eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Missed the sarcasm there, haha- my bad.

I'm a strong proponent for a sarcasm font. Just does not translate on the interwebz.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And i was going off that (unofficial) NHL jersey database for the Gretzky jersey for that tag.

The Jersey Database is incorrect for that Kings season. The CCM logo you see there with the 2 different colored blocks is the small block version used during the previous season, 1988/89. Some teams recycled their small block logo jerseys into the 1989/90 season, but all the gamers and footage I've seen from the 1989/90 season show that the Kings used the new big block CCM logo (without the NHL shield) from the beginning of the season, then added the NHL shield later on during the season. So the big block logo on the Gretzky eBay jersey is exactly how it should be for 1989/90.

A lot of guys have done that for selling guitars, which I used to collect. But usually the models look a little more into it. Those girls kind of look like they held the jerseys for the pictures because that's the only time the seller unchains them and lets them out of the basement.

A lot of guys have done that for selling guitars, which I used to collect. But usually the models look a little more into it. Those girls kind of look like they held the jerseys for the pictures because that's the only time the seller unchains them and lets them out of the basement.

It would suck if some lonely guy got really hyped after seeing that auction, waited by his door for 2 weeks straight for the package to arrive, and then was hugely disappointed because the girl didn't come with the jersey.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have one of those in a 42...but it fits like a 44....or 46 depending on what CCM decided that day in the factory to call it.

They also make 36's, 38's and 40's.....I know I'm small but that just seems ridiculous.

I actually have one of those in a 42...but it fits like a 44....or 46 depending on what CCM decided that day in the factory to call it.

They also make 36's, 38's and 40's.....I know I'm small but that just seems ridiculous.

They only started making size 36's to accommodate Martin St.Louis.

eBay question:

Someone just purchased one of my jerseys at full pop and paid in full.

User has the user name of boke-kel-gkx83mxo7 and feedback of 0. They just joined eBay today.

It was my Jeff carter jersey and the person is based in LA so it is plausible.

Question is - how do I protect myself from a scam? I'm based in Canada so canada post is iffy.

Do I ship the item UPS, with full insurance and signature? That way if they claim they didn't get the item I have a signature?

If the jersey sold for more than $300 you HAVE to send with tracking AND signature confirmation. Do that and you'll be fine.

Their Paypal address is also confirmed and I've emailed them based on the email address on their Paypal

I'd be a bit sketched out about a zero feedback buyer.

e-mailing their confirmed Paypal address asking them to confirm that they did intend to make the payment is a good start. That way, if they respond to you, they cannot claim their Paypal account was hacked.

If the total transaction including shipping is above a certain amount (I think 300), you HAVE to send with signature confirmation. You can do this using Canada Post, but I think the only service that offers that is quite expensive. It might cost 30-40 dollars.

Credit card charge backs are another issue. I don't know a lot about them, but a buyer can dispute a charge with their credit card company, and odds are if that happens, you're s*** out of luck. Paypal will hold the funds, and if the buyer wins the charge back claim with their credit card company (not Paypal) you will not get the money back. This can happen two months down the line, so you might think everything went well and then two months later it catches you off guard.

Some people might disagree with the validity of this since they "won" the item fair and square, but I wouldn't take the risk by sending something worth $300 to a zero feedback buyer. I guess it's a tough situation, because if you explain to them why you won't, refund their payment, and request they accept a transaction cancellation, especially if they are a scammer, they'll probably threaten you with a negative feedback.

Edited by hockeyjerseyssuck

This one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1990s-Anaheim-Mighty-Ducks-Authentic-Nike-Jersey-Size-56-/231308634538?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35db11a9aa#ht_82wt_1034

looked kind of appealing to me, then I read....."For whatever reason, the previous owner felt the need to cut out the fight strap"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1990s-Anaheim-Mighty-Ducks-Authentic-Nike-Jersey-Size-56-/231308634538?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35db11a9aa#ht_82wt_1034

looked kind of appealing to me, then I read....."For whatever reason, the previous owner felt the need to cut out the fight strap"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch. No good reason for that.