eBay version 4.0

dsl135

I'd just add that JB charges full retail price, whether that qualifies as "insane" is completely subjective. But yeah, there are definitely GI and GW shirts for less than what he charges for a blank authentic.

I personally buy from JB as a last resort; if there's no other place to get what I want, etc. Paying full price for a regular old blank Devils jersey doesn't interest me in the slightest. Not that blanks are everywhere, but I can buy and strip a GI for $200 as opposed to $325 that JB charges.

Now when he got the retro blanks, different story.

P.S. I have no idea what that Hedberg is worth so I'll not opine on that.

I'd just add that JB charges full retail price, whether that qualifies as "insane" is completely subjective. But yeah, there are definitely GI and GW shirts for less than what he charges for a blank authentic.

I personally buy from JB as a last resort; if there's no other place to get what I want, etc. Paying full price for a regular old blank Devils jersey doesn't interest me in the slightest. Not that blanks are everywhere, but I can buy and strip a GI for $200 as opposed to $325 that JB charges.

Now when he got the retro blanks, different story.

P.S. I have no idea what that Hedberg is worth so I'll not opine on that.

And full retail for blank jerseys is crazy. He knows he is basically the only one who has the supply and the selection, so he knows he can get away with it. As soon as there is competition (and it looks like there might be one), his prices will look even more insane. It's nothing against him and I would do the same things he is doing, but the prices of the on-ice authentics are so inflated that it's the biggest reason why I switched to gamers full time.

For about $300, I have gotten gamers of some decent Devils players. Off the top of my head, this would include gamers of Brian Rolston, Andy Greene, Grant Marshall, Colin White, Jeff Friesen, Jay Pandolfo, Marek Zidlicky, Paul Martin, Bryce Salvador and Dainius Zubrus. Why should I even bother getting a blank then from JB for $300 at this point?

That Hedberg is worth realistically about $400ish. He has a bit of a cult around him with fans, so that's why his prices are higher. It's still worth more than any GI out there. It's also a lot better and more realistic than $250 or what this guy is charging:

http://www.ebay.com/...RgAAOSwoydWn6~j

Edited by Devilsguy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may be wrong about my offer of $250. In fact, I'm pretty sure I am, I even said "I'd honestly like to see what it goes for on an open auction", but I still find $700 steep for one of his, unless it's a Penguins jersey.

As for my sales thread, I also always leave a little meat on the bone for negotiation. As for my GI heritage, you also can't get the retired numbers from JB that my issued jersey has.

I'm all for a rational debate, and I already admitted to possibly being wrong, but to just starting investigating someone else's sales thread so I can attack something personal and slinging mud with another member is just unnecessary here.

Mitch Hedberg played in the NHL??

(sorry, I'll go back to my corner now)

Edited by Hockey Bob

I may be wrong about my offer of $250. In fact, I'm pretty sure I am, I even said "I'd honestly like to see what it goes for on an open auction", but I still find $700 steep for one of his, unless it's a Penguins jersey.

As for my sales thread, I also always leave a little meat on the bone for negotiation. As for my GI heritage, you also can't get the retired numbers from JB that my issued jersey has.

I'm all for a rational debate, and I already admitted to possibly being wrong, but to just starting investigating someone else's sales thread so I can attack something personal and slinging mud with another member is just unnecessary here.

I apologize for being blunt and getting a little personal, but honestly isn't this thread as well as the "customization laughter" thread and pretty much half the ones here all about slinging mud at people who can't even defend themselves since they are not on here?

I am not going to make myself out as an innocent angel who never partook in those, but that seems to be what a decent amount of what this forum is.

Mitch Hedberg played in the NHL??

(sorry, I'll go back to my corner now)

RIP Mitch. Edited by thebiggoalie

I apologize for being blunt and getting a little personal, but honestly isn't this thread as well as the "customization laughter" thread and pretty much half the ones here all about slinging mud at people who can't even defend themselves since they are not on here?

I am not going to make myself out as an innocent angel who never partook in those, but that seems to be what a decent amount of what this forum is.

eBay is one thing, but I said "member". (Insert Beavis and Butthead joke here". Don't worry. We all have a sense of humor here.

eBay is one thing, but I said "member". (Insert Beavis and Butthead joke here". Don't worry. We all have a sense of humor here.

Fair enough and you are right. I apologize for getting personal like that before. My mistake.

f09195ba6cca596fe639314a6fcb8360.jpg

Fair enough and you are right. I apologize for getting personal like that before. My mistake.

Now stop being a Devils fan and we're cool. ;)

Says in the description it's a retail authentic, to me it looks like a bad fake.

He's a very reputable seller, and it's not a fake.

Those goes me trying to snipe it...I was hoping no one would see it, and I could get it at a great price. Oh well...

You thought wrong

They really are gorgeous. It's one of the few I own where I'm reluctant to put a wrinkle in it.

Yes they certainly are ?

20151104_212838-1_zpszx5mlkx5.jpg

20151104_213024-1_zpsylnxlqkl.jpg

I'm really diggin' that Marlies jersey he's got too.