the true error being that he listed such a blatant fake and expects to get $250 for it. :)

I am in awe of how bad the thing is. It does seem shaped weirdly and the arms seem super narrow. The Winter Classic date embroidery in the collar is laughable. The weird texture of the numbers just fascinates me. I can't stop looking at this jersey.

Edited by JerseyGirl