2015 Winter Classic

HawksFanInDC

Of course I have absolutely no idea why you were told that. But given that other dealers besides JB were able to obtain and sell special event 2.0's like the Leafs and Wings WC (River City, IJ, Frozen Pond, etc.) and the Kings Stadium Series (TeamLAStore, who got them way before JB did), I can't imagine JB has that exclusive a deal with Reebok. Might it just have something to do with the dealer's volume of business, perhaps?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Capitals WC jersey I bought from the Baron came in today. I posted a picture of it in the arrived thread. Really happy with it and I'm glad I didn't jump the gun by purchasing the replica which I've seen in the team store and doesn't come close to how awesome the authentic 2.0 is. I'm really tempted to get the Blackhawks WC Edge 2.0 jersey but my wallet will hate me.

People that went to the amateur hockey game at the Verizon Center tonight said they were selling TI 2.0s for $260 at the team store. The catch was that you actually watch the Caps play tonight to get them.

Look for vultures to put them up on ebay soon and endless bitching about it on here.

Yeah, I saw that but they were only 24 of them starting at size 52 and a 20% off sale going on. No way they were going to last very long. Pretty awesome deal for those that were lucky enough to be at the last two games. Sounds like the Caps got their jerseys from Reebok at the same time Baron got his. I bet EPS must be working on them on now. I just hope it doesn't turn out like the equipment sale and they start showing up,on EBay selling for double the price. Maybe the Caps fan store at Kettler got in on the action and ordered TI jerseys also? Might be worth a call.

Should i pull the trigger on an authentic from jb? Plus kanes name and number so $425 all together. I have no authentics and just got a premier from the store for $180 but i feel like an authentic would be awesome. But no one here got one yet right?

Should i pull the trigger on an authentic from jb? Plus kanes name and number so $425 all together. I have no authentics and just got a premier from the store for $180 but i feel like an authentic would be awesome. But no one here got one yet right?

It's been said before, but contact him about getting a better price off of eBay. I've bought three from him now, and each one was discounted at least $25 (at least one was $50 less, can't remember if the third was also $50 but I think it was).

Not a huge discount, but $25-$50 is better in my pocket than someone else's.

Okay thanks. Jb emailed me back and mentioned he only has a size 46 right now. Is that too small? I got a medium premier and its good but the sleeves are pretty baggy compared to my red premier, also a medium.

A size 46 2.0 is noticeably narrower than a medium Premier. The 2.0 arms are also significantly shorter as well, although they are actually slightly baggier than the Premier's in the elbow/sleeve tip area. This is a size 46 2.0 on top of the same model Premier in a medium:

image_zps3d02d20d.jpg

yes. :stickhndl:

i got mine from him about a week and a half ago. glad i didn't wait, as i see he only has 46s left. i am actually contemplating getting another if he gets more. i dig it and it is superior to the premier, imo.

Anyone else gonna get the authentic ones like jb? If i order one from him should i get it customized from him or do it thru csl? Sorry im a jersey newb.

I have not had him customize any of my three. I use EPS, but I had Philly Express do my Flyers Winter Classic.

This is just my opinion, but for a special event jersey like this, I would NEVER buy it precustomized, especially so far in advance of the actual event. Maybe CSL hasn't even finished lettering the Hawks' game jerseys yet. How do other customizers know if CSL will perform any tweaks or alterations in materials (or other details) for the final version? Case in point, like River City Sports not using felt, or not putting that unusual stitching pattern on the numbers of the Leafs WC last year. Or, although perhaps not likely, what if your player of choice gets injured (or even scratched, suspended, etc.) for the game?

If I'm going to go to the trouble and expense of paying over $400 to get the real deal jersey, I'm sure as hell going to make sure the lettering is correct, so I would only go with the team customizer, and only after the event.

I sent my Bruins WC to Custom Crafted with the edge nameplate I wanted because I WOULD NOT risk the chance of fouling up a jersey like that. So much happier with the results as well.

This is just my opinion, but for a special event jersey like this, I would NEVER buy it precustomized, especially so far in advance of the actual event. Maybe CSL hasn't even finished lettering the Hawks' game jerseys yet. How do other customizers know if CSL will perform any tweaks or alterations in materials (or other details) for the final version? Case in point, like River City Sports not using felt, or not putting that unusual stitching pattern on the numbers of the Leafs WC last year. Or, although perhaps not likely, what if your player of choice gets injured (or even scratched, suspended, etc.) for the game?

If I'm going to go to the trouble and expense of paying over $400 to get the real deal jersey, I'm sure as hell going to make sure the lettering is correct, so I would only go with the team customizer, and only after the event.

I agree.

I have my Hawks authentic from JB and am going to wait for the game to happen before I get it customized. I want to see if someone has a big game. Might help me decide who to get on it.

And I echo the above comments. It is an awesome jersey. The tomahawks on the sleeves are amazing.

Plus you run the risk of getting a guy who doesn't even play in the game. Let's say Toews comes down with the flu over the holidays. He might be my favorite player, but getting his name on a sweater he'll never wear (even if it eventually becomes a third, he never played with the Winter Classic patch) would eat at me every time I look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went ahead and had my pre-customized by CSL before the game. Otherwise I likely wouldn't have got it back in time. No surprise CSL did a great job! Only wish the jersey itself was 'better'

DSCF0871-vi.jpg

Well I went ahead and had my pre-customized by CSL before the game. Otherwise I likely wouldn't have got it back in time. No surprise CSL did a great job! Only wish the jersey itself was 'better'

DSCF0871-vi.jpg

Awesome! Can you share a picture of the back? I'm planning on having CSL do mine after the game.