2014-15 Season Jersey Updates League-Wide

PensJerseys

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an interesting quote frim the nhl.com article...

"Fans immediately will notice the green trim on each of the lightweight jerseys, regardless of whether they are the "home" blacks or "away" whites. The "elite green" color, while new to fans as a primary color, actually is in the necklines of all authentic NHL jerseys."

Yes, some special jerseys (stadium series, other all-star authentics) have the "green trim", I think what they are referring to are the Indo-Edges. To shame, Reebok. To shame!

My thinking on the design is that they made it for the 12-13 season for when Columbus was supposed to host the all star game and then they didn't use it until this year.

OR

It was designed at the same time as last years stadium series jerseys. I'm basing this on the chrome shield which they have moved away from this year on the other new jerseys that were released.

Pure speculation but just an idea

Edited by AlereFlammam

I was in the NHL store before they unveiled them (I peeked behind the curtain shhhh). The chrome crests are better than the current Stadium Series crests (at least on the replicas)

No nameplates?

A photo of the white game jersey shows a nameplate with rounded edges, like the 2011/12's.

They look like soccer goalie shirts, and that stupid logo reminds me of plastic hub caps that are meant to look like rims...they want to look good, but they just look like cheap crap.

pidaccessoriestoyourcar79776_4-vi.jpg

Went and saw the replicas in person at the Sabres store.

While we can debate back and forth how bad they are (I think they're BAD)... the replicas are absolutely horrible. That "All Star" logo on the left chest is going to come apart in a few washes. Its just heat sealed crap.

**crawls out of hole**

I love the All Star jerseys. They're horrific and everything I love about 90's hockey jerseys, plus volt is my new favorite color and I literally have an entire wardrobe that can match it lol. I'm obnoxious, I don't know what to say.

Does anyone have authentics in stock?

**crawls out of hole**

I love the All Star jerseys. They're horrific and everything I love about 90's hockey jerseys, plus volt is my new favorite color and I literally have an entire wardrobe that can match it lol. I'm obnoxious, I don't know what to say.

Does anyone have authentics in stock?

While not a beautiful masterpiece, I think they are a "modern" jersey done right...kinda. The only real gripe I have is the placement of the arm stripes.

But they're hella unique, and I really like the design, and green's my favorite color so yeah. I'd prefer the numbers on the black jersey to be white, but oh well. Too bad these are going to be extremely expensive.

Real Sports in Toronto had 2.0s for the 2012 all star game for $200, then dropped down to $150 after the ASG. If the jersey sales reflect the public's negative reaction, it's possible that they will be discounted after the game.

I like them too, btw. It's the ASG, there is no better time to introduce "out there" designs. My only gripe is that I'm getting tired of the template with the NHL crest. The colours, however, I commend the NHL for pushing the limits.

Edited by orangecrush8

Too bad these are going to be extremely expensive.

I'm interested to see if they actually sell...reinforcing that I may be out of touch with today's youth.

...plus volt is my new favorite color...

An electric car is now a color?

Nm...I already am out of touch.

Im a noob, double post

Noob1-vi.jpg

Guest Dr_Puck

Yes, I suddenly have the urge to grab a Monster energy drink and whatever vestiges of neon from my childhood that I have floating around my clothes closet when I see those all-star jerseys. Still, the colors aren't that bad. It's the design that bothers me. I don't like the armpit stripes.

To me, it's repeating the same mistakes with a few other jersey designs with awkward placement of stripes on arms.