Mid-90's Blues Jersey - Hem Logo

Hey guys,

I'm on the verge of purchasing an authentic blue Blues jersey (mid-90's), but I noticed something odd; the hem jersey logo is the Starter star logo. Any research I've done suggests that while they did have Starter jerseys, they never actually wore a blue jersey with that logo, only the Starter text logo. I don't believe this is a replica, as there's an NHL logo beside the Starter logo, and the jersey itself appears to be of higher quality than typical Starter replica's from the 90's.

Does anyone have any insight?

In 1996-97, all Starter jerseys had the same logo: S-star over small wordmark. That only changed the next year when they put the star logo on the whites (and 3rds) and the word on the blues.

According to NHL Uniforms, the Blues wore CCM in 1996-97, and then Starter in 97-98 (with the Starter wordmark on Blue). That was the final year of the "Gretzky era" jerseys. Would they have switched from CCM to Starter in the middle of the 96-97 season?

NHL Uniforms is incorrect for that year. The 1996-97 jerseys were Starters, and all the jerseys for that year should have the hem logo that Brilliant! mentioned, as pictured below.

image_zps9945eb0d.jpg