eBay version 4.0

dsl135

I don't know about the seller. But there have to have been 30 price changes in the last week.

I'm not considering it, it just keeps popping up in my searches. I appreciate the heads up though.

I've bought a couple of jerseys from him. He ships fast and the jerseys are good but he does like to send a LOT of messages. He messages me from time to time about his listings. He's currently offering me that Brodeur for $185.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright friends, a new one for me. I indicated in my sale post that I don't do international shipping. The person who purchased my jersey has a German name and a German email address. Their shipping address is to a place in the U.S. and they've just provided a single word (Bunk) as their snail mail address name. Anything weird? Should I cancel the transaction?

Is the address somewhere in Erlanger Kentucky? If so it could be the buyer got it through the Ebay Global program thing. that would be my only guess.

This guy has some great Nike authentics listed. I was tempted to go after a couple of them, but I decided not to. Have at it guys!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=weap1082&hash=item4af0a292d1&item=321864766161&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xjersey.TRS0&_nkw=jersey&_sacat=0

Ducks and Flyers Nike's, and he says he has tons more in storage (mentioned a Red Wings away and a Penguins "triangle")

Edited by dsl135

This guy had a Texas mailing address. Still not sure what to make of it.

Is it a Verified Address? If so, as long as it is the address connected with the PayPal transaction, you ship via a trackable method, you upload the tracking info to eBay, and you can prove via the tracking info it was delivered to the address provided, you are in the clear.

Sometimes people abroad have a family member or friend in the US that they ship their stuff to, its not uncommon.

Yup I won. It was sitting at $41 and $61 all week after I set a max bid of $200, closed at $122. Really glad I finally got one to add to my Zuccarello collection.

. I was in on the Conn Whale jersey too :thumbsup: . Congrats tho.

Any idea what this jersey is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CCM-Vincent-Lecavalier-Pro-NHL-Fight-Strap-Hockey-Jersey-56-All-Star-Game-/171929301776?hash=item2807c8f310

It seems like a legit, NHL-licensed jersey. Maybe it was a prototype for the 2005 NHL All Star game? Downward sloping shield is in line with the old NHL logo and Lecavalier was a pretty bankable star at the time.

Just curious. I would be interested if it wasn't so outrageously priced.

Has anyone ever seen this jersey pop up elsewhere?

######. I was in on the Conn Whale jersey too :thumbsup: . Congrats tho.

Any idea what this jersey is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CCM-Vincent-Lecavalier-Pro-NHL-Fight-Strap-Hockey-Jersey-56-All-Star-Game-/171929301776?hash=item2807c8f310

It seems like a legit, NHL-licensed jersey. Maybe it was a prototype for the 2005 NHL All Star game? Downward sloping shield is in line with the old NHL logo and Lecavalier was a pretty bankable star at the time.

Just curious. I would be interested if it wasn't so outrageously priced.

Has anyone ever seen this jersey pop up elsewhere?

I saw that one too, never saw it before. But simple as it is, I really like that style.

It's just an uncrested CCM jersey that somebody made up to look like an All-Star one. I've seen those blanks before for dirt cheap on eBay. Notice how the collar tag is devoid of anything NHL-related and the shield isn't on the hem. It's nothing more than a fan creation that he's probably trying to make money off of.

Nope, you're good. Once you refund the money there's nothing they can do. I learned the hard way from being the buyer of something that somebody changed their mind on selling.

Just venting here, but:

True or false, when a potential eBay buyer asks more than 3 questions about your item, there is no way on earth they are ever bidding on it/buying it.

Just venting here, but:

True or false, when a potential eBay buyer asks more than 3 questions about your item, there is no way on earth they are ever bidding on it/buying it.

Trick question. Potential buyer put in a bid a week earlier, then asks a size question (size is in the title and description) then responds saying they can't buy it and you need to cancel their bid. After you cancel their purchase, they still leave you negative feedback. Because that happens to everyone, right??

Just venting here, but:

That's what they call a 'tire kicker'

Trick question. Potential buyer put in a bid a week earlier, then asks a size question (size is in the title and description) then responds saying they can't buy it and you need to cancel their bid. After you cancel their purchase, they still leave you negative feedback. Because that happens to everyone, right??

Or that... :mellow:

The buyer can cancel their own bid within 12 hours of auction end...and if the purchase has been cancelled, how are they still able to leave feedback?

If that actually is the case, just touch base with ebay and get that sheit removed.

The buyer can cancel their own bid within 12 hours of auction end...and if the purchase has been cancelled, how are they still able to leave feedback?

If that actually is the case, just touch base with ebay and get that sheit removed.

Yeahhh it was within 12 hours, of course. And I'm really not sure how they were still able to leave feedback - I had the confirmation from eBay that it was canceled, but it also showed as 'awaiting payment' in my account. I did submit a 'report a buyer' claim but haven't heard anything yet.

The guy literally asked me five separate times if I would meet him in Manhattan to sell him the item in person. Its a $50 item, and I do not have time to do that and spend an hour on public transportation, etc. to save him $6 in shipping. Moreover, I even agreed to waive the shipping charge, because I know some people will meet up in person and I prefer not to (plus I don't have the time).

But yet he keeps asking. "I could meet you", I said I couldn't. "Could you please", I said no. "I really would like it if you could". So would I, but I can't. "Well let me know if you can". Really?

Then he asked where the jersey was customized, I'll give him that one, its a legit question. But then he asked me again if I could meet him.

Annoying to the point where I almost broke my rule against blocking people just for being a-holes. I won't do it unless there is transaction related a-holery involved.

Sounds like he might've wanted your kidney or something instead...

He wanted to meet in the Manhattan side of the Staten Island Ferry terminal. So I think kidney theft would probably more likely have been the result rather than him buying my jersey.

Wow... that's weird.

Especially where he was concerned about a $6 shipping charge, which I agreed to waive as a courtesy. I think at a minimum he was looking to steal the jersey from me.