eBay version 4.0

dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whether it's on eBay or on Facebook, anyone who absolutely insists to meet in person that I do not already know usually gets blocked. I think the main reason these people ask to meet in person is that when you meet up, they will try to haggle you down below the agreed upon price with lines like "I know we said $100 but I only have $70 on me now. Can we do that?" It's a tactic that these people use in hopes that you accept given you have already spent time and money to travel to the meet up point.

The fact that you offered free shipping and he still insisted on meeting in person gets me to think that it's what he was going to pull on you if you met up.

Whether it's on eBay or on Facebook, anyone who absolutely insists to meet in person that I do not already know usually gets blocked. I think the main reason these people ask to meet in person is that when you meet up, they will try to haggle you down below the agreed upon price with lines like "I know we said $100 but I only have $70 on me now. Can we do that?" It's a tactic that these people use in hopes that you accept given you have already spent time and money to travel to the meet up point.

The fact that you offered free shipping and he still insisted on meeting in person gets me to think that it's what he was going to pull on you if you met up.

Could be. I did it twice when I was collecting guitars and amps, which are fragile, heavy, and on average, more expensive. But even then, I made the people come to my office, and both were forum people I kind of "knew". And I required payment via PayPal before I set up the meet. And I was still uncomfortable, I very much dislike breaking down the invisible wall of anonymity the Internet provides.

But for a $50 jersey??? If you want it, buy it and I'll ship it. Otherwise, don't waste my time. Fortunately I don't need $50 that badly.

It's back!!!

And this time, I think he hired Slims editor to korrekt his miztaykzzzz.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/262066237959

It's back!!!

And this time, I think he hired Slims editor to korrekt his miztaykzzzz.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/262066237959

He didn't get all his miztaykzzzz

"WILL NOT BE RELISTED. Will be listed why fees are free"

I think he means "while fees are free" and he probably will relist when it doesn't meet his $500 reserve.

We should all watch it again so he freaks out when there are 50 watchers but no bids

We should all watch it again so he freaks out when there are 50 watchers but no bids

Already a step ahead of you.

So this was an impulse bid/never thought I'd win the auction kind of deal. Should I be channeling Gob Bluth here? "I've made a horrible mistake."

Any thoughts about this jersey I now own?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-Team-Canada-Scott-Niedermayer-Prototype-Olympic-Jersey-Nike-Red-56-/201432621014?hash=item2ee651dfd6

So this was an impulse bid/never thought I'd win the auction kind of deal. Should I be channeling Gob Bluth here? "I've made a horrible mistake."

Any thoughts about this jersey I now own?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-Team-Canada-Scott-Niedermayer-Prototype-Olympic-Jersey-Nike-Red-56-/201432621014?hash=item2ee651dfd6

It looks pretty awesome, accurate or not. I came close on that one myself.

I think it's pretty neat. I wouldn't regret it too much, you didn't break the bank on it.

That was an uncrested prototype that River City Sports sold a few years back. It's nothing that was ever worn; just a fan creation. I'm not crazy about the back patches or the white numbers on the arms.

That was an uncrested prototype that River City Sports sold a few years back. It's nothing that was ever worn; just a fan creation. I'm not crazy about the back patches or the white numbers on the arms.

I started to wonder how much of a Frankenstein this jersey was..........after placing a bid of course. At first is seemed like it might be like the alternate USA jersey I picked up from River City years ago.

And I have to agree that the new Caps 3rd is fantastic.

I think this is my favorite listing ever. Do you get a whole jersey or just the part in the photo?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191699487473?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Item Description:

IN great.

Hockey jersey sleuths - If you had to hazard a guess, what jersey do you think that could be? Rangers third-liberty? Maple leafs dark jersey?

It's definitely not a liberty. It's an edge cut, and team issued according to the double twill fight strap.

Woah, wasn't the price $75 a little while ago? Now it's at $180, must be IN great-er condition than initially thought.