2015 SS at Levi's Stadium

Kingofkings

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just about to ask that. Any ideas or color scheme?

Maybe a "burnt" orange variation of their current jersey for the Sharks. Orange is the only colour in their current palette that they don't have as a main jersey.

Who is this Levi character and why did they decide to build a stadium for him?

I think he used to make jeans.

San Jose VS LA on the 21st of February....new jersey time :thumbsup:

Yup!

I was just about to ask that. Any ideas or color scheme?

Yup! Can't say though...

Maybe a "burnt" orange variation of their current jersey for the Sharks. Orange is the only colour in their current palette that they don't have as a main jersey.

Nope. One thing I can say is that you will see San Jose distance themselves from the orange as time moves on...

Ducks just played against the Kings in orange though so I'd think they stay away from that.

Correct, the Kings won't be wearing orange... ;)

I hope the Sharks bring back the early 90's template!

I don't think they're going that direction this time around.

Is this the only Stadium Series game this season?

I already have more interest in this game than the Winter Classic between Chicago and Washington.

Is this the only Stadium Series game this season?

I already have more interest in this game than the Winter Classic between Chicago and Washington.

Yeah at least this game will mean a lot more in the standings than the winter classic

Yeah at least this game will mean a lot more in the standings than the winter classic

It's not that. I just feel that there is no rivalry between Chicago and Washington. Aside from that, I don't care much for either team, and they've both already participated in previous Winter Classics. I'd like to see something new, or at least two teams that play eachother well.

Not a whole lot they could have done with the Winter Classic since NBC probably wanted at least one professional hockey team in it, which would have eliminated most of the East and all of the Caps' rivals. The Blackhawks are a good pick since they have the best player in the game and they know they will get ratings from the Chicago transplants all over the country because Cutler will be hurt by then and the Cubs would have been eliminated from the 2015 MLB playoffs by then.

I was already planning on going to this game instead of the WC since it's been an open secret around here for a while now. The only way it could have worked out better is if the game is at Stanford Stadium but given the alternative was the Death Star I don't mind going to Levi's Stadium. Note to the SoCal IJBBers planning on making the trip: Do NOT plan on driving to the stadium. Parking will likely be harder to find than an actual Ducks fan at the Honda Center.

Going out on a limb, having looked at the schedules of both Philadelphia and NJ. Anyone think it's possible that a Stadium Series Flyers/Devils at MetLife Stadium is feasible. March 8, 5PM. Nicer weather than the last NY Stadium Series in January. MetLife Stadium, former Superbowl Site (also newest stadium). Devils don't play a single Sunday all season up to that point (and only have 1 other the whole season). Flyers introducing "New 3rd Jersey". Just a thought.

Nevermind-Saw the Flyers were in Boston day before. No time for practice/family skate. Would have been interesting though

Edited by robersong88