eBay version 4.0

dsl135

I don't know why anyone with half a brain would so blatantly and deliberately ruin such a beautifully designed and classic look as the St. Louis Blues that way.

And that stupid crest on the front really looks like crap too.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know why anyone with half a brain would so blatantly and deliberately ruin such a beautifully designed and classic look as the St. Louis Blues that way.

And that stupid crest on the front really looks like crap too.

Yeah I totally agree with... wait what?

Man, before long this thread is gonna be named the "cferneyh whining about eBay".

I recently had a dude from Germany message me a bunch of questions about a Kubina game worn Thrashers jersey I am selling. Will I ship to Germany. Do I have an LOA. Can I take a picture of it. I said yes to everything and sent him a pic of the LOA.

Then the negotiation went like this:

He offer $200. I countered with $275. He came back at $225. I declined. He made a new offer of $250. I countered with $275. He accepted.

And guess what? No payment. Best of all is this guy has feedback of over 600, so I'm guessing he understands the basics of how eBay works.

Man. This is the 3rd non-paying jerk in less than a month.

Crap like this irritates me more than it probably should. Look at this gem:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Brodeur-Devils-signed-game-used-Joffa-practice-jersey-auto-CBM-COA-/231898918551?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

The issues here are the LOA's. The first letter shown is basically JSA saying that the authenticator is a good guy. OK, but doesn't tell me anything about this supposed "game worn" practice Brodeur jersey. The next LOA from the authenticator's store which provides exactly 2 sentences of what I guess is supposed to be provenance, but doesn't go into why exactly he thinks it was worn my Brodeur. The rest of the LOA (2 larger paragraphs than the first, important one) basically just says how wonderful him and his store is. Not only that, but further down on the listing is a bio of the authenticator whose area of expertise is only listed as being baseball.

This goes to show how worthless a lot of LOA's can be. As a Devils gamer collector, these LOA's provide zero as it doesn't answer:

1) What exactly is the wear they are observing/examining on the jersey

2) When this was worn and for how long

3) (and more importantly) How does he know Brodeur wore this other than it matches others that he has seen (which he doesn't describe either in terms of common characteristics), especially since there are no numbers or anything to connect Brodeur to this jersey.

I'm lucky that the post office I go to is right around the corner from me and is part of a little corner store in a pretty quite strip mall. At worst there is only ever one person in front of me and if they are doing something that takes long the lady that works there will help me at the same time.

One across the street from my work is part of a Rexall and is a disaster everytime I tried going there. The last two times I walked in saw the line and walked right back out. Never went back

Crap like this irritates me more than it probably should. Look at this gem:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Brodeur-Devils-signed-game-used-Joffa-practice-jersey-auto-CBM-COA-/231898918551?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

The issues here are the LOA's. The first letter shown is basically JSA saying that the authenticator is a good guy. OK, but doesn't tell me anything about this supposed "game worn" practice Brodeur jersey. The next LOA from the authenticator's store which provides exactly 2 sentences of what I guess is supposed to be provenance, but doesn't go into why exactly he thinks it was worn my Brodeur. The rest of the LOA (2 larger paragraphs than the first, important one) basically just says how wonderful him and his store is. Not only that, but further down on the listing is a bio of the authenticator whose area of expertise is only listed as being baseball.

This goes to show how worthless a lot of LOA's can be. As a Devils gamer collector, these LOA's provide zero as it doesn't answer:

1) What exactly is the wear they are observing/examining on the jersey

2) When this was worn and for how long

3) (and more importantly) How does he know Brodeur wore this other than it matches others that he has seen (which he doesn't describe either in terms of common characteristics), especially since there are no numbers or anything to connect Brodeur to this jersey.

He should not have certified it as game used without the things you said. Certifying the signature based on exemplars is how a handwriting expert does it. But he also fails to express any qualifications that would qualify him as such an expert.

In other words, the buyer gets a questionable jersey and two pieces of toilet paper.

Has "glue residue" eh? Looks suspicious ?

check out photo 7 of 8. I know he's a member here but this was too easy...lol.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=322061187897&alt=web

One across the street from my work is part of a Rexall and is a disaster everytime I tried going there. The last two times I walked in saw the line and walked right back out. Never went back

When did you move to Edmonton?

Has "glue residue" eh? Looks suspicious

check out photo 7 of 8. I know he's a member here but this was too easy...lol.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=322061187897&alt=web

Not sure he is still a member here and again with the Global shipping bull s***

Better than UPS I guess. Import fees ruin lives.

Edited by JJM4

Beautiful. Listed as a 48 but tag says 52. Incorrect "C" for that year, though.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/222074194469

Too much orange ?

Beware of this one.

The shoulder patches look like chain stitch and the back #'s were not puffy.

I almost pulled the trigger but asked for a close up of the fight strap and crest, glad I did - garbage

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162027636111?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Buyer complains about the cost of shipping (AFTER the auction ended) from NY to CA. I respond by using a flat rate box AND giving the eBay discount to the buyer, resulting in his paying $2.00 less than actual cost.

