New Islander's jerseys...

DasChuck77

So far out of the 3 that have been shown, this is the first one that I really just don't like all that much. It might look better once it is on a player, but I just don't like the way that picture makes it out to be.

I am beginning to question the authenticity of those jerseys. The Islanders website makes no mention of them and that photo was from a personal website, and also the main picture shows a #79 Jersey when Yashin is gone. So for now, I am guessing that these are not real and that the Islanders are going to go a different route than what is shown.

I am beginning to question the authenticity of those jerseys. The Islanders website makes no mention of them and that photo was from a personal website, and also the main picture shows a #79 Jersey when Yashin is gone. So for now, I am guessing that these are not real and that the Islanders are going to go a different route than what is shown.

But if so, who would go to the trouble of making a bunch of jerseys like that and take a picture of it?

I really hope you're right on that one. I tried looking on the Islanders website and saw no mention of them myself either. IMO, this is one jersey that isn't broke...so don't fix it.

I think (and hope) that this was a picture of a prototype and it just got leaked. That's why I haven't commented on them. Besides, they're outdated, anyway (Yashin, 97)

Maybe that NHL tag is photoshopped...I apologize if it isn't correct. I got sucked in the hype too...

Maybe that NHL tag is photoshopped...I apologize if it isn't correct. I got sucked in the hype too...

Where did you find that photo? I wonder whose room/office that is. Notice an AFL football on the shelf and the unopened case of Aquafina under the Yashin jersey, not that it clues me in, I just like to take notice of things like that. :D

Where did you find that photo? I wonder whose room/office that is. Notice an AFL football on the shelf and the unopened case of Aquafina under the Yashin jersey, not that it clues me in, I just like to take notice of things like that. :D

Well, the Islanders do share Nassau Colliseum with an AFL team (New York Dragons). I really hate these new ones (just like I hate the alts) so I hope they're not real, but with how much they seemed to be trying to push the alts last season, I have to wonder if this isn't the new color scheme for real.

Well, the Islanders do share Nassau Colliseum with an AFL team (New York Dragons). I really hate these new ones (just like I hate the alts) so I hope they're not real, but with how much they seemed to be trying to push the alts last season, I have to wonder if this isn't the new color scheme for real.

Yes, the Dragons, you recognize that. Maybe these would be alt's for 2008-09. I hope these aren't the 07-08 home jerseys. I may have to get CSI: Uniondale involved. B)

Ok, so this is fun:

Upon further investigation (and an increase in picture size) I have found:

~What appear to be hockey socks on the the table or desk in the background.

~A NY Dragons plaque, above the AFL football on the shelf.

~Two bottles of wine, on top of the shelf (suggesting this is possibly someone involved more in the business aspect of the team than the sport?)

~A Chinese calander above the hats that are above the jerseys.

--- Could this be part of Mr. Wang's office, or what could be a conference room of his, somewhere?

Also:

~What appears to be a poorly photoshopped and out of place #9 on the sleeve of the second closest jersey to the back wall?

Hmm. :fight:

--- Could this be part of Mr. Wang's office, or what could be a conference room of his, somewhere?

If this is Wang's office, he needs a better interior decorator!

Ok, so this is fun:

Upon further investigation (and an increase in picture size) I have found:

~What appear to be hockey socks on the the table or desk in the background.

~A NY Dragons plaque, above the AFL football on the shelf.

~Two bottles of wine, on top of the shelf (suggesting this is possibly someone involved more in the business aspect of the team than the sport?)

~A Chinese calander above the hats that are above the jerseys.

Also:

~What appears to be a poorly photoshopped and out of place #9 on the sleeve of the second closest jersey to the back wall?

Hmm. :fight:

Did you also notice that there's another jersey that has 79 on the chest? Why would someone have two Yashin jerseys?