Flyers adopt 2012 WC jersey as full time alernate

Nas

9eaE92q.jpg

Confirming recent rumors, the Flyers will again wear a full time alternate for the 2014-15 season, their 2012 Winter Classic jersey.

7qNe2FG.jpg

It'll be worn for 12 games this season, twice on the road.

v7svo0s.png

I was hoping it would be something new and original, or perhaps a new black jersey, or a replica of a Lindros-era jersey, but I'm fine with this.

So does that mean the Rangers are wearing their whites at home on 11/19? Or will it be color against color?

Good question! I saw the schedule and didn't even think of that. Probably whites....

Color vs color would be awesome

It would be. Maybe 3rd vs. 3rd jerseys? But in all probability the Rangers will wear white. Which, may I add, is how it was for all teams for a long time. White at home. Even after all this time, that change to colors at home still cramps my brain sometimes.

Looks like there keeping the crest felt as well as the customization. I'm really happy with that. I love that look

The WC style is nice and I like it best of their 3 shirts but this was an opportunity to do something different with the logo. As a 3rd jersey, they could've taken a little more liberties and maybe gone against the grain, dropped the "P" entirely. Just a thought.

The WC style is nice and I like it best of their 3 shirts but this was an opportunity to do something different with the logo. As a 3rd jersey, they could've taken a little more liberties and maybe gone against the grain, dropped the "P" entirely. Just a thought.

I would really like a liberty bell logo, but I highly doubt the Flyers ever use a new logo at this point. I just don't think they're going to do it.

Edited by dsl135

I would really like a liberty bell logo, but I highly doubt the Flyers ever use a new logo at this point. I just don't think they're going to do it.

I was thinking the same thing, but I've wondered if they can't due to copyright issues, like how Kelly Hrudey had to put duct tape over his mask to cover the Hollywood sign.