2014-15 Season Jersey Updates League-Wide

PensJerseys

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too crazy about them, but I'm wondering if the vertical striping looks weird because the arms are straight up and down in the diagram. If you extended the arms more out to the side, so that the striping looks more diagonal relative to the body of the jersey, I bet it would look a lot better.

The designs look a bit digital as presented. Hopefully they will release the sweaters soon, so the Baron can make nice close-up pictures of them. ?

Is there a chance these could be a hint for future jerseys, as they did in 2007(?) with the first Edge design?

• 1 month later...

NHL just posted on their instagram a teaser for the All Star game jerseys as they will be revealed later today. Can't figure out how to link from my phone but they don't look great.

Edit:link. http://instagram.com/p/xo6iq7qHwv/

Edited by NJDevilsGreg

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2014/12/2/is-this-what-the-2015-nhl-all-star-jerseys-will-look-like

Thoughts? I generally collect ASG jerseys but, these aren't doing it for me. The stripe pattern and color palette don't mesh well. I would have liked to see Green vs Black or White. Jerseys contain minimal green. C'mon NHL and Reebok - It's the all-star game! Show us something new or exciting. Overall, very boring and plain.

Likely I will not be getting one- unless Nash gets MVP.

Who knows if these are the real thing or not though...

One of the worst jerseys I have ever seen. Snot green accent color is horrible.

I like a lot of the ASG's that some people don't (2000, and 2004 which I can't believe anyone hates), but those are absolutely craptastic.

Sublimated numbers again too.

I'm still going to withhold judgment until I see the entire design. For me the striping will make it or break it. If it's vertically-oriented it will probably look stupid, but if it's more diagonal I think it could still look pretty cool, despite the colors.

Are they doing Captains again if so I hope some good players go on the Whaite team as the Dark jersey looks like S H I T

I'm so torn cuz I usually like All Star jerseys, but I hate these, but I kind of want a Voracek (and the Sabres store has them in stock... replicas at least).

Reebok is just an absolute joke. What the hell is this crap? Remember when the NHL uniform still had some class and dignity? Where did it go? I wouldn't wipe my sack with this rag. Hell, I'd rather wear a FLYERS jersey than this garbage.

Well....maybe not.

In response to Chris Creamer's questions about green in the link, marketing research in the athletic apparel category has indicated that the target audience (Males 18-34) greatly likes Neon Green such as the tone the Seattle Seahawks use in their current uniforms. Walk into any big box sporting goods store and you'll see that leading athletic apparel manufacturers from Nike to Under Armour to Adidas (among others) are frequently using Neon Green as a key accent in the color selections of their product lines from clothes to shoes and more, so the assumption is that is why the NHL & Reebok are using neon green as an accent color to the black and silver colors of the NHL shield. In short, the feeling is that it is "hot" right now and they are trying to capitalize on that.

I personally would have preferred one of 2 paths:

1) Mimic the strategy of the late 80s/early 90s ASG jerseys -- when the league's shield logo was black and orange, those colors only (plus white for obvious home/away versions) were the only colors used in the uniforms. A less "futuristic" version of this design with no green and a non-chromified version of the shield would look worlds better IMHO, using only the black and silver tones of the shield logo's current color palette.

2) Mimic the strategy of the 2004 game in Minnesota, where the Game's unis mirrored the color palette of the host team such as that year's did using the Wild's core colors of deep green, cream and a deep red. Columbus' colors of navy and cream are very "hot" in apparel and even in hockey jerseys right now as well, so a more throwback style using navy (home) and cream (road) as the core shirt colors either with or without red accents would have been very cool in my mind.

Clearly the league is into using national network-broadcasted games such as the Stadium Series and the All Star games to have more of a future-focused look than the throwback feel of the Winter Classic's unis. I understand their strategy, I just don't happen to like the output in this case though.

It is what it is :(

Couple of quick notes.

The crest on the front is a heavy screened twill, but it actually sewn down. The regular replicas since 2007 have had the crests pressed down, but not sewn.

The All-Star wordmark on the upper shoulder isn't sublimated, it's some type of rubberized effect.

The collar itself is fully sublimated. Again, this is a change from the regular ones, which would be either multiple colors sewn together or would have a screened effect of some type on the inside.