2015 Winter Classic

HawksFanInDC

May be a combo of years since the position matches for yours, but the tomahawk colors match on the one I threw out there.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it's that one, then where are they going to place the arm numbers they teased in the second picture? If you look at the stitching those are definitely arm numbers.

I cannot tell off this crappy internet. Is the head the same as their normal ones or a bit elongated? Also, do not see the WC patch, hope they wear it on the chest.

Would have liked the elongated head like they wore back in the day and longer black sleeve ends. I find it odd that they didn't keep any black at the end of the sleeves. More specifically, the longer black sleeve ends like they used to wear. I always preferred that over the small amount of black they have now. Overall the jersey seems extremely bland and overly white. I understand the nod to the past with the tomahawks on the elbows, but from a players perspective, that has to be pretty annoying, don't you think? With such an awesome selection of classic jerseys, the Hawks could have done a lot better. While I don't love it, I'll still be buying one.

toews-wc-jersey-600.jpg

toews110514_630.jpg

B1trvDWCEAAPiPS.jpg

B1ts2z3IMAAECpq.jpg

B1tubw5CYAEIz6Q.jpg

B1tgDYvIcAAJ0jM.jpg

Edited by mdwsta4

Saw that too, but he's also wearing '15' when his number is '20'. So I'm guessing that's the generic '2015 winter classic' jersey.

So I guess Saad is the new captain. Too bad for Toews, he was an okay player for them.

Alright, that is super sharp. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tomahawks on the elbows and the single layer black numbers. I hope they end up making it an alternate down the road.

Okay, so here's the billion dollar question: Where do I get an authentic/edge?? The hawks website says you can reserve your jersey now, but they're only offering premieres. No thank you, lol. Are edge WC sweaters usually available to the public in time for the game? I was really disappointed I had to settle for a premiere to wear for the stadium series game last March because reebok said they weren't releasing authentics only for jersey baron to have stadium series sweaters available months later. I don't want to be fooled again.

Any closeups of the main logo? Curious of it's the usual Hawks Chain-stitching, or the usual Winter Classic felt.

Edited by thebiggoalie

I would imagine it's chain-stitched if the tommys are as well. I kinda like the use of twill for the numbers too. The felt is nice but EVERYONE is doing felt nowadays.

The felt is nice but EVERYONE is doing felt nowadays.

But that's what I feel really sets the Winter Classic jerseys apart from the regular uniforms. And no matter how awesome or terrible a new Winter Classic jersey looks, the felt logos and fonts set them apart.

Aside from that, I agree that the skinny numbers look great, but overall, both jerseys look pretty boring this year.

Okay, so here's the billion dollar question: Where do I get an authentic/edge?? The hawks website says you can reserve your jersey now, but they're only offering premieres. No thank you, lol. Are edge WC sweaters usually available to the public in time for the game? I was really disappointed I had to settle for a premiere to wear for the stadium series game last March because reebok said they weren't releasing authentics only for jersey baron to have stadium series sweaters available months later. I don't want to be fooled again.

Be patient and The Baron will probably have authentics soon.

Kinda bland though. But better than the Caps.