eBay version 4.0

dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Likely so and will once again prove that there are many collectors out there with more $ than brains.

I still can't believe people collect the Wild Wing.I hope its because of rarity and not because anyone thinks its a nice jersey.

It's a legit Nike replica jersey. The "Memories & Dreams" patch is correct for the 1998-99 season, and the lettering is consistent with and pretty accurate for that season, although the captain's "C" is a bit on the large side.

Yeah the C is a little too big on that one. 98-99 was the first year the Leafs wore that style alt and the customization on it was slightly different then what they went with when those Alts came back in 00-01. Other than that it looks good.

Did he just call you a piece of underwear?

(Major props if anyone gets the reference.)

Ohhhhh man can't think of the name of that stupid rollerblade movie with Seth Green

Ohhhhh man can't think of the name of that stupid rollerblade movie with Seth Green

Chill, brah

Now Popeye, he was a great man.

Come on, Wiley, you hockey man, you hockey warrior!

Picked this up on Ebay for $35. When I sent the guy a question asking if the numbers were heat pressed on Sewn twill he responded sewn. So even though I still had my doubts. But for $35 it was worth the shot. Well ended up being heat pressed garbage. Tried to stip it today using a blowdryer and after about 2 hours this is the final result.. The 1 came off great but the 0 not so much..

IMG_1642_zpsvam1p9x2.jpg

IMG_1643_zpsxg5bbeoe.jpg

IMG_1652_zpsdnxfc5g7.jpg

Edited by Hawks2797

I was going to buy that but noticed the numbers and didn't want to deal with it. Maybe find out if goof off or acetone is safe for that, which I have no idea if it is, and go at it.

Worst case is you ruin that area, cut it up into nameplates and sell them along with the fight strap and possibly the logo. You would probably be able to make your money back.

Edited by JoeM7392

I honestly have no idea, I would send them an email and see what they say. As far as I know that stuff is near impossible to remove. Did you try putting a cloth or old t shirt over it and then ironing? I've removed some stubborn glue like that before.

Shame it's on such a nice jersey though.