eBay version 4.0

dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He had one of these last week that I was watching, it ended at $195 USD. Didn't want to bother stripping the nameplate and having it replaced at that price, that twill nameplate would have bothered me.

That guy has been resisting the same stuff forever because all of them are so overpriced. I was partially interested in one of his Hedberg jerseys, but don't even want to bother with an offer.

That seller is actually a pretty well known Devils game worn jersey collector and have both bought and sold through him. That stuff has been on there for a while. He is willing to make deals and that's why he is willing to accept best offers. He had an Arnott on there that I am kicking myself for not making a deal with him for sooner.

I have to also say that older Devils stuff (I am talking about 2003-04 and prior) has really gone up in price over the last year or two. Fact is there is not much of that stuff out there. It's in the hands of a small group of collectors and people who are not in the hobby. Prices of stuff that went for $400 about 3-4 years ago I see are now going for $600-750. Plus if you looked in the last 1-2 years worth of Classic Auctions and GW Auctions, you will see that they have been very light with Devils stuff with only a couple of really high end or some low end stuff.

Over $1100 for a Travis Zajac. Best of luck with that.

That's over $1100 Canadian. In US dollars it's $825. Also keep in mind it's the first NHL game, first NHL point jersey, so those usually command premium prices.

That's over $1100 Canadian. In US dollars it's $825. Also keep in mind it's the first NHL game, first NHL point jersey, so those usually command premium prices.

That makes it somewhat more reasonable. Guess I should have read the description!! Edited by mfitz804

That guy has been resisting the same stuff forever because all of them are so overpriced. I was partially interested in one of his Hedberg jerseys, but don't even want to bother with an offer.

Tell me about it. I love the river rats stuff so I'm always seeing his Bobby Allen jerseys. They were initially listed for around $450 and have been relisted every week for months with $5 taken off each time. In another year they'll probably be cheap enough for me to buy.

Tell me about it. I love the river rats stuff so I'm always seeing his Bobby Allen jerseys. They were initially listed for around $450 and have been relisted every week for months with $5 taken off each time. In another year they'll probably be cheap enough for me to buy.

Been waiting on those Rats. I figure by April 2018 I'm gonna be all over them.

Been waiting on those Rats. I figure by April 2018 I'm gonna be all over them.

Well, I'll just have to buy them in March 2018 for $5 more.

I'd gladly pay $250 for the Hedberg. Being listed at $700+ or best offer doesn't exactly entice me to chase the carrot.

I'd gladly pay $250 for the Hedberg. Being listed at $700+ or best offer doesn't exactly entice me to chase the carrot.

Hedberg's easily go for more than $250, even on the past Meigray sales and auctions when they were scooped up quickly. Plus it's his last NHL jersey.

Hedberg's easily go for more than $250, even on the past Meigray sales and auctions when they were scooped up quickly. Plus it's his last NHL jersey.

Everyone in the NHL has a last NHL jersey. He was an excellent goalie, and had a bit of a cult following from fans, but he was never considered an elite goalie in the league. I'd honestly like to know what the real value of that one would be on an open auction, but have confidence it isn't all that close to $700.

Everyone in the NHL has a last NHL jersey. He was an excellent goalie, and had a bit of a cult following from fans, but he was never considered an elite goalie in the league. I'd honestly like to know what the real value of that one would be on an open auction, but have confidence it isn't all that close to $700.

May not be worth $700, but I can imagine it would worth more than a John Mitchell Rangers Heritage GI.

Edited by Devilsguy

May not be worth $700, but I can imagine it would worth more than a John Mitchell Rangers Heritage GI.

Well thank you for that. It's only issued, so it's still an easy strip and recustomization for less than a heritage from JB.

Well thank you for that. It's only issued, so it's still an easy strip and recustomization for less than a heritage from JB.

lol I love comparisons to JB prices. The guy who has the market cornered on authentics so he charges people insane prices for blank authentics and more than I get decent players game worns.

A game worn Hedberg, especially his last, is worth more than a GI John Mitchell Heritage as well as a blank Heritage from JB any day.

Also just like everyone has a last NHL jersey, there are hundreds of blank, fresh from the factory blank jerseys from JB.

lol I love comparisons to JB prices. The guy who has the market cornered on authentics so he charges people insane prices for blank authentics and more than I get decent players game worns.

I'd just add that JB charges full retail price, whether that qualifies as "insane" is completely subjective. But yeah, there are definitely GI and GW shirts for less than what he charges for a blank authentic.

I personally buy from JB as a last resort; if there's no other place to get what I want, etc. Paying full price for a regular old blank Devils jersey doesn't interest me in the slightest. Not that blanks are everywhere, but I can buy and strip a GI for $200 as opposed to $325 that JB charges.

Now when he got the retro blanks, different story.

P.S. I have no idea what that Hedberg is worth so I'll not opine on that.