Shipped the item on 3/28.

Tracking indicates delivery occurred on 4/2. Buyer says he didn't get it, he checked with the main office at his location, they say it was never received.

I didn't pay for any additional insurance, none was requested and I didn't really think that he would want to pay the added cost based on his complaints.

USPS provides up to $100 insurance for a Priority Mail package (thought it was $50, website now says $100).

What's my responsibility here? I shipped it through eBay, with the tracking number uploaded, and it shows delivery was made. I believe eBay's policy provides that as long as I shipped it timely, with tracking that was uploaded to eBay, and the tracking shows it was delivered, I am covered against a claim (no claim has been filed or threatened to date).

I believe that I have met my obligation and I don't owe the buyer anything. Anyone have an opinion?

I don't think you owe the buyer anything, but eBay may still find in his favor and issue him a refund. I've heard stories where something similar happened and if there is no signature confirmation requested, the package could show as delivered and eBay would still refund the buyer the money.

USPS has been sucking lately. They recently argued with me at my local branch about a package with signature service on it that was being held by them. When I went to pick it up with the slip I was told it's not there and it may be out for re-delivery (which goes against what was written on the slip and their policy). I had to demand a manager to check again and magically it was indeed there. They also recently "lost" a certified letter my fiancee sent. It was a thank you letter she sent to an interviewer at a job she was interviewing for (and desperately wanted). She hasn't heard back from the job yet. They also took over a week for a package that I sent via priority 2-day from NJ to Maryland last month.

I don't think you owe the buyer anything, but eBay may still find in his favor and issue him a refund. I've heard stories where something similar happened and if there is no signature confirmation requested, the package could show as delivered and eBay would still refund the buyer the money.

The seller protection policy requires a signature only on items in excess of $750 (used to be $250). This jersey was not in excess of $750 so I think I am ok there. The requirements are:

1) Ship only to the address on the Transaction Details Page

2) Submit proof of shipping confirming the date and that the address matches

3) Submit proof of delivery (online tracking info accepted)

4) Signature confirmation (if $750 or more)

5) Has to be tangible goods, not something "e-delivered"

So I am covered.

He could be trying to scam you man...maybe he uses a buddies address for his shipping address, picks up the package and says he didn't get it. There's no way to prove otherwise.

In any event, sounds like you're covered.

Buyer complains about the cost of shipping (AFTER the auction ended) from NY to CA. I respond by using a flat rate box AND giving the eBay discount to the buyer, resulting in his paying $2.00 less than actual cost.

Shipped the item on 3/28.

Tracking indicates delivery occurred on 4/2. Buyer says he didn't get it, he checked with the main office at his location, they say it was never received.

I didn't pay for any additional insurance, none was requested and I didn't really think that he would want to pay the added cost based on his complaints.

USPS provides up to $100 insurance for a Priority Mail package (thought it was $50, website now says $100).

What's my responsibility here? I shipped it through eBay, with the tracking number uploaded, and it shows delivery was made. I believe eBay's policy provides that as long as I shipped it timely, with tracking that was uploaded to eBay, and the tracking shows it was delivered, I am covered against a claim (no claim has been filed or threatened to date).

I believe that I have met my obligation and I don't owe the buyer anything. Anyone have an opinion?

What's his user ID? We should all block him ASAP.

He could be trying to scam you man...maybe he uses a buddies address for his shipping address, picks up the package and says he didn't get it. There's no way to prove otherwise.

In any event, sounds like you're covered.

It could totally be a scam. But he said he is filing a police report, I told him to provide me with a report number, and the name, address and phone number of the police precinct so I can give them to the USPS, along with his phone number. He provided the phone number and said he will provide the rest. He's not going to scam me, he'll have to scam the USPS for the insurance money.

What's his user ID? We should all block him ASAP.

I don't think it rises to that level, I'm not going to publicly flame a guy without being 100% sure of what is going on. If I believe he is trying to scam me, I'll report back.

The seller protection policy requires a signature only on items in excess of $750 (used to be $250). This jersey was not in excess of $750 so I think I am ok there. The requirements are:

1) Ship only to the address on the Transaction Details Page

2) Submit proof of shipping confirming the date and that the address matches

3) Submit proof of delivery (online tracking info accepted)

4) Signature confirmation (if $750 or more)

5) Has to be tangible goods, not something "e-delivered"

So I am covered.

Thing is, when I get a tracking # from the post office, all I get is the City, State and zip code. How do you prove the street address?

Thing is, when I get a tracking # from the post office, all I get is the City, State and zip code. How do you prove the street address?

I printed the postage label through eBay. The transaction page shows the exact street address provided and the tracking number. That is another good reason to do your postage that way rather than going to the post office.

Otherwise, you'd be right, I'd have no way of proving it, though I am sure if you dig deep enough, you can get the full address info from the Post Office. But probably not online.